Wrestling Forum banner

Newcomer to TNA - are the womens matches better?

3878 Views 61 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  Hamada
I've been a big fan of the WWE women wrestlers, but have been disappointed lately with the quality of the performances. This week I was going to tune into TNA for the first time to see what their female wrestlers have to offer. How do you guys think they compare? Who are some of the best wrestlers there? I write a blog about my own transformation to a more fit self, and often write about the women wrestlers I admire, so I was hoping TNA might have something for me to write about.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· You are being watched
6,577 Posts
They are better, few could argue that but now is the wrong time to watch TNA for women's wrestling. Should you have started watching around 08, then you would have seen the best mainstream women's wrestling for a long time. It's slowly on the rise again, I guess, but it's nowhere near as good as it was. So altogether, it is better than WWE, even if it is only marginally better.

· Registered
369 Posts
Not to mention Mickie James vs Tara in a steel cage, Main Event, that was cool.

Madison Rayne has come on leeps and bounds and is settling into the heel roll perfectly.

Another heel is Sarita, and she has a good moveset, and actually seems one of the few Knockouts that can do a decent suplex.

Other Knockouts are good too, like Daffney and Mickie James.

If its womens tag team action your looking for, its pretty much non existant in terms of going for the gold.

TNA sacked quite a few Knockouts, and some have returned over the last couple of tapings, but their more focused on the singles action.

So far, current Tag Teams, like Sarita and Rosita have impressed me, and The Beautiful People are ok, but Angelina carries their team.

The only knockout I really have a problem with is Velvet Sky. Sure she is eye candy for the audience and viewers, but she just isn't cut out for wrestling.

Its painfull watching her 'wrestle' Sarita and Sarita having to try and carry and sell Velvets moves.

Having not watched the WWE in 7 odd years, im not sure what their womens matches are like, but on TNA they are a reasonable length and are focused more on wrestling that just constant 'ooh look at me'.

Reactions: IAmNotAJ

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Having not watched the WWE in 7 odd years, im not sure what their womens matches are like, but on TNA they are a reasonable length and are focused more on wrestling that just constant 'ooh look at me'.
The matches in the WWE are so short, and it just looks like girls running around in the ring pulling hair and screaming anymore.

· Registered
369 Posts
The matches in the WWE are so short, and it just looks like girls running around in the ring pulling hair and screaming anymore.
None of that in TNA, apart from the odd bit of hair pulling and high pitched screches, its all good.

Steel cage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xE9OTbV14

Its a shame you've come at a time where Hamanda and Taylor Wilde are no longer with the company.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
I've been a big fan of the WWE women wrestlers, but have been disappointed lately with the quality of the performances. This week I was going to tune into TNA for the first time to see what their female wrestlers have to offer. How do you guys think they compare? Who are some of the best wrestlers there? I write a blog about my own transformation to a more fit self, and often write about the women wrestlers I admire, so I was hoping TNA might have something for me to write about.
Get out while you still can, watching TNA for prolonged periods can have a negative on your mental faculties.

As for womens wrestling, don't look to the main-stream companies, look to the indies. SHIMMER is the best place to start.

· You are being watched
6,577 Posts
None of that in TNA, apart from the odd bit of hair pulling and high pitched screches, its all good.

Steel cage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xE9OTbV14

Its a shame you've come at a time where Hamanda and Taylor Wilde are no longer with the company.
And Kong, Alissa Flash, Sojo Bolt, Rhaka Khan, Roxxi, ODB (on a permanent basis, I doubt she is now, tbh) Gail Kim , Traci (she'll leave in a month) and Salinas.

· Feed Me More
673 Posts
They are better, few could argue that but now is the wrong time to watch TNA for women's wrestling. Should you have started watching around 08, then you would have seen the best mainstream women's wrestling for a long time. It's slowly on the rise again, I guess, but it's nowhere near as good as it was. So altogether, it is better than WWE, even if it is only marginally better.
This.

07-09 was when I would have recommended for any female wrestler looking to make a mainstream break to head to TNA.

The knockouts went downhill when Hogan and Bischoff stepped in. Most TNA fans are aware of this.

· Registered
6,216 Posts
Yes women wrestling in tna is better unlike some of the people hear i say it is better.

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Steel cage:
Thank you so much for linking that video, that match was amazing to watch. Was that acting by Mickie at the end, or did she really hurt her knee? She went all out for that one. And I loved the announcers giving props to the show for allowing their girls to really wrestle and have a main event like that

· Registered
503 Posts
they were better, but then when Hogan and Bischoff came about, it became almost the same, if not worse, as we had the same 3 chicks fighting each other, and seeing week after week of amazing matchres from Velvet and Lacey Von Erich, to Angelina who used to be good, but now seem to do the same spots over and over again, got old fast. Basically, the Ko division became the TBP division.

It got better with Victoria coming back, adding Mickie James and Katie Lea (who sadly is suffering from serious riung rust), this new girl Rosita, pushing Madison into the title picture instead of velvet and Lacey, and them keeping Sarita (unlike Taylor, Hamada, Kong, Flash, Roxxi,who all got fired, and all can easily out wrestle majority of WWE Divas), so it might be back to where it once was, as long as they keep Velvet out of the title picture. (which might not be with the push they are giving her)

· Registered
369 Posts
Thank you so much for linking that video, that match was amazing to watch. Was that acting by Mickie at the end, or did she really hurt her knee? She went all out for that one. And I loved the announcers giving props to the show for allowing their girls to really wrestle and have a main event like that
I can't tell to be honest, it was a hell of a Thez Press though!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.