Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does it kinda bother you that Nexus only consists of 5 people now? IMO they just don't look as menacing as they used to when there were 8/7 members, they have lost their swagger now and i don't like it. It made me realize that wwe made mistake by excluding Darren Young from the group because now he completely disappears, thus his return as a face was kinda pointless and rushed, he should have stayed in Nexus. And it's a shame that Skip is injured and probably won't be part of Nexus for a long time. Daniel Bryan also would have made a badass ass kicking heel in Nexus if he had not "felt remorse", that would have been more entertaining than his run as a face IMO. This is why John Cena really needs to lose at HiAC in order to get their menacing presence back (and i don't want Nexus to disband yet), or maybe they should start recruiting some new members even though i'd prefer if Nexus reverts back to its original formation (which is sadly not gonna happen).

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
I don't like the 5 member thing either. There's nothing that could be done about Skip Sheffield's injury, that's very unfortunate. I'm not sad about Darren Young disappearing because Darren Young sucks, but the group could've used him. Not sure why they kicked him out. Being bad isn't enough reason with David Fuckhead still around, unless Young's expulsion is some elaborate plot hole that ties into Cena losing and joining Nexus on Sunday (since a "Nexus" member can't interfere and Young isn't technically Nexus right now, and they'll find some way to explain how Young is back in league with them on Monday).

I thought Bryan should have turned on Team WWE at SummerSlam. He's a good US champion and all, but it would've been much more productive for Nexus to get him back, if they could explain it. I'm sure they could think of something to get him back. I always wanted him back in Nexus, he was the best member of the group behind Wade Barrett.

Maybe they'll get season 2 guys or something if it continues. 5 guys isn't working well.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i have to agree. with eight guys, a take-over on a Raw roster is believable. and 7 was still pretty solid, and even six was slightly believable just because they still had their muscle. but five is just a little eh in my opinion. especially when one of them looks like Wendy :lmao

however, who knows what will happen in the near future, and if Cena joins, well, then it really doesn't matter how many they had before that.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
A 5 man stable doesn't work well when 3 of them (Tarver, Slater, Otunga) are made look like total jobbers . No one in Nexus matters right now except Barrett and Gabriel. A brand new Nexus with Barrett, Gabriel, Tarver, Slater, Otunga, Young,Husky Harris and McG doesn't sound too exciting to me.

I think I'd rather see Barrett and Gabriel go solo and on to bigger and better things rather than carrying a band of NXT jobbers.

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
Its ok OP, becuase their going to merge with Genesis, or what ever the fuck the season 2 rookies are called. Barret will probs loose at HIAC and Nexus will just form another stable with Genesis and say, "well we broke up but now we're another stable, so theres nothing you can do about it."

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
idk, i thought the way slater otunga tarver and gabriel got on the turnbuckles, with wade barrett doing his taunt in the center of the ring, looked pretty badass to me. but yeah i can't really buy them as a threat anymore.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I also much preferred them as a larger unit. Young's removal makes little sense if nothing further is going to be done with him. I was also sad to see Bryan go; he's doing greatly now, but his role in the first Nexus attack on RAW with the interaction with Cena had made me excited about the possibilities he could have as a heel playing up his indy credentials.

The new Nexus t-shirt has recently been released featuring the current 5 members on the front; I don't know much of an indication that is that the group will continue in its present form (even though that shouldn't be possible due to the HIAC stipulation).

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Bring in Husky Harris and Tyler Black and they'll be fine. As long as they don't get squashed by Cena. Or, hell, just bring in Cena even if he's resistant, it'll be awesome.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Getting the group back up to 7 members would be ideal. I actually liked it when they called them the Nexus 7...sounded better. Hopefully Nexus will still be around when Sheffield is healthy again...he was about to be getting a big push.

·
Registered
544 Posts
it only takes 2 guys in thoery to beat one guy up so 7 or 8 beating on just one looks ridiculus as does 5 even. So no more thanks

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Hopefully NXT 2 come out during HIAC, just a few, then have Cena join.

And yeah, on Smackdown, when the four of them only came out, it looked really bad.
They used to have 2 on each side of the ring. They only had one on each side and looked very weak.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
It's a shame about Skip Sheffield. He was the most impressive in the group next to Barrett and Gabriel.

Darren Young, I didn't mind that much. He's better than Otunga.

Yes seven members looked better than five, but they don't just have to be feared by how many they are. If they are built up to actually be a dominant force and not get thrown around by one guy, then the fact there is less of them now won't matter.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Yeah, where is Husky Harris and McGillinobody? Or for that matter, anyone that isn't Kaval or Riley? I guess Riley is getting punished for his terrible botch and now just follows The Miz around..

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What was Riley's botch? I guessed I missed it.
Oh man you gotta love it.

Just ignore that annoying laugh in the video, somehow the creator of that video thinks it's funny by adding it.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
You know what this means.

It's time to bring, at this moment, from now, in this second at this very moment, the Genesis of Mcgilliliiliilillicutty.

BEHOLD THEIR BATTLE CRY!

*does the Xena cry* ALALALALAALALALAALALALALALAAA!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts