Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were the lamest crap Ive ever seen.I mean they kick and punch the Hart Dynasty(complete with Barrett slipping and falling on his butt-lol)and that elimnates them from the match?The Uso's did way worse to them when they debuted and The Harts were back on Raw the next week.Big,bad Mark Henry gets thrown into the steps(a move Im sure hes had done to him a thousand times) and it elimnates him??Really?How much you wanna bet we seem him on Raw next week like nothing happened?Khali gets a chop block and thats it for him??C'mon.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
But if they had taken the time to make it believable, then most people probably would have been complaining about it being boring and Nexus were wasting time.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
If they spent the proper ammount of time necessary to properly take the Hart Dynasty, Mark Henry and Khali totally out of contention, it'd be very long segments.

The show prefers the "they all gang up and punch and kick them repeatedly" method of destroying people. It needs a little bit of suspension of disbelief.

·
Registered
837 Posts
1 minute, 32 seconds. Any less and they're improper beatdowns and they're lame. Any more and Nexus is ruining Raw by taking up too much time. So remember, 1 minute, 32 seconds.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just thought it was lame how Tyson Kidd and D.H. Smith looked like they just
had sore muscles after the attack. Way to undersell a supposedly crippling beat down.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,028 Posts
It just acting guys, it's not supposed be taken seriously. These things have happened before, I assure you. All those segments on Raw were doing is trying to hype Nexus for Summerslam and make it look as if Nexus were being really crafty and smart by taking out guys they believed could be in the 7 on 7 match and who they thought were threats, which logically it made sense going after those guys

·
Banned
41 Posts
But if they had taken the time to make it believable, then most people probably would have been complaining about it being boring and Nexus were wasting time.
Nexus is always wasting time so what would be the difference? I'm wade barret. Fear me and my group of circus freaks as we fight you 7 on 1. Don't bring a fair amount of people though or we'll head for the showers. You're either joining our sausage fest or uhh.. I mean you're either nexus *5 minute pause* or against us.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nexus is always wasting time so what would be the difference? I'm wade barret. Fear me and my group of circus freaks as we fight you 7 on 1. Don't bring a fair amount of people though or we'll head for the showers. You're either joining our sausage fest or uhh.. I mean you're either nexus *5 minute pause* or against us.
So, what you're saying is that you want a Diva in the Nexus? Come on, wrestling is one big sausage fest with men in their underwear for Christ's sake.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Exactly. Creative kind of took the hint from the fans that the 5-10 minute beatdowns were getting old. So they've shortened it to quick 30 second attacks. Kayfabe-wise, we're supposed to believe that The Hart Dynasty were being beaten-up long before Natalya ran out to the stage.

·
Registered
58 Posts
were the lamest crap Ive ever seen.I mean they kick and punch the Hart Dynasty(complete with Barrett slipping and falling on his butt-lol)and that elimnates them from the match?The Uso's did way worse to them when they debuted and The Harts were back on Raw the next week.Big,bad Mark Henry gets thrown into the steps(a move Im sure hes had done to him a thousand times) and it elimnates him??Really?How much you wanna bet we seem him on Raw next week like nothing happened?Khali gets a chop block and thats it for him??C'mon.
that is the IWC, always something to complain about.
it makes me sick to think about how borring WWE has been the last couple of years, and when something new and exciting happens, people complain like little girls.
but this takes the top of the cake, this guy is actualy complaining about wrestling being to unrealistic :no:

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
The sooner this Nexus thing is over, the better.

It got boring about 3 weeks ago, EVERY episode of Raw feels exactly the same as the previous.

Best angle in years? Your having a laugh.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
Stuff that happens outside the ring is almost always 10x more painful than stuff that happens in the ring. The camera cut to Hart Dynasty while they were getting beat up. We don't know how long it was happening for. Anyhow, they were getting their heads kicked and punched in and if it was real they'd definitely have been taken out. Henry got lobbed head first into the ring steps so it was definitely understandable why he'd be out for SummerSlam. Concussions vary from people to people.

The sooner this Nexus thing is over, the better.
:lmao

I knew it was only a matter of time before people started posting stuff like this.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
I agree if they spent any longer people would be complaining about that as well. The only Nexus beat down that seriously looked like it would take out someone was the first one, but they got into shit for that so no more prolonged detailed beats down. We have to settle with the traditional backstage jump or being thrown into the metal stairs.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
To be honest, being vaulted head-first into steel by the strength of 7 guys could cause a concussion. Which would put someone out of action for quite a while.

So Mark Henry is explainable. Hart Dynasty...who knows how long they were being attacked for, or what was done, before it showed it on the screen, so that's sort of explainable.

Khali though...a chop block and some kicking wouldn't keep that massive S.O.B out of it for a week. So that one makes the least sense.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
Khali though...a chop block and some kicking wouldn't keep that massive S.O.B out of it for a week. So that one makes the least sense.
Maybe not. He's a big guy and obviously has trouble walking so a chop block could mess his knees up bad. That seems to be how they're selling it anyhow.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Somewhere, in a parallel universe - the WF members are bitching in this thread's counterpart about how boring it was to watch Nexus beat up so many people for so long on Monday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts