Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4142 Posts

·
40,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that time Pete Carroll threw the ball on the 1 yard line in that one Super Bowl and somehow the Patriots were seen as this amazing team even though they 99.99% should've lost that game?

:brady2

New thread because it's DRAFT TIME:mark:

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
re: NFL: Summer Camp

Let's not forget that the Seahawks wouldn't have been anywhere near the goal line if Kearse didn't have one of the luckiest catches ever :fuckedup

Anyway, Pats prob going CB in the 1st and DT in the 2nd

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
7,422 Posts

@Mercy @Pratchett

Both of you were right. It has happened :marvin

Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to 1-year contract extension.

Marvin Lewis is getting the Tom Coughlin treatment in Cincinnati and won't enter this season as a lame duck. The Bengals head coach, whose contract was set to expire at the end of the season, now has a deal guaranteed through 2016, the team announced Wednesday. What initially looked like a make-or-break year for Lewis and his 12-season tenure now feels like an advanced warning that his 0-6 playoff record needs to change, but that he'll have some time to change it. This might also be an advanced warning for Andy Dalton, too. There's no doubt that Lewis was a breath of fresh air for the Bengals' franchise upon his hiring in 2003. He broke a string of six consecutive losing seasons and, in his third year, made the playoffs and lost in the opening round. Sadly, that has been the continuing theme for Lewis throughout his tenure with the Bengals. The incremental progress has led to greater expectations. If the coach and quarterback are truly tied at the hip then both Dalton -- whose dead money against the cap reduces significantly after the 2016 season -- and Lewis will need to make a significant leap in 2015. Surprisingly, that did not translate to an overly-aggressive free agency campaign, though Lewis has always been more willing to build through the draft. Starting in a week, he'll need some immediate-impact players if he wants to avoid another lame-duck season.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487401/article/bengals-sign-marvin-lewis-to-1year-contract-extension

:heston :eek:uttahere

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,535 Posts

My first thought honestly was that I needed to make a life sized :mj2 smiley to show how I properly felt about this. My second thought was "Why should I go to the trouble of all that just for this team?" :no:

·
Frost-Byte
8,580 Posts

I think the Rams will play it safe and take a OL. If the Rams trade up though :stephenA3

Cooper or Mariota

Head coach since 03. 0-6 in the postseason. 1 year contract extension.

When will the Lewis era end for you guys?

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts

Yeah, say what you will about the Bears but they didn't fuck around with Trestman and gave him the boot after 2 mediocre years. Seems like Lewis is gonna have to do something scandalous to get fired at this point.

1 - 20 of 4142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.