Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-- Brother Ray has an interview at the Miami Herald where he discusses the creation of the Bubba Dudley and Dudley Boys gimmicks, it was a bad idea for WWE to split them up, why they have been forced to break up now in TNA and more. You can check that out at http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/08/1962904_p4/tnas-brother-ray-makes-most-of.html

just a little sample:

"When Vince McMahon originally approached us and said, `I want to break you guys up because I want to shock the people.' Me and Devon told him this is not a good idea, and he said, `Why?' We said, `With all due respect, nobody ever wanted to see The Road Warriors wrestle by themselves, and nobody wants to see us wrestle by ourselves, and nobody is ever going to believe that either one of us can become the world heavyweight champion. So you're splitting us up for shock value.'

``I said, `Vince, if you want shock value. Have Devon crap in my hand in the middle of the ring, and I'll throw it into the fifth row. That's shock. What we're doing now is not the smartest move for business.'

``Four months later in Madison Square Garden, Vince McMahon called me to the back of the arena, and he said, `I'm putting you guys back together tonight.' In not so many words that was him saying this experiment didn't work, and the great thing is he can always fall back onto the team.

``That night was when Shawn Michaels won the world title in the elimination chamber. We were told that putting us back together on that night was one of the Top 5 loudest reactions to ever happen at Madison Square Garden. We were told that by people in WWE".

"``Me and Devon can always get back together and put people through tables, and the people will pay to see it.''

The feud between these legendary tag team partners gives them and the fans a break.

``There's no doubt that it's a reinventing of ourselves,'' Brother Ray said. ``We've been together 15 years. The people have seen us wrestle everybody. The people have loved us, hated us, respected us.

``It felt like it was just time to take it away from them for a little while; so when it's given back to them, maybe one day, they'll appreciate it a lot more, and it will be new and fresh and exciting.

``I always compare me and Devon to the rock-n-roll band KISS in that matter. KISS has the same show every single night, and KISS plays the same songs every single night. Guess what KISS also does every single night? They sell out [venues] every single night. There's a reason for that".

-- TNA has a new trading card line called "TNA XTREME" that will include a number of cards from EV2.0. Just about everyone booked for Hardcore Justice signed a number of pieces for inclusion in the set.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Most overrated tag team in history. I don't care how many times they won the Tag titles they would never be in Legion of Doom,Hart Foundation,Rock n Roll Express,Ole and Arn Anderson,Steiner Brothers,Hardy Boyz league. They never been the best tag team, not in ECW,not in WWE,not in TNA.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
So...WWE broke up the Dudleys for shock value and they have a problem with it.

TNA does the exact same thing and suddenly it's a great decision?

Or is he basically saying that Team 3D can always reform and everyone will forget this feud and the fact that they both said they were retiring?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Most overrated tag team in history. I don't care how many times they won the Tag titles they would never be in Legion of Doom,Hart Foundation,Rock n Roll Express,Ole and Arn Anderson,Steiner Brothers,Hardy Boyz league. They never been the best tag team, not in ECW,not in WWE,not in TNA.
Lol at the disrespect these guys get on this site. I'd say as a team they are right in there. They were the best team of all time in ECW BY FAR. Maaaybe some old schoolers would say Public enemy, but they kind of sucked IMO. Eliminators and Gangstas were good too but not on on the dudleys level. In WWE they were equal to, if not bigger than the hardys (as a team). And the dudleys have a lot more longevity as a team and worked a lot of programs w/ the big singles guys, like rock, Austin, Benoit, Jericho etc. which the hardys never did... They could work face or heel no problem... They are that good. Ant to say they were never the best in TNA is a Joke too, yeah, now they are not, but in the past who was better? Fucking LAX and 3 live Kru? Gimme a break.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
As a team, I've always loved the Dudleyz. Are either of them great wrestlers? No. But as a team they have a charisma that makes them interesting.

It's a gimmick that works and the fans love to see it. That's all that matters in wrestling. Some of you take this internet wrestling nerd thing too seriously sometimes.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
As a team, I've always loved the Dudleyz. Are either of them great wrestlers? No. But as a team they have a charisma that makes them interesting.

It's a gimmick that works and the fans love to see it. That's all that matters in wrestling. Some of you take this internet wrestling nerd thing too seriously sometimes.
Casual fans love Edge and Christian,WGTT and Hardy Boyz more. It's more than an internet thing. They suck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts