Wrestling Forum banner

Nice, WWE...Nice.

5313 Views 39 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Ph3n0m
Does anyone else think it was somewhat ignorant for The Miz to bring up Lawler's mom dying in his post match promo?

WTF.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
I thought Miz was sincere in the offering of his condolences. It's a bit of a sensitive issue I guess because WWE would have written Lawler into the script today to allow him to respond to whatever Miz's post match promo was originally intended to be, given their WWE Championship match on Sunday.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Ignorant? Because he offered his completely non-sarcastic condolences in the middle of a heel promo? Are you kidding me?

It was outrageously PG and Miz practically broke character to go out of way to say "I'm sorry" to a guy he's supposed to hate. 10-15 years ago they would've used this as fuel for a blood feud and now people are calling this ignorant.

Sheesh.

· HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
1,168 Posts
didn't like it really, but accept why he done it, reason did not like it, lost my mom as well recently at 52

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Regarding the thread title rather than the OP, yes, it was nice. WWE handled the whole thing in a classy manner. Lawler's absense on the 'Go Home' show before EC had to be addressed to the live crowd and the only person they could use was The Miz. The comments he made were entirely respectful in regards to Lawler and his family and focused completely on the match. That was exactly how it should've been done and how every single person on this forum would've handled it if we were booking the show tonight.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Regarding the thread title rather than the OP, yes, it was nice. WWE handled the whole thing in a classy manner. Lawler's absense on the 'Go Home' show before EC had to be addressed to the live crowd and the only person they could use was The Miz. The comments he made were entirely respectful in regards to Lawler and his family and focused completely on the match. That was exactly how it should've been done and how every single person on this forum would've handled it if we were booking the show tonight.
Pfft. If I was booking the show I would've had Miz perform a poem like the Big Boss Man did during the Big Show feud.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.