Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which faction do you like better? I say the The Corre but I don't like the spelling

Punk is my favorite wrestler but the rest of the new Nexus I'm not a big fan of especially Otunga. He is good on the mic but he is still very green to be in the ring. I think they need use Harris & McGillicutty as tag team instead of just goons. I don't know alot about Ryan to say anything good or bad on him except he has the WWE ideal look. The Corre took the best 3 wrestlers from The Nexus & then added big Zeke to the mix.

who you got?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Corre FTW

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
The Corre. I hate the name, but:

Wade Barrett + Justin Gabriel = CM Punk
Ezekiel Jackson > David Otunga + Husky Harris.
Heath Slater = Michael McGuillicutty, as they both suck cock on the mic.

Simple math, really.

·
Registered
816 Posts
As much as I love CM Punk I'm going 100% with Corre on this one. Wade Barrett, Slater, Gabriel and Big Zeke are all fresh, exciting and will go far. I've never been a huge fan of Harris, Otunga or McGuilicutty (not saying they don't have potential).

·
Banned
420 Posts
Both, this angle is actually heating up after stalling for so long. I can't wait to see the interaction between the two at the rumble.

·
#Born2Rap
5,831 Posts
As much as I love CM Punk I'm going 100% with Corre on this one. Wade Barrett, Slater, Gabriel and Big Zeke are all fresh, exciting and will go far. I've never been a huge fan of Harris, Otunga or McGuilicutty (not saying they don't have potential).
Took the words right out of my mouth.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I agree completely. The Corre is completely fresh and Barrett has almost more freedom now than he did as the Nexus leader. With Barrett making specific reference to each of the members of The Corre being their "own individual" I see the group really making a statement on Smackdown in actual matches and individual story lines, not just by running in and beating down top baby faces.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
as much as i like punk i pick corre for a simple reason

1.- barret, gabriel, jackson... hell even slater can get over on their own wrestling-wise

2.- punk was put with nexus in order to help them get over, because let's be honest, harris, mcwhateverhisnameis and otunga has been atrocious both in-ring and on mic, they need all the help they can to get over as heels, i sadly see them following the same SES path ending in their releases

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
After watching Smackdown this week, neither. CM Punk is the only thing enjoyable about Nexus, and he had the best guys taken away from him, as they were moved to Smackdown with Barrett.

On paper 'The Core' looks like a really solid stable, but then they put the emphasis on the fact Barrett was "selfish" whilst leading Nexus. He talked about how the new group was about all of them, rather than just one of them. Then I had to listen to Gabriel, Zeke and Heath Slater (doing a terrible 90's Jericho impression)sounding really uncomfortable on the mic. It just killed it for me. It took away from Barrett's main attriutes, the fact he is a natural leader, the others making the group look stupid whilst on the mic took away from his presence and the fact he is a great talker.

I'm all for the others, mainly Gabriel getting more ring-time. Just let Barrett talk for the group, and be the leader. He still has the natural tendencies to be a leader, which I saw at times on Smackdown, because he was still giving directions in the beatdowns of Big Show and Edge. Just let Barrett do what he does best, because he's the only one who looks comfortable in the prominent role.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Core ...oops sorry The "Corre". I like CM Punk but I'm not a big fan of Otunga, Harris,and McGillicutty. Also, there new t-shirts are terrible, but that's not really that relevant.
The Corre has Barrett, who's great in the ring and on the mic, Gabriel who is a great high-flyer (and a sober one) Ezekiel Jackson, who picked up the Big Show, and Slater, who's OK. I just wish they spelled it with one r, but apparently that was copyrighted.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The fact that they spell the core with two rs annoys me to no end. I like the original nexus better than this new low rent wolfpack wannabe set.

·
The Man
25,726 Posts
Im still for Nexus. One thing they do have is a way better theme. The Corre's theme is awful and does anyone know why they spelled it Corre. Someone said Barrett and Gabriel= Punk. yeah but that doesnt make Corre better. They both have monsters now. With Punk as the focal point he is amazing on the mic and just as good in the ring. While Wade is awesome on the mic but not so in the ring. Nexus needs a workhouse like Gabriel was. Maybe Michael i know he sucks on the mic but he is good in the ring and has a great look. ummm so Nexus cuz of theme, Punk and fued

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Im still for Nexus. One thing they do have is a way better theme. The Corre's theme is awful and does anyone know why they spelled it Corre. Someone said Barrett and Gabriel= Punk. yeah but that doesnt make Corre better. They both have monsters now. With Punk as the focal point he is amazing on the mic and just as good in the ring. While Wade is awesome on the mic but not so in the ring. Nexus needs a workhouse like Gabriel was. Maybe Michael i know he sucks on the mic but he is good in the ring and has a great look. ummm so Nexus cuz of theme, Punk and fued
Punk as the focal point is what ruins Nexus, because look how well SES worked out. He'll hog the limelight and he'll call all the shots and they'll just be lackeys and they won't develop and probably end up getting released (apart from Otunga because he's like a cockroach).

Corre is a place where everyone will display their abilities and will be able to stand on their own two feet. Of course Wade will be a bit more dominant due to being pretty much guaranteed to be WWE champion in the near future, but the rest can do their own thing heck Slater and Gabriel can get the title backs and Big Zeke could eve try get the title. They are all believable contenders for titles where as only one in Nexus is and he's already been it three times and where would the hype be in him getting it again?

P.S - I hope they ain't screwing up Mason's future by sticking him with punk.

·
-
7,495 Posts
Corre by far.

This is how I see it

Corre= Guys who have good future in the WWE
Nexus=Talentless bums who had no future at all(apart from Punk of course)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts