Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,205 Posts
Alright let’s embrace reality a bit here. If you guys truly didn’t care then you’d just scroll on past. But you do care, it’s in a negative way but you do care. When people don’t care about something they ignore it.
Maybe some of us just get sick of seeing this Nikki/Cena shit popup on the General board, maybe if it was posted in Women of Wrestling or the Annoying Thot Talk section nobody would complain.

Just saying.

If we ignore it 100% we start seeing this stuff popup in every few days in a few threads. We're simply a group of people saying, stop, we don't care post this shit elsewhere. :quite

·
Aviary Bro Fist
14,046 Posts
Alright let’s embrace reality a bit here. If you guys truly didn’t care then you’d just scroll on past. But you do care, it’s in a negative way but you do care. When people don’t care about something they ignore it.
Well at first I was kind of kidding.. but.. since you're going to push it. Fine.

Context matters.. "Care" is a word used in many contexts.. anyone who tries this sort of trite nitpicking is being willfully obtuse, and it's becoming a staggering these days. If you think it gets around context in situations like this thread, It still changes nothing I said. People know if they don't make mention they don't desire TMZ garbage tier drama in the wrestling section and just "ignore it" they consent to it being posted over and over again.

No matter how much you try to weasel it, no matter how much you try to bend it, no matter how much you try to pretend it doesn't matter, you don't get to ignore context. Context always matters. This is basic communication 101.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Maybe some of us just get sick of seeing this Nikki/Cena shit popup on the General board, maybe if it was posted in Women of Wrestling or the Annoying Thot Talk section nobody would complain.

Just saying.

If we ignore it 100% we start seeing this stuff popup in every few days in a few threads. We're simply a group of people saying, stop, we don't care post this shit elsewhere. :quite
Well at first I was kind of kidding.. but.. since you're going to push it. Fine.

Context matters.. "Care" is a word used in many contexts.. anyone who tries this sort of trite nitpicking is being willfully obtuse, and it's becoming a staggering these days. If you think it gets around context in situations like this thread, It still changes nothing I said. People know if they don't make mention they don't desire TMZ garbage tier drama in the wrestling section and just "ignore it" they consent to it being posted over and over again.

No matter how much you try to weasel it, no matter how much you try to bend it, no matter how much you try to pretend it doesn't matter, you don't get to ignore context. Context always matters. This is basic communication 101.
Listen I get it, you don’t care for Nikki, John or their relationship. I get that and fair enough. But the frequency with with people love to proudly declare they don’t care about something thesedays is absurd. If you don’t care then just ignore it and move on. You’re welcome to not care about it but some people do. My interest in this topic is limited to knowing Nikki is happy with life which is good for her. Some people do care, a big problem with society thesedays is too many people if they don’t like something they have to try and ruin it for everyone else. If you don’t like it scroll on, this being posted doesn’t actually affect your life. Scroll on.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I learned this myself. Staying friends with your EX does not work (Way to many past feelings and memories). They r your EX for a reason. EX them out of your Life.

·
Aviary Bro Fist
14,046 Posts
Listen I get it, you don’t care for Nikki, John or their relationship. I get that and fair enough. But the frequency with with people love to proudly declare they don’t care about something these days is absurd. If you don’t care then just ignore it and move on. You’re welcome to not care about it but some people do. My interest in this topic is limited to knowing Nikki is happy with life which is good for her. Some people do care, a big problem with society thesed ays is too many people if they don’t like something they have to try and ruin it for everyone else. If you don’t like it scroll on, this being posted doesn’t actually affect your life. Scroll on.
Yeah, I did "scroll on".. many many many many many many times and I'm done, no more silent consent from me.

Again you're willfully ignoring the context of what I said, and here I'll be the "nice guy" and help you out and point you and everyone else in the right direction because I should have done so before I suppose.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-fan-forum/2235225-bellaarmyhq-fan-appreciation-two-iconic-wwe-women-bella-twins.html
https://www.wrestlingforum.com/women-wrestling/1519905-nikki-bella-3-megapost-read-comments-more-pictures-93.html

Two threads about the Bellas and their comings and goings for all this sort of thing to be posted in... I didn't spot a John Cena fan thread anywhere on a quick look... Not exactly surprising there I suppose... And on a related note.. There was a mega-thread made by the mods for just this topic and all things related to it.

·
15,075 Posts
Yeah, I did "scroll on".. many many many many many many times and I'm done, no more silent consent from me.

Again you're willfully ignoring the context of what I said, and here I'll be the "nice guy" and help you out and point you and everyone else in the right direction because I should have done so before I suppose.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-fan-forum/2235225-bellaarmyhq-fan-appreciation-two-iconic-wwe-women-bella-twins.html
https://www.wrestlingforum.com/women-wrestling/1519905-nikki-bella-3-megapost-read-comments-more-pictures-93.html

Two threads about the Bellas and their comings and goings for all this sort of thing to be posted in... I didn't spot a John Cena fan thread anywhere on a quick look... Not exactly surprising there I suppose... And on a related note.. There was a mega-thread made by the mods for just this topic and all things related to it.
I’m ignoring nothing. The claims of “I don’t care/no one cares” are nullified when you show interest. You do care, you care to the extent where this news even being reported annoys you. That is not an abscence if you caring.

