Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROH officials are pleased to announce that “Glory By Honor IX” will emanate from The Grand Ballroom at The Manhattan Center in New York, NY on September 11, 2010! But that’s not all…

“Glory by Honor IX” will also be broadcast worldwide LIVE on iPPV courtesy of our partners at GoFightLive! Details will be coming soon so keep checking ROHWrestling.com and at www.GoFightLive.tv, but don’t forget that the legendary Terry Funk will be in attendance and will take part in a special autograph signing prior to this big event.

Tickets for “Glory By Honor IX” are available now and you can reserve your spot for the Terry Funk Meet and Greet by securing a ticket here.!

Can’t be in New York with us LIVE? Yes you can! Keep checking back as information for ordering the iPPV will be available soon right here and at GoFightLive.tv!!

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/gbhix/

·
Registered
861 Posts
I wonder why they are able to do these PPV's from a different location yet are forced to keep those horrible tv tapings in Philly.

·
~PROWRES LOVE~
473 Posts
I wonder why they are able to do these PPV's from a different location yet are forced to keep those horrible tv tapings in Philly.
Because it's cheaper to run the television tapings in the same building (Which, mind you, has cheap rent already), rather than have HDNet have to cart their equipment all over the east coast doing tapings. FYI, GoFightLive transports their own equipment as well, but the cost is included (It costs roughly $4,000 to do a show on the website).

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Horrible?

It's in the area where ROH made it's name and like mentioned, is a good alternative at this moment in time whilst the company grows.

I'm sure that as time goes on, sets of tapings could be taped elsewhere. For example, 4-6 weeks worth in the Manhattan Ballroom, 4-6 weeks in the Hammerstein, etc. It all depends on the cost and whether it's able to be done.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
I was going to create this thread myself but was too lazy. I marked when I saw the news. Its just too perfect - GBH9, NYC, 9/11, live, Dragon's return exactly one year on from GBH8 ;) ...

Hopefully the buyrates can continue to rise as a result of all this cool stuff.

WWF Raw is War was in the same arena every week for a long time so why would ROH consider being any different? Also the iPPV events are special, hence the special settings.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was going to create this thread myself but was too lazy. I marked when I saw the news. Its just too perfect - GBH9, NYC, 9/11, live, Dragon's return exactly one year on from GBH8 ;) ...
No... They just sealed the deal on why he can't come. If he is still under the no compete clause and I don't believe it ends on that date he can't be on it unless its a dark match. Also, I posted an update on the Bryan Thread

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/other-wrestling/509156-bryan-danielson-indy-dates-announced-11.html

Which doesn't guarantee anything but he had told me on Saturday the odds were slim.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Has to be Edwards vs. Dragon or Dragon-Daniels for me. Technically he'd need to be in the Pick 6 to wrestle Tyler anyway.
I think if there was an exception to be made, they'd do it here. They'd probably have Black challenge Danielson to set it up. I think probably they do Davey/Daniels to have Davey climb back up to challenge Black maybe at Final Battle.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Danielson could be challenged by Tyler. Or maybe....we could see Danielson vs Richards again? Or Danielson and Christopher Daniels vs the American Wolves? With Black vs Strong on top, like the last NY show?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I really hope Dragon returns for this show, if he does not I still have faith in ROH with their last 2 iPPV's being nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i presume its no coincidence there running one of there biggest shows of the year on the same night as Evolve... I'd presume that would mean Evolve loses Claudio/Hero and any other ROH Regulars..
ROH announced their show first, presumably with the intent to make it GBH IX, since GBH is usually in September. Evolve's building was booked every other week in September, so they decided to run an afternoon show so that people could attend both. I don't think they're really trying to compete right now.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
i presume its no coincidence there running one of there biggest shows of the year on the same night as Evolve... I'd presume that would mean Evolve loses Claudio/Hero and any other ROH Regulars..
This is exactly the reason why EVOLVE was supposed to have a roster solely made up of non-contracted indy guys. Unfortunately Gabe panicked post-Daveygate and dropped that idea.

As for the world title, the Pick 6 ranking will have changed tons by then.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Speaking of Pick Six, what is that all about? Seems like there's always a random 6-man 'pick six' match on every show.
Random? Pick 6 matches are between two wrestlers already in the rankings or a wrestler in the standings and someone currently not ranked. For example, Daniels at #2 met Omega at DBDVIII and retained his spot with a win.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts