Wrestling Forum banner

Is he worth it

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

NFL Thread

74674 1991
Preseason starts tonight, so figured it was time for a new thread. Hope the Bears can continue their winning ways from last year. (Y)
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Rollin' under the melody, Rockin' over the beat
1,474 Posts
Packers season:

Matt Lafeur and Aaron Rodgers will continue to fight over whether or not Rodgers gets to call audibles. This will lead to Aaron undermining Lafeur's play calling and forcing nearly every pass to Davante Adams because the other receivers haven't earned his "trust". The defense will show glimpses of promise, but ultimately be a disappointment. Kevin King will miss an extended period of time while injured. Special teams will continue to suck and people will wonder why Mason Crosby still has a job. This will all happen on the road to being 8-8 (best case scenario) and finishing 3rd in the division.

1,474 Posts
LeFleur and Rodgers are not "fighting" over audibles. MLF's offense already has multiple checks built into each play call (think what Madden is). Don't buy into PFT's nonsense (Florio is a BIG vikings fan btw). Rodgers is an alpha, and needs to be challenged. LeFleur knows this, and he also knows that being able to mesh with Rodgers will be the difference between coaching 2 decades in the League or washing out in 3. Rodgers is also self aware enough to realize that he's not 27 and able to play hero ball every play. Give them time to gel.

Also, why is throwing to Adams over and over a bad thing? That's what should be happening.

I agree with you 1000% on Kevin King. I don't care if it was the 27th overall pick. Trading out of drafting TJ Watt and Ryan Ramcyzk (sic?), two all pro players from UW, in order to play smartest guy in the room was an all time bad draft pick. The fact that guys like Nagler, Wilde et al defend Ted in that pick and every offseason since the super bowl win in 2010-11, especially when Watt has more sacks than King has games played, is beyond asinine. But then again, the Packers only grant press credentials to bootlicker journalists. At some point you need to fish or cut bait with this guy. I hope they cut him, and I hope King proves me wrong with a different team (spoiler alert, he won't).

Since that debacle in Seattle in 2015, the only things I've wanted were Ted and Mike to be shown the door. The fact that neither one are decision makers for the Packers already makes this year a win in my opinion. It's going to take some time to flush the turds that Thompson put on this roster. It's also going to take some time to get rid of the entitled country club attitude that McCarthy let pervade the team in the last 4 years.

8-8 with four of those wins coming against the Bears and Vikings is the best case scenario for this team in my opinion. MLF gets one mulligan.
I wasn't being completely serious with my post. I understand they need time to gel. It's just funny how after the Bleacher Report article about the dysfunctional relationship between Rodgers and McCarthy there's apparently already friction between LeFleur and Rodgers. The NFL offseason tends to be mundane and they needed a story so they ran with it.

I don't have a problem getting Davante the ball, but what I do have a problem with is forcing the ball to him when the plays not there (i.e. ignoring other receivers that are open and throwing Adam's way even though he's not open). I'd like the other receiver to step up and for Rodgers to trust them more. This will lead to Davante getting more opportunities because the defense won't be able to just key in on him.

1,474 Posts
Bears getting shit on as they should, but one touchdown goes there way and the narrative turns to "Is Rodgers done?". He was just as bad as Mitch last night.
Rodgers didn't play in the preseason and is in a new offense, of course he wasn't going to play great. If they lost he would've been given a pass for those reasons.

That narrative can return if Rodgers hasn't improved after a month or two of in game action with the new offense.

1,474 Posts
Mitch didn't play in the preseason. He isn't getting a pass for it.
Could you explain your position?

I can't really think of a reason why Trubisky would be afforded the benefit of the doubt. He is an unproven qb entering his third season. What Tramon Williams said is pretty damning and says a lot about how Mitch is viewed as a qb. You don't say that about a good qb that has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Did Rodgers play poorly? Yes. Looking at the circumstances (new offense + sitting out the preseason) I didn't expect him to return to form though. Honestly he would've benefited getting some live game action with the new offense in the preseason. It's something that can't be simulated in practice.

As I've said before, if Rodgers is still playing like this after a month or two we can revisit the "Is Rodgers washed up?" narrative.

Its Aaron Rodgers... He can play in any offense perfect. He sucked just as much as mitch last night.
I never said Rodgers couldn't play in any offense.

1,474 Posts
I know it's early in the season and the wheels could fall off at any moment, but I really love Green Bay's defense. I enjoy seeing the comradery between them, something that seemed to be missing in years past. It's great seeing and reading how Za'Darious Smith has embraced his role as a leader on defense. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a Packers' defense like this one.

1,474 Posts
You're getting the really good version of Preston Smith right now where he's flashing signs of being a high level pass rusher. I hope for your sake he doesn't disappear for several games like he did for us. :p
Don't do this to me, I just got over Nick Perry (who only showed up in a contract year).

Hopefully Preston just needed a change of scenery.

1,474 Posts
Packers offense came alive only for the defense to do a TBT to Dom Capers era playing level. After three weeks in a row you can’t ignore how big of an issue the run d is. Hopefully they can get it corrected other wise it’s going to be a lot of peaks and valleys this season.

Even though I don’t like them, I was a little disappointed when the Lions couldn’t pull off the upset. Mainly because everyone was expecting Mahomes to be unstoppable because he was playing in a dome. Also, lol at neither team being able to hang onto the ball.

Congrats to Matthew Slater getting his 1st career TD today. The guy is such a selfless player so it was nice to see him get his moment today.

Normally I'm indifferent to the Browns, but after all of the hype they've received this offseason they've become really unbearable.

1,474 Posts
plus poor Blake Martinez who's playing through a shoulder injury himself has ZERO help next time at ILB and all your options are hurt or rubbish anyway. madness to think this position wasn't addressed
My only guess is that they are high on Oren Burks' potential and think he's the answer. Maybe Burks' short comings can be covered by the talent they brought in while he develops.

Whether Oren Burks is that help or not remains to be seen, but they'll need to give Blake some help either way.

1,474 Posts
Joke of a win in Miami. I'm happy that Peterson finally got going and Callahan's game plan worked but jesus... 17-16 over MIAMI!? I was hoping the Dolphins made that 2 point conversion and won. :lol

Side note though, Terry McLaurin is a fucking stud.
Washington merely adopted the tank, the Dolphins were born in it.

1,474 Posts
Well so much for Rodgers and LaFleur not being able to get along. Classic Rodgers performance with Adams being out while G-Mo and MVS were limited.

Disappointed with the defense though; too many mistakes and the Smiths not showing up didn't help matters.

Overall this team is heading in the right direction just got to clean some things up.

1,474 Posts
AARON F'N JONES!!!!! :mark::mark::mark: PAY THE MAN!!

That TD pass from Rodgers to Williams. :banderas

Highly entertaining game and a great win tonight. I have no idea how the season ends, but it's been a fun ride so far. The change in culture is undeniable and it's great that the team genuinely enjoys playing together.

1,474 Posts
Absolutely pathetic showing by Green Bay today. No excuses, just got straight up out played and out coached.

MFW the Packers have one more year on his rookie contract :rodgers3

Pretty insane that Mike McCarthy had to be told to use Aaron Jones.
Just shows you how overrated and out of touch McCarthy was. Glad he's no longer around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts