Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Shame it's not a 1440x900, DAMN my wide monitor.

Great wallpaper that though fella, absolutely brilliant.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
It's awesome, except the people on it, The dueche in the front, and the big yellow "N" logo.

But that's not your fault...

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Well apparently I was spam posting for giving my opinion on the wallpaper :S.

Anyway regardless, you should make more.

I'd say the bottom bit looks a bit bland though, you could add the Nexus motto.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
It looks pretty good, but I'm not a real fan of the whole design. It just doesn't seem anywhere near blended enough when jumping from your stock photo of Nexus to the brushing at the bottom and top. The main PSD is blended a lot better, even if I think the brushing on his left shoulder (right from our view to clear up any confusion) sticks out a bit too much. I'm not too sure about the placement of the logo/text either. It just seems a bit random since there's all that space at the bottom too. I would have thought you could have maybe had the Nexus quote at the bottom to give the wallpaper more of a full feel.

With all of that said, I'm a total nub at GFX and haven't done anything in a long, long time, so you can probably take anything I've said with a grain of salt.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks pretty good, but I'm not a real fan of the whole design. It just doesn't seem anywhere near blended enough when jumping from your stock photo of Nexus to the brushing at the bottom and top. The main PSD is blended a lot better, even if I think the brushing on his left shoulder (right from our view to clear up any confusion) sticks out a bit too much. I'm not too sure about the placement of the logo/text either. It just seems a bit random since there's all that space at the bottom too. I would have thought you could have maybe had the Nexus quote at the bottom to give the wallpaper more of a full feel.

With all of that said, I'm a total nub at GFX and haven't done anything in a long, long time, so you can probably take anything I've said with a grain of salt.
No no I totally understand what you mean

I only design small signatures and banners around 500x200 so to jump even to 800x600 for me is pretty big. I started out just wanting to do a banner and the idea I had was pretty limited however I decided to chuck it onto a wallpaper to see how it looked, the blending and brushwork as I say is pretty bad in comparison to the neater more compact work I've done before however as I only just made it (which these days is a rarity as I'm always occupied) I thought I'd share. This is the 3rd wallpaper (if you can call it that) that I've ever made soo all criticism is welcome assuming it's constructive which yours is so thanks it's greatly appreciated

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I don't know why, but I like them both more than the NeXus one, they just blend into the background a lot more, and them being turned is something I always like for some reason. Although, The swirls of purple in the Morrison one should be a little bit more even, as it basically leans toward the left side, but no biggy. I really like them both, and you should make an Orton one ;]

9.5/10

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts
This is really good, I quite like the background and the picture of Barrett is a good one. Using it right now:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts