Wrestling Forum banner

Nexus - Most Pathetic Stable Ever?

4370 55
I have to say Nexus keeps serving up one big helping of weakness and disappointment week after week. Go back to June 2010. Their first invasion was a massive display of power and dominance. They were going to take over RAW.

Now we are down to just a few guys, and a retarded looking Mason Ryan as the muscle. And if you go by the Jericho storyline, Husky Harris is out of the group now thanks to Orton. The group had practically zero impact on the show last night. I wanted to see Punk unleash fury on Orton, and instead he runs and hides under the ring!

So will Nexus just disenegrate and be forgotten? It is just wrong to drag fans along with a storyline dating back 7 months with no payoff.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
13,078 Posts
The only stable that actually deserves to be mentioned out of those mentioned already is the bWo. Stables have to end eventually and WWE is never good at booking the end of a stable. The Spirit Squad provided solid entertainment, but could never really be too much. Legacy was damn good until WWE took a shit all over it with Randy Orton's abomination of a face turn. JBL's cabinet made complete sense, but again, it was never going to go anywhere.

The bWo? That's some truly pathetic shit. Never was good, never could be good, had no redeeming qualities, I could go on and on.

Nexus the most pathetic stable ever? No, because again, bWo has been listed. But also, Nexus was (and I'm using past-tense on purpose) a very good stable, and in fact, they were the best stable in years and arguably one of the best of all time. New Nexus? Yeah, they're a pile of shit. Four un-saveable guys with pretty much no hope (except for maybe McGillicutty if they completely repackage him) led by CM Punk in what seems to be a completely unclear mission now that they've already been thrown to the wayside? Yeah, it seems rather pointless.

But to associate them with what the original Nexus did is insulting. This new group isn't worthy of being called Nexus.

·
Banned
4,461 Posts
Nah...you forgot about X-Factor in 2001. The most horrible sight in WWF history except to maybe the Oddities in 1998. Just fucking terrible.

·
Banned
10,616 Posts
The only stable that actually deserves to be mentioned out of those mentioned already is the bWo. Stables have to end eventually and WWE is never good at booking the end of a stable. The Spirit Squad provided solid entertainment, but could never really be too much. Legacy was damn good until WWE took a shit all over it with Randy Orton's abomination of a face turn. JBL's cabinet made complete sense, but again, it was never going to go anywhere.

The bWo? That's some truly pathetic shit. Never was good, never could be good, had no redeeming qualities, I could go on and on.

Nexus the most pathetic stable ever? No, because again, bWo has been listed. But also, Nexus was (and I'm using past-tense on purpose) a very good stable, and in fact, they were the best stable in years and arguably one of the best of all time. New Nexus? Yeah, they're a pile of shit. Four un-saveable guys with pretty much no hope (except for maybe McGillicutty if they completely repackage him) led by CM Punk in what seems to be a completely unclear mission now that they've already been thrown to the wayside? Yeah, it seems rather pointless.

But to associate them with what the original Nexus did is insulting. This new group isn't worthy of being called Nexus.
Legacy was always a terrible stable.

Also McGillicutty isn't going to go too far. Mason Ryan will be the main one to get a major push after the Nexus storyline.

Nah...you forgot about X-Factor in 2001. The most horrible sight in WWF history except to maybe the Oddities in 1998. Just fucking terrible.
Yeah X-Factor was terrible. A stable with X-Pac and Justin Credible automatically disqualifies any credibility. Albert couldn't even save them.

·
Registered
19,085 Posts
Nexus isn't bad because of the group, they just don't have anyone to really feud with. Makes it worse that they lose to a move that wouldn't even make you flinch in real life.

Though their strategy at the rumble was actually one of the greatest strategies and one of the most dominating performances I ever saw in a rumble(with exception of Kanes obvious 11 eliminations)

·
Registered
865 Posts
What about these guys??

at least this puts a smile on my face because the were part of the corporation and the general AE.

Dammmmmmmm I would bang serena I keep forgetting she exists!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Unleash fury on Orton? Yeah the WWE would let that fly after CM Punk cost Orton his match against Miz at the Royal Rumble. Sometimes you guys need to start thinking as WWE writers rather than fans lol. It was only right for Orton to seek revenge and CM Punk being a heel that he is run away from Orton. It has been done countless of times over the years. Heel costs face a match. Face comes back angry. Heel looks scared. Face beats up on heel.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Maybe this is the end. Perhaps next week Orton will punt another member, and this is just WWE's way of getting rid of them.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.