And on top of that because you don’t want to care, you want no one to care. That sort of mentality bugs me big time. People thesedays are so keen to ruin something for everyone else.

Yes there’s Bella threads, but there’s threads for everyone. Should we limit all news to those threads? Just have Raw/SD threads and put everything thing else in the individual superstar threads? Or does it just apply to those stories which don’t appeal to you?

·
Aviary Bro Fist
14,046 Posts
I’m ignoring nothing. The claims of “I don’t care/no one cares” are nullified when you show interest. You do care, you care to the extent where this news even being reported annoys you. That is not an absence if you caring.

And on top of that because you don’t want to care, you want no one to care. That sort of mentality bugs me big time. People these days are so keen to ruin something for everyone else.

Yes there’s Bella threads, but there’s threads for everyone. Should we limit all news to those threads? Just have Raw/SD threads and put everything thing else in the individual superstar threads? Or does it just apply to those stories which don’t appeal to you?
You are constantly ignoring the fact that "care" has different contexts and is used in different ways in the English language, and always has been because it makes your whole argument void, but that's fine, keep on keeping on. I care for the personal safety of those who perform, I care for family health and future quality of life of performers past retirement since WWE and other fans CLEARLY often do not. However, I have no need to see who broke up with who, who is.. coupling with who, what color flowers someone got for dinner, who hopes who is "still friends."

Showing "interest" in a topic also has more than one context. But, yes I know, I'm wasting my breath trying so I won't bother. As for what I feel belongs in what forum let me make my stance on the issue as crystal clear as I can think of off-hand so there can be no questions.

General WWE: Wrestling news, Serious individual news like injuries, deaths, family births, retirements, signings, promotions. Show changes, new TV contracts, Business calls, leadership changes. And of course the periodic randoms like "best version of, favorite finishers, complaints about old timers, McMahon hypocrisy, strange booking of whole divisions, best matches, top 10s, historical data. Hall of Fame.. posts of that nature. Wrestling related posts.

Fan threads: Personal drama such as who broke up with who, who's gotten together with who, how they feel about it post break up, pictures, gear discussions, new houses, new cars, what someone wore on a red carpet. Personal related posts. I suppose I could be wrong, but I don't at all feel a little organization is unreasonable for a website with so many people, and so many different interests all talked about at once.

This is the last I am saying about it, no progress is being made here and I spoke my piece to my satisfaction.

:loweringangle

·
15,075 Posts
You are constantly ignoring the fact that "care" has different contexts and is used in different ways in the English language, and always has been because it makes your whole argument void, but that's fine, keep on keeping on. I care for the personal safety of those who perform, I care for family health and future quality of life of performers past retirement since WWE and other fans CLEARLY often do not. However, I have no need to see who broke up with who, who is.. coupling with who, what color flowers someone got for dinner, who hopes who is "still friends."

Showing "interest" in a topic also has more than one context. But, yes I know, I'm wasting my breath trying so I won't bother. As for what I feel belongs in what forum let me make my stance on the issue as crystal clear as I can think of off-hand so there can be no questions.

General WWE: Wrestling news, Serious individual news like injuries, deaths, family births, retirements, signings, promotions. Show changes, new TV contracts, Business calls, leadership changes. And of course the periodic randoms like "best version of, favorite finishers, complaints about old timers, McMahon hypocrisy, strange booking of whole divisions, best matches, top 10s, historical data. Hall of Fame.. posts of that nature. Wrestling related posts.

Fan threads: Personal drama such as who broke up with who, who's gotten together with who, how they feel about it post break up, pictures, gear discussions, new houses, new cars, what someone wore on a red carpet. Personal related posts. I suppose I could be wrong, but I don't at all feel a little organization is unreasonable for a website with so many people, and so many different interests all talked about at once.

This is the last I am saying about it, no progress is being made here and I spoke my piece to my satisfaction.

:loweringangle
Well you know what, if you have no interest in something particularly a topic on a wrestling forum...ignore it. Don’t click on it. It’s liter that easy. You can try and explain it away but ultimately your continued debate about this topic shows you do care. If you don’t like something that has zero effect on you ignore it. You don’t have to go into every thread.

Ultimately it all comes down to this. You don’t like them, you don’t want to hear about them. That thought process is for lack of a better word triggered when you see a news thread on them and have to let everyone know that it’s meaningless news to you. Just ignore it, if you don’t care that’s what you do.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Fuck John Cena and Fuck Nikki Bella.

No one but Total Divas/Bellas supporting beta males cares about this.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts