Wrestling Forum banner

Who will be Cena's next opponent?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's pretty obvious that Cena is coming out of this storyline with the Big Show as the victor, unless WWE decided to shock us again. And it's also plainly obvious that Cena is going to stay in the Main Event no matter what.

So what I'm asking is who is the next guy to face John Cena? I say that there are 3 logical choices. Either he faces Daniel Bryan, he faces a returning superstar, or he finishes off Lord Tensai. I cannot really get excited about Cena-Tensai 3. It looks like they are going to make Tensai even more of a badass, no holds barred guy, but really, we all know that superman Cena is coming out with the victory.

A returning superstar? Maybe The Rock again, and they can build to Summerslam? Lesnar is occupied with HHH. So the only other real option is Austin. This would be a good feud and it would be interesting. But I personally feel that Punk is going to drop the belt to Bryan and then he will start a feud with Stone Cold, which should be awesome.

So in reality the only good choice that is probable is Bryan, as the Rock is not going to be at the 1000th RAW or at any RAW for a while, until his new movie is done filming. So in my personal opinion we will see Cena overcome the odds again and defeat Daniel Bryan for the WWE championship.

·
Registered
452 Posts
While I would personally like to see him battle his Mexican cousin Juan Cena, I am voting for Daniel Bryan...hopefully with Bryan defending and retaining the title.

·
Stroking is the Antidote
3,160 Posts
If it was possible for Jesse Ventura to wrestle I would've chosen Returning Legend. I wish I could've got to see them go at it, damn WWE for teasing it.

Probably will be........I have no idea.

Bryan?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I came into this poll looking for the "Generic Heel Monster" and "Generic Heel Authority Figure" options.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Daniel Bryan, but Bryan HAS HAS HAS to go over.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
d bryan to beat the fuck outta cena.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Would be nice to see Cena go back feuding with Punk for the WWE title. That way both Cena & the WWE champion would be in the main event.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
No doubt after Cena gets through with Show they will force us to watch another match between them at MITB and still try to put Show over as a threat even though they will have cut him off at the knees at NWO. While that's going on I imagine they will start building up the next big generic heel. Tensai might get that push after all. Then when Cena shockingly defies the odds to beat Show (again), he'll come face to face with the formidable Tensai (who he has already beaten) and we'll get another shitty storyline with Cena as the supposed underdog that insults our intelligence and that nobody wants to see. That's just my guess though.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
I think the next logical step for Cena is to feud with himself.

He can open every show by coming out and slagging himself off, then end every show by running in and interfering with his own matches by getting himself disqualified by hitting himself over the head with a chair.

This could go on for months culminating in a Cena vs Cena match at Summerslam, where he will of course screw himself over, which leads into a big final face-off with himself at Survivor Series, where he competes in a ten-man elimination tag team match, with each team member on both teams consisting of John Cena.

It will be a hard fought battle, but in the end he will find the inner strength to overcome himself and emerge victorious.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Tough to say, really. Tensai and Bryan are the only people in and around the main mix who can give him a fresh feud, but Tensai is horrible, he's unover to a point where Alberto Del Rio looks like the hottest character in the company next to him, and his momentum has been killed off, and I don't see how they can make Cena feud with Bryan after he gets done with Big Show and make Bryan seem like any kind of a threat after he just jobbed out a pissed off giant. He could feud with Punk again, but what's the point (in terms of what's best for him, obviously, not Punk or the title)? Cena is so far above the title on the pecking order at this point it's ridiculous.

They could MAYBE throw a returning Barrett in against him, but would they be willing to put him over? I don't think so. I certainly don't want to see that happen. Cody? He'll get killed. Ziggler? Not even REMOTELY credible enough. Etc. The only other options I could see is a returning Jericho, but that's the same thing as Ziggler, it's just too overly predictable. Heel Orton when he comes back? Sure, I guess, but it's risky with the 2 suspensions.

This is why they should've built the Brock feud for SummerSlam instead of blowing it off at Extreme Rules and getting a lesser buyrate, and saved Triple H/Brock for Survivor Series.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Why does WWE always paint the picture that Cena is the underdog when he always wins?

With that being said, it's almost Summerslam and Cena will need a top opponent. I don't think Punk/Bryan is finished yet. I have no idea what WWE is planning for Cena, but that's been the case for a while. After Lesnar, who would've thought Cena would fued with Big Show!? I'll be damned smh

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Cena should feud with Bryan, and they should book the feud like Rock vs. Benoit. They're two top-workers, and could produce some great matches together. They've never feuded before, and WWE are looking for new feuds for the Summer. If you have a match like this at SummerSlam, it would put Bryan over huge - win or lose.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts