Wrestling Forum banner

Newmaga

736 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  stjimmy1991
Umaga was by far one of my favorite instances of repackaging in WWE history. It took someone who had lost a lot of steam and turned them into a heel that I wanted to see lose, and had some great moves. The Samoan Bulldozer is defiantly awesome!

Who should get this treatment next? Who has the ability to come back with a new gimmick and make an impact? At any level really.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
The reason Umaga's repackaging worked so well was partly because the gimmick was pretty awesome (Estrada as a manager was great), but also because he improved so much in Japan. With that in mind, one guy who I'd like to see come back and be allowed to be the next big monster heel who doesn't talk would be Giant Bernard/A-Train. Like Umaga, he's an absolute beast, and also like Umaga he has improved out of sight in Japan.

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason Umaga's repackaging worked so well was partly because the gimmick was pretty awesome (Estrada as a manager was great), but also because he improved so much in Japan. With that in mind, one guy who I'd like to see come back and be allowed to be the next big monster heel who doesn't talk would be Giant Bernard/A-Train. Like Umaga, he's an absolute beast, and also like Umaga he has improved out of sight in Japan.
I have to agree with the first portion there. I just wasn't 100% on the details of the repacking so I didn't just assume. But I still believe that if there is a writing staff that could give us Umaga there is hope for the future! There is so much raw talent in the WWE, that a gimmick that brings people to the forefront of the show without having four+ other guys around (Stables are good when not over used).

When I think about this thread myself, I feel that Ezkiel Jackson had potential to fill this role, but now with the whole Corre thing I don't think that will be happenings. And all hope I had for Jackson just keeps going down hill, because I am not entertained or in awe by him doing a move on a guy who has just been beaten down. Especially three weeks in a row.

A-train, and Skip though, I love those ideas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.