Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would people feel if this happened...

CM Punk wins the royal Rumble with help from Nexus

John Cena wins the elimination chamber and the title

this sets up Cena vs Punk at mania

over on smackdown Taker returns and also wins the title at elimination chamber

Leading up to wrestlemania Barrett comes out and challenges Taker stating that it was always his goal to wipe out the most dominating force in wwe history, Taker obviously accepts the challenge of Barrett due to the attacks that Barrett gave him and being buried alive by him.

Going into mania we have Cena vs Punk and Barrett vs Taker for the championships

now at mania we have Cena vs Punk as the first main event with Punk winning the title with help from nexus

Then we have Barrett vs Taker to close the show, During this match Punk will lead out the Nexus to ensure Barrett gets the win, Mania ends with Punk and Barrett in the ring each holding the world titles from their brands.

In the 'bigger picture' though, Nexus as a group would have taken out the two biggest superstars in the wwe today, they would be dominating both brands by holding the world titles from each show and they would have broken the streak and hopefully by this point retired the undertaker...

This would give good explanation as to why Punk was brought in, why Barrett lost and got moved to smackdown, and if they wanted to keep the faction around a long time then they could create a massive storyline by announcing that the gm was also involved in the angle in favour of nexus.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I like... except for Taker losing the streak. This storyline would never happen with Taker as Barrett's opponent. If it were someone else, however, it sounds great.

·
Banned
328 Posts
That actually sounds pretty good. I don't care if Taker loses the streak to Barrett. I could live with it. After WM, they could add new young, disgruntled members such as Dolph Ziggler. He could bitch about how management brought him in as a spirit squad member and almost wasted all of his potential. Heh heh..

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,341 Posts
I like the way the Punk thing shakes out, and overall this storyline makes a lot of sense but I always wanted one last Anti-Hero/Ministry Of Darkness run from the Undertaker and Cena and Undertaker go all out at Wrestlemania and give us a real 20 minute classic.

Other than the streak this makes a lot of sense, booking wise and sounds pretty cool.
If the match was good enough and given enough time I could get over the streak being broken.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
NOBODY is worthy of ending the streak. At this point, IMO, it would be like a bitch-slap to The Undertaker courtesy of creative. It should just never happen.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice idea but that is being overly optimistic. Neither of Punk or Barrett are going to ever defeat Cena or Taker at WrestleMania. Never happening.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Awesome idea would love to see that happen :D ... but idk i dont think wwe would end that streak and i think they did that epic promo for nothing -.-

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
The Nexus storyline will end at or before Wrestlemania. Sounds like a great idea, but it won't happen.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I like it as well, but I cant see Cena not winning the rumble in his home town.
That's why I'm planning on bringing a sign that says "If Cena Wins, We Riot." A re-hash, yes, but still as true as ever.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It would actually be the biggest push in history of the WWE for Barret ending the streak. And if HHH supports Barrett then anything could happen.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
That.... is a terrible idea. Barrett defeating Taker at all, ore even challenging for the WHC is bad enough, but to do it at WM and end the streak? I'm glad you're not on creative. Barrett is in no way deserving to be a World champion, to beat Taker EVER, or to end the streak. Plus it'd make Punk kicking him out and off the cage pointless since if Barrett won at RR and Punk won the RR he could still challenge for the other title.

The Nexus angle should end w/o a Barrett title win, he's not good enough or ready. Though Punk deserves a good run, maybe beating Cena and either have Orton stop him or Morrison after he beats Orton.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Two things wrong here, despite a very interesting concept.

One is that it will break the Undertaker's streak.

The second is that Wrestlemania will close on a heel winning the Championship, which Vince makes sure never happens, with the exception of Wrestlemania 2000.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
This would be the best storyline ever

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Two things wrong here, despite a very interesting concept.

One is that it will break the Undertaker's streak.

The second is that Wrestlemania will close on a heel winning the Championship, which Vince makes sure never happens, with the exception of Wrestlemania 2000.
Happened in 2001 too...

Anyway, I like the thinking. The Undertaker streak thing is where a lot of people might contest your outline for WM though. They'd need to do it perfectly and get maximum heat for Barrett and set him up as a long term TOP heel to justify this. We're talking surpassing HHH from 00-04.

·
Better than you
890 Posts
That.... is a terrible idea. Barrett defeating Taker at all, ore even challenging for the WHC is bad enough, but to do it at WM and end the streak? I'm glad you're not on creative. Barrett is in no way deserving to be a World champion, to beat Taker EVER, or to end the streak. Plus it'd make Punk kicking him out and off the cage pointless since if Barrett won at RR and Punk won the RR he could still challenge for the other title.

The Nexus angle should end w/o a Barrett title win, he's not good enough or ready. Though Punk deserves a good run, maybe beating Cena and either have Orton stop him or Morrison after he beats Orton.
This. Why would Punk ever help the man who was going to deny him leadership to Nexus? It just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Barrett shouldn't be anywhere near gold or a main event. What good would ending Takers streak do for him? The guy has main event filler heel written all over him. No way he becomes a big star or popular.
Also why would Punk be happy Wade took out Taker, and not himself. That's a bigger accomplishment than beating Cena.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts