Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: nodq.com

NXT season 1 rookie and Nexus original, Michael Tarver, returned to the ring at the FCW taping last night, 12/9/10.

In his return match, Tarver entered the ring through the audience then soundly defeated Donny Marlow. He did not cut a promo to offer any insight about his future plans.
I don't know when he will return but it's a good sign that he's been recovered from groin injury. Hopefully WWE won't botch his return on tv like they did to Darren Young. They should at least involve him on Nexus storyline in some capacity, he's a beast on the mic, he will put some life into the storyline if given a more prominent role.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I don't mean this in the wrong way, but I expected Sheffield and went into the thread disappointed, lol. Tarver was always the guy behind Barrett as the primary reason to watch them, so I hope he gets back on tv, although they'll probably Darren Young him judging on how he was booked during his NXT and Nexus run. (and Darren Young can stay the fuck away for that matter).

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
I don't mean this in the wrong way, but I expected Sheffield and went into the thread disappointed, lol. Tarver was always the guy behind Barrett as the primary reason to watch them, so I hope he gets back on tv, although they'll probably Darren Young him judging on how he was booked during his NXT and Nexus run. (and Darren Young can stay the fuck away for that matter).
I thought you'd be ecstatic to be honest, you watch for promo's et al. and Tarver has great mic ability.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah, I never cared much for Tarver. He tried to come off as tough but just turned into a big clown with his over the top outbursts. I would rather Skip or Black John Cena to make a return.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i think pyro means he went into this thread disappointed that Skip was coming back. i'd be disappointed myself.

pleased to see him return, but plans for him are probably null and void.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
THIS WILL BE OUR NEXT SHELTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
He could have a nice feud with Daniel Bryan or something, if he came back into Nexus. If he came back by himself, fuck knows. Could be good, could be buried.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I thought you'd be ecstatic to be honest, you watch for promo's et al. and Tarver has great mic ability.
i think pyro means he went into this thread disappointed that Skip was coming back. i'd be disappointed myself.

pleased to see him return, but plans for him are probably null and void.
Ummm...yeah. I came in disappointed because I expected Sheffield, not Tarver. I was pleasantly surprised. But anyway, I don't think Tarver is THAT good. I mean, yeah, he's pretty good but he's not as good as the guys I typically mark for. Still, I'd be excited if he got back on tv and they can find something for him to do. I know he'll never be world champion, but keep him active.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I highly doubt they'll put him back into the Nexus Angle, though I'd love to see him back with those guys. I like the Strength in Numbers Game.

Maybe as punishment it is made known that he will become the Bodyguard of Cody Rhodes. Rhodes has a problem getting hit in the face? Well what if he had a bodyguard to prevent that.. It would help both Rhodes and Tarver if this happened.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
As much as I love Tarvers work, it seems every member of Nexus except Gabriel and Barret will go A-Ri (yes, I'm using that from now , shut up)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Splintered Nexus ahoy?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I thought this was gonna be about Skip, I'm little disappointed now. :p

I haven't really missed Tarver, but hopefully they give him something to do when he returns.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Skip's ankle suffered a compound fracture; I was fully expecting this to be Tarver, whose injury was significantly less serious.

Right now, Nexus needs Tarver back more than they need Sheffield. They aren't murdering guys in the ring every week like they were when Sheffield was around anyway. Ironically, what they need right now with this "mutiny" storyline ongoing is another strong mic-worker in Tarver.

They directly opened the door for Tarver to have a big beef with Barrett since Barrett told Cena back in October that he had been planning to do away with Tarver in any event.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never knew there are a lot of Skip Sheffield fans over here. If you check his wiki page it says he's expected to return this month, i don't know whether it is valid or not, but it's wikipedia so just take it with a grain of salt.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Sheffield pwned so much!

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
Like most, I was hoping for Skip, but Tarver is great too, I want them both back, take out Mcgillicutty, that way you have 7 guys again, Wade, David, Justin, Heath, Tarver, Sheffield, Husky.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nexus Original? WTF? Michael Tarver just screams jobber, he has no real place in the business except for the indies. I mean like really minor indies like performing for free and the tickets are 5 dollars. I hate Tarver, and I was hoping hat you meant Skip Sheffield when you made this thread. So far this has been a major disappointment

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
You know.....chances are they forgot about that segment.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts