Wrestling Forum banner

Is he worth it

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

NFL Thread

74661 1991
Preseason starts tonight, so figured it was time for a new thread. Hope the Bears can continue their winning ways from last year. (Y)
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Just a quick update on the Giants receiving core after trading OBJ to Cleveland for a bag of chips:

Sterling Shepard - Fractured thumb, likely to miss week 1
Corey Coleman - Torn ACL, out for the season
Golden Tate - 4 game suspension from violating the PED policy

Saquon about to carry that team all the way to 4-12! :lol

(it's okay though cause my Redskins will be right there with them :))

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Lions could have a sneaky good (and deep) d-line this year if everyone can stay healthy.

Trey Flowers (21 sacks in 3 years with the Pats)
Da'Shawn Hand (PFF's 2nd highest ranked defensive rookie last year)
Mike Daniels (freshly signed after the Pack surprisingly cut him)
Damon 'Snacks' Harrison (PFF's #1 ranked interior run stopper)
A'Shawn Robinson (Another VERY highly rated guy by PPF on the defensive interior)
Austin Bryant (4th round pick from that star studded Clemson d-line who had 16.5 sacks in 2 years as a starter)

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Cardinals brought in Michael Crabtree for a workout and offered him a contract but... he turned it down. :lol Apparently it was only for 1 year and $2.5 million with another $2 million in incentives. Can't really see how he's gonna get more than that tbh cause he's washed, but it would've been a cool story to see him reunited with Kliff Kingsbury.

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
A couple good options on the free agent market for Houston that will come very cheap. Alex Collins and Jay Ajayi come to mind. They shouldn't feel the need to panic and trade for anyone.

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Rooting for the Saints to win it all this year. Their last two playoff exits have been completely insane. Think they finally pull it off this year. A Brees vs. Brady Superbowl Showdown sounds like a dream to me.

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
I drafted Antonio Brown in fantasy because it was a great value in like the 4th round (got Michael Thomas and Julio before him). Still not even sure if that was worth it. :lol

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Although it's only a one game sample size (and a terrible game at that), it looks like all the money the Packers spent on their defense in the offseason might pay off. Amos with a pick and the new Smith boys combined for 2.5 sacks.

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Realistic Redskins season predictions:

7-9, with 6-10 or worse being entirely possible

Keenum won't make it more than 5 weeks. He faces Philly, Dallas, and Chicago to start the year with a makeshift o-line missing its best piece (for now) and arguably the worst receiving core in the league. That's BRUTAL. We might start 1-3 and it won't take long for the fanbase to be yelling for Haskins.

This is the last chance for Josh Norman and Jordan Reed. Both of them are paid handsomely and both have either underachieved or not stayed healthy. I could very well see both being cut after the year if they don't produce.

The defensive front will be one of the bright spots. The pass rush looks good.

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
The Patriots wide receiver corps looks like a fucking fantasy team. It's insane.

Antonio Brown
Demaryius Thomas
Josh Gordon
Julian Edelman

When all these dudes are acclimated to the playbook and ready to go, I have NO fucking idea how you can defend that with the best QB of all time at the helm.

· Le Champion
18,993 Posts
Well that first half was a nice pleasant surprise, but then the Redskins I know showed up. :lol

At least Terry McLaurin looked really good. Bout the only bright spot.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts