Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New to the boards but I felt I should pass this along. I was at the Resitiance Pro wrestling show in Chicago on the 11th and Jeremy Borash was the guest ring announcer. He said he was scouting talent and that one of the wrestlers for Resitance was going to be the next gut check contestant. His name is Jay Bradley. Has a good look to him and was able to carry an over the hill Vader to an ok match. He actually pulled off an impressive power slam on Vader and sold like a champ. Was a great show over all and hope to see some more of the young guys in tna in the future.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
TNA fear top indy wrestlers??? Why are guys like Jon Moxley, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnolim ect going to the WWE and TNA keep going after guys that fail in WWE or FCW/OVW guys?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
TNA fear top indy wrestlers??? Why are guys like Jon Moxley, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnolim ect going to the WWE and TNA keep going after guys that fail in WWE or FCW/OVW guys?
Roode and AJ Styles "failed" in WWE.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Roode and Aj Styles went to a try out with WWE which was John Laurinaitis first time in charge as Vice President of Talent Relations at a try out and he said he didn't see anything in Styles or Roode and signed like Matt Morgan and etc.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Just because Johnny Ace or Jim Ross (whoever was the VP/chief of talent relations at that time) thought Roode or AJ weren't good doesn't really mean they were below WWE, Roode and AJ back then weren't the same guys as now, and even if they were those guys doing the signings aren't really known for their good judgement, Steve Austin was initially brought in as a jobber as Vince admitted that on his DVD for example. Triple H, as much bad luck as he has with his signings is imo the best guy to discover talent by far, it it wasn't for him FCW wouldn't be full of top ROH/indy alumni of this generation and guys and gals like Kong and Mistico would not be in WWE right now. He's the only guy that gave Kong a chance in the WWE because he saw talent and actual drawing potential in a woman in this dark age of divas while guys like Ross called her too fat/big (oh the irony).

Bit of rambling, but my basic point is that you can't judge a guys talent based on the fact that he did or did not get hired by WWE, or any other bigtime company (CMLL, NJPW) for the matter. Austin Aries, the guy who couldn't even make it to Tough Enough is the longest reigning X Division champion in TNA right now while Tough Enough Winner Andy Levine got released from FCW and subsequently WWE.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Jay Bradley? Only if he finds himself a partner and they get their gut check as a tag-team.

If it comes from OVW, i would like to see Jason Wayne get a shot at a contract. If it comes from somewhere else, Kevin Steen would be on the top of my list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts