Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which city would you prefer to live in? Including factors like traffic, weather, sights to see, things to do, ethnic diversity, beaches, shopping, etc. Which city is better, and why?

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
Probably New York on most instances.... Los Angeles is pretty terrible. I'm not a fan of New York either, btw.

I'll break it down by the categories you listed.

Traffic - both sucks. You don't have your own car in New York though. You don't need it. Just grab a cab. In Los Angeles the traffic is terrible so you can drive in your own car and wait. :p

Weather - I like Los Angeles' climate the most. I hate cold weather so New York is not for me in this category. But my personal preference not included you at least get all four seasons in New York, so if you like that, and most do then New York wins.

Sights to See - These two are about the same but I'd give the slight edge to New York.

Things to Do - New York, by far.

Ethnic Diversity - I couldn't care fucking less

Beaches - Los Angeles

Shopping - Either/or. Both cities have pretty much anything you want as far as shopping goes.

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
New York, no doubt. I've been there twice and both times was amazing. Such a great city to visit. I've seen what it's like come Christmas time and I definitely want to get up there around the holidays.

Plus, my Yankees are there. :D

·
Boats & Hoes!
1,718 Posts
Well for me it has to be LA, every single person I have meet from NY are a bunch pricks that think because they live in NY they are above the world.

Lets do it down by the categories.

Traffic - both LA and NY sucks. You don't have your own car in NY because parking is super expensive. there main transport is cabs or subway. Los Angeles the traffic is sucks every day but atleast you have your own car and don't have to relay on public transportation. Advantage LA

Weather - Los Angeles weather is best in the country. we have it all here winter is not so cold around 45-60 degrees, summer is not to hot average is 75-90. Advantage LA

Sights to See - Well there is a good reason why they call LA the entertainment capital of the world! Advantage LA

Things to Do - Never been to NY so I don't know what there is to do there, so cant determine witch is better. Tie

Ethnic Diversity - Very diverse in both places there are Asians, Europeans, Middle Eastern, Central & Southern American in both places, witch also helps in the Culinary aspect. Tie

Beaches - This is not even up to debate by FAR! Advantage LA

Shopping - Both cities have everything as shopping goes. Have to say. Advantage NY

-----------------------------------​

So there it is goes 4 to LA, 2 Ties & 1 for NY hope my opinion was not to bias since I live in CA!

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
NYC.

Visited there in February of 2007, absolutely amazing place. I felt like I was walking around on Coruscant or something, I mean we have bigass buildings here in Britain but Manhattan takes the piss. It was such an amazing place, with snow covering everything (I learned a new level of being cold on that trip), Central Park was especially beautiful. Plus the city has had a massive impact on my life, I grew up seeing that city in movies and on television, most of the bands I love are from at least one of the 5 boroughs. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying an apartment in that city somewhere.

I'd love to visit LA as well, but I don't think I'd like to live there.

·
Amazing
4,242 Posts
LA has nothing except constant nice weather. I'm sure there are many places in California which are a lot nicer. New York is superior in food, shopping and social activities. Also Manhattan is just 1 of 5 boroughs. You can live a comfortable non traffic filled life in some nice suburban neighborhood outside Manhattan.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,750 Posts
<-------- Born in the state of NY, which automatically makes NYC better than smoggy LA.

·
WITNESS ME
727 Posts
I've never been to NY but I can safely say I met some of the rudest people ever in LA. I don't know what it is exactly but there's a lot of real assholes living in LA. I've lived in St. Louis, Houston, KC, Toronto, and others... but the people in LA are just the worst I've met, across the board. Houston runs a close second, but that mostly has to do with the fact that Houston is filled to the brim with the worst drivers on the planet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
gotta take into account working situation.....new york offers a good night life after you've seen everything you would as a tourist.

la offers a less cultural stuff, but because it's full of rich bums, chilling in the daytime is awesome there, basically being on a holiday everyday, it isn't the celeb city because it sucks ya know.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Both cities are full of self absorbed assholes. I'm from New York, born and raised and I can easily say that New York assholes are far more superior than LA assholes. Oh and our obnoxious accents own and the winters are brutal- which I love. There's nothing like Christmas in New York.

And driving in the city? Screw that. Get a Metrocard. You can go anywhere for 2 bucks.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
Definitely New York. Fuck the beaches.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Lakers > Knicks that's all I'm gonna say here.

·
Minority share owner of the Green Bay Packers
4,241 Posts
I would rather live in the back woods than NY or LA. IF I HAD TO choose, I would pick LA simply because of the weather.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts