Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Come on now ...

People talking about Gage's past like they want AEW to refuse to give him work. I thought we were all against "cancelling" people? Gage broke laws, and he spent time in jail as punishment. Until he breaks more laws, the justice system says he's 100% cleared.

If we refused to have anyone that's spent time in a jail cell on our wrestling shows, the cards would be half empty. But of course, you look past it for the guys you like, right? Cos that's how justice works? lol

·
Premium Member
WF Legend
8,438 Posts
Come on now ...

People talking about Gage's past like they want AEW to refuse to give him work. I thought we were all against "cancelling" people? Gage broke laws, and he spent time in jail as punishment. Until he breaks more laws, the justice system says he's 100% cleared.

If we refused to have anyone that's spent time in a jail cell on our wrestling shows, the cards would be half empty. But of course, you look past it for the guys you like, right? Cos that's how justice works? lol
I personally don't care but don't preach being against bad people and then book bad people.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I wouldn't want to see Gage regularly on AEW, but he'll work well as a Labour of Jericho - be interesting to see how far they go with the hardcore stuff, is Jericho going to take a light tube shot ? :D

I see the puritans have escaped from combing their cunt hairs in the Monastery and are attacking Gage for his past. Or do they just want to have a cheap shot at AEW - either way, pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
So they wont work with Marty Scurll (who broke no laws) but they will work with a convicted rapist and a drug addicted bank robber who has admitted trying to hurt opponents?
To be fair, the relationship between Marty Scurll and the EVPs is much more personal. And also, even though the laws haven't evolved to reflect it, I believe the popular opinion is that sexual assault is more morally reprehensible than robbing a bank.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Booker T did 19 months for armed robbery, MVP got 18 years (served 9 1/2 years) for armed robberies and kidnapping, Stone Cold Steve Austin beat up his wife and got probation.

Never heard any of this outrage about their appearances on TV.

As far as I'm concerned, when a guy does his time, he has the right to work without prejudice unless the job he's doing has risks about it (ie. a child sex offender babysitting).

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I wouldn't want to see Gage regularly on AEW, but he'll work well as a Labour of Jericho - be interesting to see how far they go with the hardcore stuff, is Jericho going to take a light tube shot ? :D

I see the puritans have escaped from combing their cunt hairs in the Monastery and are attacking Gage for his past. Or do they just want to have a cheap shot at AEW - either way, pretty pathetic.
Now now fella! We all know WWE is a moral bastion of the wrestling world - moral CEO and his wife, moral senior management team, moral talent! They have never done robbery, assaulted women or sold illegal substances:ROFLMAO:

·
Mr Big Shot
229 Posts
Not to shit on the parade here but aren't AEW kind of against bad people? Nick Gage is a drug addict that robbed a bank...
I don't know who the chap is. AEW should of explained him to the casual viewer? Or is it on my part that I don't know who the guy is But he sounds and looks awful. From being linked with Daniel Bryan and CM punk. To bringing in this death match goof.

·
Premium Member
WF Legend
8,438 Posts
I don't know who the chap is. AEW should of explained him to the casual viewer? Or is it on my part that I don't know who the guy is But he sounds and looks awful. From being linked with Daniel Bryan and CM punk. To bringing in this death match goof.
This is where AEW fails, unless you're an old school CZW fan or watch darkside of the ring you'd have no clue who Nick Gage is.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
9,450 Posts
A garbage wrestler with a very checkered past.. And present. Booker T, MVP and others turned their life around, but this scumbag? It´s not that long ago that he had a run-in with the law. Violating his parole showed that he hadn´t learned anything.
Bad look for AEW to hire this guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To be fair, the relationship between Marty Scurll and the EVPs is much more personal. And also, even though the laws haven't evolved to reflect it, I believe the popular opinion is that sexual assault is more morally reprehensible than robbing a bank.
Mike tyson anyone????

·
rasslin
7,700 Posts
Signing a legit bank robber with a history of violence is not the worst thing in the world. Wrestling is meant to sell violence and is in need of a believable character. Nick Gage is a believable violent bastard and will have me tuned in to see him and Jericho beat the shit out of each other

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
I mean… I’m morbidly curious what’s going to happen. If it’s live, that’s about as good an idea as throwing New Jack hopped up on a couple balls of coke in the middle of the ring with a hefty white guy . Zero lawsuits incoming.

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
never thought he would make it to aew or any big level. i do give credit to aew for bringing in everyone to try and create something. i just dont want long term for people that make a difference. anyways should be interesting to see how it goes and how he fits ! he must be so happy.

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
2,368 Posts
I'm very familiar with Nick Gage and the H8 Club from CZW. Nick's brother is Justice Pain who was the former CZW Champion. I never thought I would ever see Nick Gage wrestle on national television.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts