Wrestling Forum banner

461 - 481 of 607 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,944 Posts
That was an awesome main event. Darby got his win back after Cage pinned him with that Avalanche Drill Claw. Finally Sting swings his bat lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm just guessing that match had some dumb stipulation to get Khan wet so all the other stuff was allowed, otherwise LOL @ that ref

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well, at least Sting did something with the bat this time. I'll take it. Cage still looked really strong in defeat.
Not sure he did. He just lost to someone who he mostly beat the shit out of, but who kicked out of an F5 at one and beat him without barely having got any offense in the entire match.

So Cage can dish out a beating but can't take literally a couple of moves from a midget, is the story of that match.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sting here helping Darby get over! Better main event than that shit on Monday with that asshole that treated this legend Sting like shit

·
Baby It's Violence
7,395 Posts
As much as I liked the match, they do have an inconsistency with their refs. Stuff like allowing the belt to be used like that makes them look like morons, reminds me of the problem I have with refs in NJPW too.

I get not wanting to do DQs like WWE does, but they I think go to the other extreme and NEVER do them when they can here or there.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Great match but not as good as Kenny vs Fenix. Still spoiled with this quality of main event on TV though. idc what people say, Darby is a star that has something about him in this era of cookie cutter bearded guys. With his height, the edgy comeback kid is the best they can do with him.

Team Taz do look like muppets though, Darby and Sting have gotten the better of them every week.

·
Registered
26,116 Posts
Great match but not as good as Kenny vs Fenix. Still spoiled with this quality of main event on TV though. idc what people say, Darby is a star that has something about him in this era of cookie cutter bearded guys. With his height, the edgy comeback kid is the best they can do with him.

Team Taz do look like muppets though, Darby and Sting have gotten the better of them every week.
He has that undeniable aura about him. Like Scott Hall or Jeff Hardy he just oozes something cool.

·
12,944 Posts
I had to think back and remember if Sting ever had supernatural powers when Darby starting kicking out at 1 lol. I don’t think it hurt the match but was weird and made Cage’s offense look ineffective. Darby’s gonna be a major star though.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I like Darby because unlike the other guys with his profile he actually wrestles like it, that match just needed to be at a PPV imo so it had time to breathe in between the Cage domination and underdog comeback

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
10,397 Posts
I had to think back and remember if Sting ever had supernatural powers when Darby starting kicking out at 1 lol. I don’t think it hurt the match but was weird and made Cage’s offense look ineffective.
I REALLY hope they do not go down the path of having powers. He never had powers, he was just really good at getting in Hogan's head with the fake Stings, the dummy Sting, and the ability to rappel down at any time and mess with him. I did really like the match but hated the kicking out at one. It was unnecessary and distracting, and just not believable. And I like Darby.

·
Ho!
17,806 Posts
I don't terribly mind the kickouts at 1. Cage still looked like a beast tossing Darby around like a ragdoll. Darby looked resilient as fuck staying alive and kicking out like he did. I'd say if Darby was losing, the kickout at 1 thing would be stupid. But if they're going to keep him as TNT Champion, I love that they're showing he'll be able to take a shit ton of punishment before finally going down. Because that's what they need to do with a guy like Darby.

I mean, it's not like Darby pulled Fiend-levels of absurd durability lol.

I do think Cage/Darby>>>>>>>Omega/Fenix. The main thing I didn't like about Cage/Darby is how it ended. Kind of ended on a wimper. I would've rather Sting whacked Cage with the bat to knock him out to lead to the Darby win (or Darby hits his finisher after the bat shot) while the ref was distracted by whoever that other guy was in Team Taz.

·
Registered
26,116 Posts
I REALLY hope they do not go down the path of having powers. He never had powers, he was just really good at getting in Hogan's head with the fake Stings, the dummy Sting, and the ability to rappel down at any time and mess with him. I did really like the match but hated the kicking out at one. It was unnecessary and distracting, and just not believable. And I like Darby.
Idk Darby with the powers of Noob Saibot from Mortal Kombat could be pretty cool lol

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
10,397 Posts
Idk Darby with the powers of Noob Saibot from Mortal Kombat could be pretty cool lol
Noob was really just a dead Sub-Zero right? I do not want any more powers in wrestling heh. I do not want any more teleporting or overtly fake crap.

·
12,944 Posts
I'd prefer they didn't bring powers into it either. Darby has the perfect character right now and the perfect mentor in Sting, just keep it at that and run stories without Fiend or Undertaker type stuff. The kickouts at 1 made me wonder though, it certainly wasn't believable after he got abused the way he did. I had a thought that they were gonna make up for his height and weight with an increased supernatural ability via Sting to kick out more so than any other talent lol. Good to know Sting never had powers in old school WCW lol.

461 - 481 of 607 Posts