Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were not aware, the current RAW Tag-Team Champions, The Hardy Boyz, earned the right to choose the stipulation for their title defense at Extreme Rules. After Matt Hardy defeated Sheamus on RAW a week ago, The Hardyz chose to defend their championships inside of a Steel Cage.

Dave Meltzer stated on the latest installment of the Wrestling Observer Radio that the reason WWE went with that decision is due to the number of ladder matches that has/will take place. NXT Takeover: Chicago saw a ladder match between #DIY & The Authors Of Pain plus, the upcoming Money In The Bank PPV is coming up. Meltzer eluded to WWE simply trying to switch things up.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
i feel its a good stip for 1 reason, if both have to escape the cage to win the match they should have jeff and matt about to escape
jeff jumps down and matt gets stuck at the top and dragged back into the cage
matt then gets absolutely destroyed and written off tv, comes back broken

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i feel its a good stip for 1 reason, if both have to escape the cage to win the match they should have jeff and matt about to escape
jeff jumps down and matt gets stuck at the top and dragged back into the cage
matt then gets absolutely destroyed and written off tv, comes back broken
that would be great but I can't see it happening....

is Matt even allowed to do the Broken stuff? Although can't he just do a variation of it to stop any lawsuits?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
that would be great but I can't see it happening....

is Matt even allowed to do the Broken stuff? Although can't he just do a variation of it to stop any lawsuits?
just keep him off until its sorted out, looks like the hardys are going to win the rights for the gimmick anyway

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
I'm fine with it. Since they came back in a ladder match and that are other ladder matches happening, I figured maybe a tables match. But I'm fine with a cage match especially since I doubt there will be outside interference

·
Is a Snit Head
22,215 Posts
It makes sense to switch things up. But it would have made more sense for Sheamus and Cesaro to pick that match type and not the Hardy's.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
just keep him off until its sorted out, looks like the hardys are going to win the rights for the gimmick anyway
What indications are there that the Hardy's are going to get the rights? The latest out there makes it seem like they are further away from winning the rights. Their trademark application was denied recently and that usually isn't a good sign. If it goes to the court system Anthem could tie it up for years and not blink on money if they choose to. What indications are there that WWE wants to use the gimmick anyway? Why do people believe that a company based on live attractions would want to have an act that is 95% pre-taped. That doesn't sell tickets. We have all seen the recent attempts from WWE to execute things of this nature with the New Day at the Wyatt compound stuff the Orton burning the compound and then the house of horror match. We have even witnessed the WWE trying to incorporate some elements of gimmicks into a live match like at WrestleMania and they all went over like a lead baloon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts