- Rowan, 33 :punkout
- Gabriel, 33 :punkout

These need to retire:

- Kane, 47 :punkout
- Henry, 43 :punkout
- Show, 42 :punkout
- Christian, 41 :punkout
- Rey, 40 :punkout

I think this year will also be the last of Brock, Rock, Taker and Jericho.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Keep Rowan too. Could be a solid mid-card champion.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Goldust can still go, so he needs to stay.
So you'd rather a 45 year old washed up has-been take the spot of a promising young NXT talent with a future. Because he can still go for a near 50 year old.
Nothing wrong with seeing exciting, fresh matchups such as Gold & Stardust vs The Usos or Gold & Stardust vs Miz & Mizdow or Gold & Stardust vs Los Matadors.

They havin' fun maggle.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
So you'd rather a 45 year old washed up has-been the the spot of a promising young NXT talent with a future. Because he can still go for a near 50 year old.
Nothing wrong with seeing exciting, fresh matchups such as Gold & Stardust vs The Usos or Gold & Stardust vs Miz & Mizdow or Gold & Stardust vs Los Matadors.

They havin' fun maggle.
These NXT guys will get better going in the ring with experienced guys that can still go like a Goldust. You need a blend of youth and experience to have the strongest possible roster.

Reactions: Tavernicus

·
Registered
558 Posts
So you'd rather a 45 year old washed up has-been the the spot of a promising young NXT talent with a future. Because he can still go for a near 50 year old.

They havin' fun maggle.
Goldust wouldn't have to be with Cody. He's in amazing shape for his age. He can still go and he's not some "jobber4lyfe". And why isn't he in your list to retire? He doesn't get the credit he deserves

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would be ironic if the OP got fired from his job.

I hate these type of threads.

Disregards the tastes of others and disrespects the hard work of the wrestlers in question.
I agree, they should all stay hired until the end of their lives because they work hard. Because other more talented people don't work hard.
Because this isn't an entertainment business.

Tell me wise one, how does Rey Mysterio work hard? He hasn't worked since April 7th, 2014. Despite having a base salary of millions.
He even went on a podcast (MLW w/Konnan) and boasted about how he gets paid so much money to stay at home.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I agree, they should all stay hired until the end of their lives because they work hard. Because other more talented people don't work hard.
Because this isn't an entertainment business.

Tell me wise one, how does Rey Mysterio work hard? He hasn't worked since April 7th, 2014. Despite having a base salary of millions.
He even went on a podcast (MLW w/Konnan) and boasted about how he gets paid so much money to stay at home.
Spare me your thinly veiled excuse to be a hater.

·
Registered
13,746 Posts
They need to get rid of mysterio if he doesn't want to work there and the likes otunga.

But if you get rid of every lower midcard or guy like rose you need to replace those guys with lowermidcarders either by moving the likes of ziggler down or bringing zayn in to fill those roles...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
WWE also need jobbers and low carders. They have a lot of live events and shows.

Also, some of the guys you mention are still valuable. For example, letting Goldust go would be a waste. We need to see that Cody vs Goldust feud, so Cody gets a push and he can finally have a decent solo career. Done correctly it will be a great good bye to Goldust as well.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The fact that Show is only 42 is still perplexing to me.

Like he has the agility and manoeuvrability of an 80 year old suffering from arthritis.

It just seems like he's been around just about forever as well.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
You forgot Big Show. That guy annoys the fuck out of me; bad face/heel, bad mic-worker, bad wrestler, slow, bores the shit out of the audience; his entire aura revolves around being a "giant" fpalm

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I agree with most of them, but Goldust is better than ever, imo. I would also keep Gabriels and Sin Cara. But please name the 18 wrestlers from NXT you would elevate to replace them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
How is Goldust a 'jobber4lyfe'? He's a quality guy and they can use him still to help push Stardust/Cody, if nothing else.

Anyways, a lot of the guys listed are still pretty valuable, even if they're not going to be pushed as anything more than openers/midcarders. You still need those sorts of guys, and they do a lot of live events they can use them in at any rate.

It's better they keep the lower card guys they're familiar with and cycle new ones in over time than just cutting a bunch of talent that they know they can work with.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Everytime I look at him I am baffled that the Big Show is only five years older than Cena.

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
Been ages since we had some cleaning out. All these jobbers4lyfe need to go:

- Goldust, 45
- R-Truth, 43
- Titus, 37
- Sin Hunico, 37
- Axel, 35
- Rose, 35
- Otunga, 34
- Fandango, 33
- Rowan, 33
- Gabriel, 33

These need to retire:

- Kane, 47
- Henry, 43
- Show, 42
- Christian, 41
- Rey, 40

I think this year will also be the last of Brock, Rock, Taker and Jericho.
Age really has no bearing if they can still go in the ring.

In the case of Rowan & Rose they are fairly new to the WWE roster and have niches they can fill. Guys like Goldust, R-Truth, Kane, Henry & Show can put over new talent and help guys who need a little guidance from someone experienced. I too have stated it's time for Kane, Henry & Show to retire but if WWE quits putting them in the spotlight and having them go over younger guys then they too have a place. Christian and Rey are on their way out and the rest of those guys are jobbers and jobbers are always needed.

What do you want? You think they should call guys up from NXT to job? Then what? Because those guys are jobbers then we release them to and call up more guys in a vicious cycle? Or should we just use random guys no one knows like they did with Ryback in his initial push? Guys who really aren't trained to take all the bumps and sell moves like the jobbers WWE hires.

Most of the jobbers aren't highly paid and fulfill a role. The roster needs a balance to work, it can't just be all main eventers and upper midcarders.

Reactions: Wildcat410
1 - 20 of 36 Posts