Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gotten so pointless...

They've pretty much made this group a bunch of disposable wrestlers that either Barrett or Punk have used to get over as "leaders". What do the rest of them do? All they do is stand in the background quietly while Barrett talked about the bigger picture, or whatever the fuck Punk is talking about.

Just watching the debut of Mason Ryan, and seeing ezekial join Wades group. Do they honestly need more members, they can't even use the one's they have right now, the only ones that ever did anything were Barrett and Otunga, and not even that much with Otunga. Was Ryan supposed to be important? Or noticeable to nexus?

We all know what's going to happen to punk's group, I mean shouldn't punk be the last person to ever want to work with a group right now? He literally had the honor of being in one of the worst stables in the history of the WWE last year.

Just they've made such a big mess out of this whole thing, what do you guys think? Is there anything salvageable at this point? I'm pretty sure the only thing to look forward to at this point is the rumble, but all that is is to once again get over punk and barrett, which I like punk and barrett but this is slowly going to start ruining them, hopefully this group dies after wrestlemania, or at least keeps the same members for once...sorry for the long read, just raw is a complete mess right now.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Everything would be much better if Otunga led the group.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything would be much better if Otunga led the group.
I know you're trolling ahah but honestly at this point it would be better, at least he's a member of the original nexus, at least he has a point to take charge and get something out of it, instead we gotta watch punk waste more of his own time and digging himself into an even bigger hole then he did with the ses...

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
If there really is a bigger picture and both factions from Raw and Smackdown come together then there is still hope for Nexus, at least for me.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
what is wrong with Nexus is that whether it was Nexus or New Nexus it sseems to just be bout the one guy. If they gave nexus the tag titles and actually let them defend it week after week and have someone fued for a midcard title it woul dhave been great bu tthey just make Nexus look like maineventer and jobbers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They missed their opportunity the capitalize on this months ago. This should of been a mega-storyline with tons of new wrestlers and the scale of DC comics crossover. Something they haven't done since the Attitude era.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
The original Nexus stable died on January 3rd, 2011 - the moment CM Punk turned on Wade Barrett and kicked him out of the group. Now there are 2 seperate brand-specific splinter groups attempting to dominate the show their on.

Wade Barrett's stable, The Corre, can stay. You've got a future World Heavyweight Champion, a former ECW Champion, and a pair of former WWE Tag Team Champions attempting to dominate Friday Night SmackDown. If used properly, this could be a success.

CM Punk's stable, New Nexus, needs to go. It's nothing more than a half-ass rehash of the failed Straight Edge Society. Creative just repackaged the same pile of shit and put it in a different wrapper.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nexus and Corre members needs Punk and Barrett. Both are good at presenting themselves to the crowd. The other members are bland without a great mouthpiece and they might go no where. They are getting experiences and exposure by having great a mouthpiece.

Having wrestling skills alone won't get you anywhere if you can't get crowd reactions.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nexus is supposed to look weak so Punk, an experienced wrestler, can make them over. Barrett doesn't even need to put his guys over, they already got credibility.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I feel bad for Mason Ryan.

He will fall. And its gonna hurt.
That's actually why I don't feel bad for him. Dude never deserved a call-up in the first place. Now he's gonna get exposed big time.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I am a mark for both the nexus of new and the "corre" but I like the addition of ryan to nexus. Maybe it will add to it and make them look stronger then in the past. Both look pretty strong with ryan and ezekiel jackson.

I have a feeling cm punk's will end before barrett simply because I think creative can do a little more with punk on his own.

Barrett since coming to raw and smackdown has never been alone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my opinion Punk > Barrett, but Barrett's Nexus > Punk's Nexus. CM Punk is an established main event heel, he can hold his own, and his Nexus makes him look weak (in my opinion). Barrett on the other hand has been in the main event scene of WWE for less than a year has a long way to go. He is good on the mic and is a great heel, but I feel he needs more time to really solidify himself. Barrett needs the power faction, where as Punk can be on his own.

If I was a WWE writer, here is what I would have done: Barrett, after having been "buried"(with chairs) by Cena moves on to other endeavors. Namely the new WWE Champ, The Miz. In the eyes of the WWE Universe, The Miz is a weak champion. Instead of challenging The Miz to the title, Barrett realizes other opportunities. The Nexus approaches The Miz with a deal. He will remain the WWE Champ as long as he allows them to run Raw how they see fit. He will stay out of their business and they will stay out of his. Not only that, but they will take care of his enemies... for a price. The Nexus, led by Wade Barrett become the Mafia of Raw more or less. The MIz pays the Nexus for protection, which leads to a Barrett vs Orton Feud. The Miz will remain the cocky "untouchable" champ that he is. Barrett does all the dirty work for him. A-Ry can be his accountant or something. Accountant Riley.

While all this is going on, here we have Cena being called out by CM Punk. Punk calls him out for everything he has already called him out for. A stable is completely unnecessary. In fact, I feel that Punk is now just a psychotic leader of the new Nexus cult. Why he even called out Cena may just be forgotten. Punk could have called out Cena for the same reasons without a stable. Nexus is doing nothing but watering down his reasoning for it. The only way I could see this all being redeemed is if Barrett and Punk end up uniting to take over the whole WWE and the brand extension ending. What are the chances of that though... "No chance... thats what ya got..." Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nexus can stay as the name of Barrets group
New Nexus has to go tho...

In my opinion Punk > Barrett, but Barrett's Nexus > Punk's Nexus. CM Punk is an established main event heel, he can hold his own, and his Nexus makes him look weak (in my opinion). Barrett on the other hand has been in the main event scene of WWE for less than a year has a long way to go. He is good on the mic and is a great heel, but I feel he needs more time to really solidify himself. Barrett needs the power faction, where as Punk can be on his own.

If I was a WWE writer, here is what I would have done: Barrett, after having been "buried"(with chairs) by Cena moves on to other endeavors. Namely the new WWE Champ, The Miz. In the eyes of the WWE Universe, The Miz is a weak champion. Instead of challenging The Miz to the title, Barrett realizes other opportunities. The Nexus approaches The Miz with a deal. He will remain the WWE Champ as long as he allows them to run Raw how they see fit. He will stay out of their business and they will stay out of his. Not only that, but they will take care of his enemies... for a price. The Nexus, led by Wade Barrett become the Mafia of Raw more or less. The MIz pays the Nexus for protection, which leads to a Barrett vs Orton Feud. The Miz will remain the cocky "untouchable" champ that he is. Barrett does all the dirty work for him. A-Ry can be his accountant or something. Accountant Riley.

While all this is going on, here we have Cena being called out by CM Punk. Punk calls him out for everything he has already called him out for. A stable is completely unnecessary. In fact, I feel that Punk is now just a psychotic leader of the new Nexus cult. Why he even called out Cena may just be forgotten. Punk could have called out Cena for the same reasons without a stable. Nexus is doing nothing but watering down his reasoning for it. The only way I could see this all being redeemed is if Barrett and Punk end up uniting to take over the whole WWE and the brand extension ending. What are the chances of that though... "No chance... thats what ya got..." Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I wish creative would realize that CM Punk's "cult leader" gimmick has ended up hurting him more than it's helped him. The Straight Edge Society was a failure, and Punk gained absolutely nothing from being it's leader other than getting his head shaved by a midget in a mask and jobbing to The Big Show.

8 months on SmackDown - wasted. No major victories. No tag team title reigns. No world title reigns. Nothing.

I had hoped CM Punk getting drafted to Raw would be a breath of fresh air, but what happens as soon as his injury is healed? He's back to playing a messiah and preaching to sheep in a cult-like stable. Take the straight-edge part out of the SES and you've got New Nexus. And just like it's predecessor, it's going to fail, but only twice as fast.

Let CM Punk be CM Punk. And have him do it by himself. Enough with this Jesus bullshit already.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, thanks for replying to my thread everyone, this was my first and I'm glad I got a response. I mean I really liked the idea of Nexus, but I think they made so many big mistakes they've just come irrelevant, which is a shame because not a whole lot else is going on for raw right now.

I think even from the beginning they made some mistakes, I'm sure you all know that most of the actual nexus members can't act as heels at all, and luckily they have had Wade Barrett be there spokesperson cause no one else from the start could have had the look or the mic work to lead.

And that became there biggest problem, they relied heavily on Barrett to much, which is fine problem is it's a stable, a stable that is filled with inactive members. And what members they do have are all pretty much gone...

Personally I thought Nexus should have had a group of 7 or 8, but they all shouldn't have come from season one of nxt, mainly because a lot of them weren't ready...ones that come to mind are people like Slater, Young, and Otunga. And season two mcguilicutty is pretty much useless, so is percy, riley(he can't play that kind of heel), lucky cannon, Titus O Neil, and probably eli, although he could be maybe used correctly in the right hands.

The only one's I thought had potential were Husky and Kaval, Husky is alright I don't understand most of the hate on him, yeah he's a fat ass but he's a pretty convincing heel. Kaval would be able to play heel, only if he stayed quiet and acted very intense which he could.

So you would have Wade, Daniel Bryan, Gabriel(another quiet one, would also need a new look), Kaval, Husky Harris, Tarver, Sheffield, and maybe Eli...

They shouldn't have been switching in and out, and a lot of the weaknesses come from the fact that the other members really get no time to themselves to shine, like before, where are the midcard feuds, where are the tag title feuds, where are the world title feuds? where is the threat, they so lost it the moment summer slam happened...there was no sense of drama, no veterans second guessing themselves if they lost...

Instead we got Daniel Bryan having the U.S. title but has no one really to defend against. You've got Kozlov and Santino literally having tag title matches against the Usos who don't even get an entrance, or maybe even now, do you think barretts group is going to have someone challenge kofi for the IC title...I doubt it, and besides personally there are enough heels on smackdown that could hold there own, Swagger, Del Rio, Rhodes, Mcintyre(hate to say it but he is a heel after all, and even though I'm not a fan theres Tyler Reks who will all fade into obscurity if Barretts group is successful, it's such a big roster and they keep adding more and more for no real reason.

Just I have almost no confidence, mainly in creative, they over complicate things and have way to many characters to deal with, which is what I think is going to be the overall downfall of the nexus we have now, it kinda reminds me of when NWO getting stale, where pretty much everyone is in it and no one cares while the top parts take the spotlight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts