Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They seemed really dominant when they first showed up on RAW and took out Cena. Barrett now seems the only strong one amongst the group, if you took him out, you would have a very midcard team. Plus it looks like Otunga might be coming out of Nexus too.

Anyone agree?

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I disagree, Barrett is the No.1 contender for the WWE Championship, they're holding the Tag Team Championships, they have John Cena amongst them, and have recently added Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty to there ranks.

Otunga's there too...

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Not weaker, just less aggressive. There's no fear they'll run in and ruin every good match and jump everbody at random like they used to. I'm glad they stopped that garbage too.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I will say the individuals of the Nexus are incredibly dull, save Barrett and maybe Otunga (which is one of his saving graces). At the end of NXT, WWE had all these guys with different personalities, and what do they do once they become a unit? Strip 'em of that quality. They are essentially a Legacy V2, with Barrett in Randy's position, and Gabriel/Slater serving as the Rhodes/DiBiase of the group.

They're not too weak, though. However, as you said, if you removed the head of the dragon (Wade Barrett), the whole monster will go down. We've had too many "Dragon" stables, if you will, with the all powerful leader and weak lackeys. We need more "Hydra" stables, in that if you cut off one head, another will grow back, keeping the group strong.

·
Banned
542 Posts
How when they are getting there strength back in numbers again ?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
They're not weaker, but the plot has changed. It's gone from a group of guys who unified together to destroy the WWE because they were mistreated, to just Wade Barrett and some associates trying to capture the WWE Championship.

The fact that John Cena is in the group though means that they automatically mean more than they ever have up to this point. If Barrett wins the WWE Championship during his command over Nexus, that will drive the point home even further.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
The entire Nexus storyline is still very entertaining to me. I love heel factions like that, and Barrett is so awesome he'll definately be winning the WWE Championship at SS (for a really new Superstar like him). Also putting Cena in Nexus is entertaining as hell, I love the entire concept of a big Face in a heel faction.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Just because the Nexus aren't destroying the ring and beating down Cena every week doesn't make the group weak. If anything you could argue that the group is stronger, they hold the tag team belts and Barrett could be WWE champion at Survivor Series. My worry for Nexus is that WWE creative begin to overbook the group, i mean they're feuding with Cena, Orton and most likely Undertaker when he returns, i hope WWE doesn't blow their load with Nexus too quickly.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
They aren't weaker, they just are more predictable now. The only surprise they have thrown on me in the last couple months was attacking Taker. That was really more of a WTF moment than a surprise.

Basically they have become part of the WWE instead of the rebel group like they were before they "signed WWE contracts".

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
In physicality/size department they might look weaker by they lost two of the biggest guys in the group
But techincally I guess the Nexus name is over enough where it might not matter who's in the group as long as it's Barrett and Cena right now the way the story has progressed

But the bottom line about Nexus or any group is there's strength in numbers
So as long as they have a good amount of guys they'll be ok

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They are still technically the Nexus 7 since you got the original 4 + 3 new members, but they dont look like they used to because Nexus focuses on Cena and Cena acts half the time like he's not in Nexus.

If Cena was wearing a nexus shirt and never came out to his theme song, Nexus would still have the same feeling it did before.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I hope that once Barrett get's the title it changes from just about the title to taking over the WWE

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nah they don't look weaker, they just added Harris and McGillicutty to the team so they will even look more dominant than ever, and the beatdown will look more vicious. I do think this group need more balance of focus between the members, all the time the focus is only on Cena and Barrett, especially Cena, he needs to interact with other members more because it seems Gabriel, Slater, and possibly the other two guy are only used as background wallpaper of the team and that's not good for them in the long run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts