Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Holy crap, this is awesome!!!! I just love Nick f****n Gage!!!! He is as bad ass and hardcore as they get. Edgy, dangerous, the perfect antithesis to the boring WWE. Man, I hope he comes out to his signature Metallica For Whom The Bell Tolls.
this is what Nick Gage will probably be coming out to next week.

If AEW can't get the rights to AC/DC or Van Halen songs, what makes you think that Metallica is going to wave their rights as well?

·
Registered
453 Posts
this is what Nick Gage will probably be coming out to next week.

If AEW can't get the rights to AC/DC or Van Halen songs, what makes you think that Metallica is going to wave their rights as well?
I was distracted during that segment but didn't he come out to a song tonight? It'll probably be the same thing.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Jericho in his ‘Painmaker’ get up just gives me Luther vibes with his shape at the moment. I understand it’s his NJPW thing though which I haven’t followed so I guess it’s just not for me. I would say Gage isn’t too but I know so little about the guy it’s hard to critique.

As Chip raises though, it does pose that question of is it hypocritical to bring him in with how they have painted themselves with others? I think that more comes down to an experience thing, don’t ever come down too hardline either side as there may be business to be made which could come back and bite you on the rear. McMahon is a pro on that side, whatever the bad blood or association of the worker he puts that’s all aside if it makes sense. I guess that bodes the question of, is Gage worth any controversy?

·
13,633 Posts
Not to shit on the parade here but aren't AEW kind of against bad people? Nick Gage is a drug addict that robbed a bank...
Eventually billionaires going to billionaire. I don't believe his signed its more like the Jeff Cobb deal. One and done.

Though I don't think his drug use should be held against him. Alot of peoples favourite wrestlers use substances

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Literally never heard of him.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am down with it in terms of the context of the mjf/jericho storyline of mjf trying to put jericho through hell by using others to fight his battles for him.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know from watching him on Dark Side of the Ring that he is a nutcase. This style of wrestling has no place on TV so hopefully it's watered down a bit. Death match spots make me sick to my stomach.

Also I can't take this guy seriously. He is toothless and looks like a dirty homeless man.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Too bad we don't have a fountain of youth would love to see Abdullah the butcher the Sheepherders and Stan Hansen in AEW maybe they can acquire Violence Unlimited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So they wont work with Marty Scurll (who broke no laws) but they will work with a convicted rapist and a drug addicted bank robber who has admitted trying to hurt opponents?

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
So they wont work with Marty Scurll (who broke no laws) but they will work with a convicted rapist and a drug addicted bank robber who has admitted trying to hurt opponents?
both did their time

do you guys know how jail works? Its literally the punishment for the crime

or do you expect unending punishment? Is your mom still smacking you years later for ruining their rug that one time?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
This is a pretty good move for AEW.

I mean, people saying that no one knows who Nick Gage is. The pop he just got begs to differ.
This is the area where WWE most fails, and AEW succeeds - Fan Service.

I don't doubt that AEW will make sure that Gage tones down the hardcore style for this match. I don't expect to see light tubes and sheets of glass. But I absolutely expect this to be the most brutal thing we've had on Dynamite. It's a shame that we already know for certain that Jericho is winning. Without the "5 Trials" stip ongoing, this might have gone either way.

Maybe it would have been better to position Gage as Jericho's final opponent in the 5 matches?
If this is #2, who the hell will be the rest, if the idea is that the "Trials" will escalate each time!?

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
So you gonna let a pedophile babysit your kids?? He's done his time in jail though....
trick question, i have no kids

would i let a pedophile take part in a death match though?

sure - against Gage? Double sure

i’ll even pay Cage a little extra under the table to do the dirty on the guy

21 - 40 of 93 Posts