Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After this weeks RAW and her match with Candice. Imo, I think Nikki Cross should and could be dropping her current gimmick soon. There was some hints before with Doudrop, but then they dropped that stuff with Nikki getting upset/feeling down. Now it was back again last night at the end of match against Candice.

Seeing HHH is running things. What is the chances Nikki goes back to her old persona?

I'm not good with where are they are now or contracts, but you think they give Sanity a shot again? Get Eric Young back. I know they never got a legit shot on the main roster when Vince brought them up.

What say you?

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
18,202 Posts
Nikki A.S.H. is a big fucking flop and it was on day one. I have no idea why she pitched it or wanted to do it. Can you believe she was MITB winner and Champion a year ago? I can't. That shows how much she's fallen the fuck off.
She was not a flop. She was over. Having her turn on Rhea because they wanted to get Rhea a reaction was the flop. Nikki was over. They killed her off to give Rhea a buzz. It’s the same way they let Rhea beat up Dom who was over to give her a reaction or the way they attached her to Liv and let her turn on Liv who was over. She got her fanfare killed by the reaction vacuum or Ripley, the character itself didn’t fail at all as a superhero face because it was the most successful and over point of her career. She got her success sniped because Rhea didn’t connect with the main audience despite the over push and they kept looking for ways to get her over at others expense.

·
Devil's Blood
5,179 Posts
She was not a flop. She was over. Having her turn on Rhea because they wanted to get Rhea a reaction was the flop. Nikki was over. They killed her off to give Rhea a buzz. It’s the same way they let Rhea beat up Dom who was over to give her a reaction or the way they attached her to Liv and let her turn on Liv who was over. She got her fanfare killed by the reaction vacuum or Ripley, the character itself didn’t fail at all as a superhero face because it was the most successful and over point of her career. She got her success sniped because Rhea didn’t connect with the main audience despite the over push and they kept looking for ways to get her over at others expense.
I can respect that reply and the angle to it. Hadn't thought of it that way but I still don't think she was a big fan favorite with the gimmick change.

·
This is my show now
Tom Brady's new wife
3,395 Posts
This must be a post that crossed over from a parallel universe through an open portal because in this universe, Liv is the only person you mentioned that was actually over.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,363 Posts
Nikki ASH was successful for a short while (even though ASH as a last name sucks) but Nikki has stuck with it for far too long. So yes, it's past time to end "Nikki ASH". I don't think that they can bring back Sanity again as a group (Eric Youngs probably not going to leave Impact again) but they can easily have Nikki lose her mind to where she goes back to who she was originally in WWE. THAT Nikki Cross id welcome back. Especially now that Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai are sane again.

Reactions: Mutant God

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
The gimmick was over it was just the long winded "empowering" speeches she gave that made fans tired of it maybe if they did fun outside promos of her doing heroic things outside the ring it might peak interest again.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nikki ASH was successful for a short while (even though ASH as a last name sucks) but Nikki has stuck with it for far too long. So yes, it's past time to end "Nikki ASH". I don't think that they can bring back Sanity again as a group (Eric Youngs probably not going to leave Impact again) but they can easily have Nikki lose her mind to where she goes back to who she was originally in WWE. THAT Nikki Cross id welcome back. Especially now that Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai are sane again.
Yeah see, I know nothing of Eric Young's Impact status or how it works contract wise over there. I just see he wrestles at several promotions. But they still can have Nikki do her Sanity "gimmick" like you said.

If you remember, her gimmick was immediately snuffed out the very second she came to the main roster. They fed her to Becky on her debut, who beat her and then that was basically it. One match, wiped all what she built in NXT imho.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Nikki A.S.H. is a big fucking flop and it was on day one. I have no idea why she pitched it or wanted to do it. Can you believe she was MITB winner and Champion a year ago? I can't. That shows how much she's fallen the fuck off.
I wouldn’t say she’s fallen off in the last year. That ridiculous character shouldn’t be anywhere but Main Event.

I’d say the embarrassment should be the belt and the briefcases

·
BLINCHED!
6,318 Posts
One of the worst gimmicks in the last decade that should have never happened to begin with. Each week I see her for over a year now I think about how the gimmick needs to go. Nikki Cross with no title is better than Nikki ASH as world champion, that's how bad it is.

This isn't the 80s cartoon era, these gimmicks are brutal.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
18,202 Posts
This must be a post that crossed over from a parallel universe through an open portal because in this universe, Liv is the only person you mentioned that was actually over.
Dom Mysterio the face was more over than Rhea has ever been on the main roster. He got a weekly reaction. One of the reason his turn videos got so many views is because he was over. One of the reasons he got attached to judgment day is he’s more over than anyone in the group when bad bunny and carnage paint aren’t options.

Nikki was more over in a ring with Charlotte and champions and women weekly than face Rhea ever was … they tried to get Rhea sympathy by jumping her with the superhero (and somehow kept her a superhero after the turn which made no sense).

They’ve tried desperately to make Rhea a thing. They gave her the uk title. They gave her the nxt title. They had Charlotte choose to challenge her at mania while in developmental. They made her Raw champ. They gave her a tag champ. They had her over superhero face partner turn on her. They paired her with red hot Liv who had never won before and wasn’t as over, but Liv kept out popping her. They let her turn on liv, and Liv got more over while Rhea got crickets even in the buildup with Bianca (who got none of Rheas build on the way to the top, just got herself over). They had Edge recruit her and let her turn on him. They then geeked out Dom who was over week after week to make her look like a mini Chyna, while never taking a bump back. And she’s still not that over 😂 and all her heat comes with Dom showing up by her side.

So yeah I’m saying Nikki didn’t flip because of Nikki. She had a ceiling but the ASH character died because they wanted Rhea to try and get the fuck over with the Main audience and have wanted it for a while … but she’s not Bianca, Alexa, Liv, Asuka, Charlotte, Naomi, Sasha, Bayley or Becky who just has it. Hell she’s not even dependable Mella or Zelina in terms of getting the crowd to react which is why they used them so much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed. The sad part is that she was mitb winner and champ last year. But, now she's so little on TV. She's got no storyline too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts