Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nia Jax made some interesting comments while talking about Alexa Bliss. Jax stated that she went to upper management to complain about a wrestler who was hurting Bliss in the ring.

"I remember back when... I am not gonna mention any names but Lexi was working an angle, she was continuously getting hurt, in a certain angle with somebody. And I don't remember her not saying anything, specifically because she wanted to be a team player. Like, she was so nervous, she wanted to be a team player, she wanted to be somebody like, 'oh, I can do this', but me, personally, from the outside, looking in, I was so angry.
"I was like, 'no she cannot do this anymore. I personally would not allow her to get back in the ring to get hurt again', and I had to go to the people, to the higher-ups, and tell them, 'listen, Lexi is five foot nothing, a 100 pounds, getting thrown around like a little ragdoll and injured every night.' I was like, 'Put me in, I'm a 6 foot, 300-pound bi**h and I can handle it'.

Nia really is one shady ass IMO. and lol at her attempt at "I'm not gona name any names (but i'll make it perfectly clear who it is)".

However, I'll say that Ronda's moves did look vicious and reckless when she first started, and Alexa wasn't a good match for her level of experience. Nia "stepped up" to her friend, but she got a pretty sweet main event deal out of it.

·
Registered
23,501 Posts
I mean, Nia isn't wrong when it comes to Alexa's stature being matched up with someone like Ronda, and it's nice she stood up for her friend.

It's just hard to take Nia that seriously talking about someone injuring people when she herself injured Becky, Bayley, almost Charlotte in that one disastrous match they had a couple years ago.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,292 Posts
Ronda was really one of the worst things to happen to the women's division.
You mean the best.

No Ronda and the women are still in 2 minute piss break matches.

Then when you get to Ronda's actual involvement in the WWE, her reign was 100 times better than Becky's and everyone else's

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Nia Jax nearly killed Charlotte twice in one match. She threw Bayley into the ring separating her shoulder. She gave Zelina Vega (She's smaller than Bliss) a concussion by throwing her from a ridiculous height. Pretty sure she hurt Ember Moon at one point. She also broke Lynch's nose with a wayward punch. I guess she was just saving her from that bully Ronda.

Fuck her

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts
Ronda's run was probably the most compelling the women's division ever was or will be. You think the women's division would have ever main evented WM without Ronda? No chance in hell. Without Ronda, Kofi vs Bryan main events that show 100%(it arguably still should have, but that's another story).

I'd say that Ronda leaving was "one of the worst things to happen to the women's division".

...oh, and in regards to Nia: pot, meet kettle.

·
Premium Member
16,948 Posts
I don't get angry at Nia for stepping in for a friend if she truly was worried for them. Even with Nia's history of hurting others (albeit exaggerated by many), that doesn't disqualify her from being worried about her friend.

I'm more interested in if WWE saw Alexa getting blown up and did nothing about it. Or, was Alexa not trained enough to adapt to Rhonda? I wouldn't blame Rhonda being green in her first year. I'd blame the trainers and agents.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I might take this the slightest bit seriously if it didn't come from Nia Jax. Someone who has hurt opponent after opponent, nearly breaking Charlotte's neck, completely breaking Becky's face, costing Lynch and the WWE a massive main event match with Ronda Rousey, which they never truly got to do.

I don't buy it coming from a place of concern from Nia Jax. She saw an opportunity to make herself look good by being outspoken and "supportive", like she does putting people on blast on Twitter, and she was rewarded with a big main event spot and the best matches of her career with Rousey.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,996 Posts
WWE even pointed out themself in one of the "documentary" in WWE network, that Bliss was hurt by Rousey. So it is not like this would be a secret.
If all of the women - incl. Nia - were to afraid to give Ronda back a stiff, like it was usual business in wrestling for years, then they have to sit there and let themself bully by Rousey. In opposite to what Rousey said, she obvisouly gave a fkn damn about any other women wrestler. She never returned a favor, she made them all look bad, she produced one stiff after another.
So calling yourself a teamplayer is in this case just an excuse for not being in position to do something. Hiring Ronda was Stephs promo project, she never had fired or fined here. Bliss was just not able to do anything to Rousey, but Nia was. Talk is cheap. Nia injured like everybody in this division, except Ronda. Make your own conclusions.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,147 Posts
LOL, Nia Jax complaining about sloppy workers injuring people. That's rich, coming from one of the most worthless people on the roster.

Personally, I see her return being short lived anyway. Major knee surgery to both knees and not a signle lb lost. In fact she looks bigger than ever. Those knees are a ticking time bomb till they blow out again, unless she finally decides to take some weight off them.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Two thoughts come to mind:

1. I don't want to hear about Nia complaining about someone injuring someone else when she legit sucker punched Becky Lynch right in the face. Nia has no business complaining about other people being rough in the ring.

2. I like Alexa Bliss personally, but I'm sorry if you are too small to take bumps without getting hurt then maybe you are in the wrong line of work. Historically she avoids bumps like the plague. In matches like the MITB match and the Elimination Chamber match all the women around her are taking big bumps to make the match better while Alexa basically does nothing and then ends up winning. That was basically her entire title run. Everyone else was able to take Ronda's rough style and be just fine.

At the end of the day though, at least it looks like Alexa knew it was best to just suck it up and be a team player like all the other wrestlers that are in the locker room hurting. It seems to be Nia that has no idea how this business seems to work and expects everything to come easy to her. She sounds like a massive complainer when she should be grateful that she even has a job there considering she only got that job by being related to The Rock and being a pretty face that they can push the "body acceptance" movement with.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Ronda gave the women a womans ppv and a wrestlemania ppv. Want to blame someone, blame wwe for not even bothering to train her before putting her in the ring.

Honestly, nia needs not talk about anybody being unsafe given her history. Probs did Alexa more harm than good speaking up as I could def see WWE depushing Alexa if they didnt think she could hang with the bigger wrestlers.

·
IRAN #1
2,369 Posts
I lost a little bit of respect for her after reading this. Complaining to management, what a pussy thing to do...i'd hate to have this woman as a co-worker..

If it was Ronda, of course she didn't have the balls to confront Ronda about it..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts