Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone knowledgeable enough and willing to put together a newbie guide for CMLL and/or AAA in Mexico? Unless I searched wrong, I couldn't fine one in the forums.

I know an okay amount about both federations (for an American) but I'm interested in learning a lot more, and those newbie guides seem pretty helpful. Any books to recommend? DVDs?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Well I'm not sure about the DVDs or media since I don't see anyone uploading mexican media but I can give my two cents about it:

AAA is pretty much a WWE-esque promotion, they focus more on characters and storylines and they have variety, there's cruiserweight action, comedy matches, hardcore matches and they have PPVs from time to time (Triplemania, Verano de Escandalo, yes they rip a lot from WWE :p).

If you are more traditional pro-wrestling/puro fan go for CMLL. Their usual format is tag and trio matches (they keep "mano a mano" or 1 on 1 matches as something special) and they RARELY use a stipulation like No Holds Barred or Cage matches; also they are more focused on in-ring performance, great technicians and great high flyers and even some Japanese style wrestling (their current main champion is Jushin Thunder Lyger).

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Pretty much on point except AAA actually equal to CMLL wrestling wise. I watch both shows on Mexico galavision every Sunday 3-7 pm eastern time on the net. AAA show is better overall,the matches is not chopped up like CMLL main show. CMLL show is heavily edit due to the 3 falls rules. AAA matches are shown in full. AAA is like Raw except longer and better matches.

However,CMLL C3 show is better than the main CMLL show.

Both promotions are fun though. You guys can have WWE and TNA. Im happy with lucha.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies... really appreciate it.

Can you let me know the links on how you watch the shows? Based on my preferences, it seems like I'd be more into CMLL, but I'd like to give both a try and see where it goes.

·
~PROWRES LOVE~
473 Posts
You can also go here: thecubsfan.com/cmll - He covers all of the lucha promotions, including some of the smaller indies, and Lucha Libre USA. He also posts downloads of the shows, including the CMLL shows we don't get here in the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts