Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to disturb everyone with this silly question, but I'm just starting out - using PSP.. I was wondering how you partially blend things into the background. I know it's got something to do with the opacity (I think anyways) But I'm not quite sure how to get to that point. Can anyone be of help? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yes it does have to do with opacity.
But PSP isnt the top program to use for banner making.
Adobe PhotoShop 7.0 is a way better program

To blend with PSP it has something to do with the Guassion (or something) brush, but im not sure, thats what hhh_chick4eva told me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know Adobe is better, but being that I'm still just starting off I figured I may as well start with something a little easier. Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i use psp what u do is u go to layers properties and the n play with the hard light effects or the opacity

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another newbie question!

lol, here i've got another newbie question.. I've seen the brush resource thing to be able to download, my question is how to change the format to something my PSP can recognize, because apparently my PSP doesn't recognize .abr files, or I'm saving it in the wrong folder.. someone clear this up for me? :sad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
PhotoShop brushes can be used in PSP by making a copy of each brush set, placing them in your PSP brushes folder, and then changing the file extension from .abr to .jbr

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Explicit said:
PhotoShop brushes can be used in PSP by making a copy of each brush set, placing them in your PSP brushes folder, and then changing the file extension from .abr to .jbr
I knew it! I knew it could be done, because I read it somewhere. I just wasn't sure how. And I didn't want to tell anyone the wrong way because it'd make me look dumb[er].
But yeah. The same can be done with fonts. From PC to MAC, or MAC to PC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
:angry: aaaahhh i just had a seizure and didn't feel a thing.... nice sig oz...... I used to use psp and i am a psp master... now i use ps and i am pretty good with it

·
Registered
290 Posts
psp is the best screw photoshop

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
I agree with Korupted. GP218 is a prime example of that.
His banners used to...suck. No offense, now look at him, he's the best. If you ask the pros, 9 out of 10 will say Photoshop. The other will say Fireworks. PSP doesn't even get a spot.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yeah, fireworks isn't that bad either, but it doesn't come with a lot of features. I gave up on banner making a long time ago, though, because it's too time consuming.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts