Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MJF just revealed to Chris Jericho that labor #2 for Chris is to wrestle Nick Gage in a no dq match next Wednesday. From what I know which is very little of Gage besides being know for his death match's is that he's also a bit of a head case. It seems like AEW is trying to capitalize on the dark side of the ring episode which is something people would bitch at WWE for doing if they pulled off something like this. Thoughts?

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
3,196 Posts
Also how hardcore is Jericho willing to go / how far is AEW going to let Gage go on national television?

Hope it delivers but hope it comes off well too no David Arquette situations please Nick....

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
3,196 Posts
I honestly don't really care for Gage's style of pro wrestling (mindless hardcore) and am not even that big of a fan of him. But, I fully realize that he has a decent sized fanbase who is into him and that style and the novelty of this match I will admit is neat.
His jump in popularity cuz if Dark side makes this a perfect time to do it too. I agree with everything you said btw not a fan of cheese graters and shit lol.

·
Lucas Landslide
2,129 Posts
I consider myself pretty well known about whos whos and update to do with wrestlers.

but who the fuck is he? never heard of him once literally ever

·
Angry at refs
5,189 Posts
The guy has been known for getting a bit heated during a match, but I doubt AEW and especially Jericho will allow him to do the usual deathmatch stuff that he's used to. He isn't the best wrestler either so I'm not expecting anything great from the match.

It's a good way to capitalise on the current buzz Gage has from the smarks at least.

No idea who he is but apparently he was on that Dark Side of the Ring show or something?
He's the GCW Champion atm, GCW is basically the new CZW where they do the crazy deathmatch stuff. He was on Dark Side of the Ring due to having his career in CZW, GCW, and leading a drug-filled and criminal life.

He also had a deathmatch with David Arquette in, I think it was 2020, where he accidentally cut David's neck open with a piece from a light tube due to the fact that Gage is careless and David isn't a trained wrestler, a bad mix.

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Jericho's not going to do anything too crazy. Remember how safe his cage bump was? If this was Gage vs Sammy Guevara or Darby Allin, then someone might die.

The most violent match Chris Jericho has had in his career was maybe his ladder match at Royal Rumble 2001 vs redacted?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts