Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 607 Posts

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Shame about Britt v Rosa being cancelled but happy to see Serena and Conti have an opportunity.

Darby v Cage and Pac v Kingston have me excited.

Hope to see some IC progression - this storyline has legs if they can maintain momentum.

·
Registered
25,589 Posts
Darby vs. Cage is a match I'm amazed hasn't happened already since Cage has been in AEW. I think in the ring these 2 will have great chemistry and Darby will sell his ass off for Cage (just please, not too much Darby, lol). They're probably going to make Cage look strong in defeat so this is a perfect time for Sting to finally swing that damn bat to help Darby win, which is what I believe will happen.

Deeb vs. Conti doesn't hold the same weight for me as Rosa vs. Britt but if there's anyone who could bring out the best in Conti at this point in her career, Deeb is one of those people so I'm interested to see what this match will be in the end.

Was excited for Jurassic Express vs. FTR. Then of course Marko had to come in and just steal a spot from Luchasuarus so, yay? At the very least this match should a be a showcase for Jungle Boy.

Well, apparently Chuck is going to be Miro's man slave after losing this match because Chuck is an idiot who agreed to a stupid stipulation. So yeah, they might get something funny out of that. And I know Chuck isn't everyone's favorite around these parts but I think him and Miro will match up well.

I would guess Eddie beats PAC because I don't see this being the end of this whole rivalry with everyone involved.

·
KO
5,541 Posts
It looks a bit worse than night 1, but still somewhat exciting. Darby-Cage, PAC-Kingston, and some Inner Circle progress should all be entertaining, and I'm very much looking forward to whatever they've got for Bullet Club.

·
Angry at refs
4,250 Posts
Should be a good show! I was hyped for Rosa vs Baker, so that's a shame.

Deeb is great and Tay could use the experience to develop her skills further. It won't be the best but it can't be worse than the Abadon match.
Miro vs. Chuck should be a decent match.
PAC vs. Kingston will be good if they keep the same momentum on it.
Darby vs. Cage has been building for way too long so I'm hoping that they go all out and show the world what these two guys can do. I'm pumped.
The IC stuff and Cody segment most likely won't be anything special. These two are probably the only thing on the show that I'm not looking forward to.

They might also do something with the new BC just to keep that story going.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

There's this as well isn't there?

PAC has beaten Butcher and Blade in singles, so if he beats Eddie then I guess Death Triangle win this feud? PAC could then challenge Kenny or Darby for one of the belts. Eddie's Fam to move on to a feud with the Dark Order?

If Eddie wins (he's 0-3 in his big AEW matches), they can drag this out some more and blow it off with some sort of six-man tag gimmick match (cage, 2/3 falls, Blood & Guts).

Miro vs. Trent was good, I'm not as high on Chuck and I just want to see Miro in something better with some of the top dogs. Miro will win and we'll see weeks of him humiliating Chuck I guess, but where do you go from there? Orange Cassidy beating Miro? No thanks. Orange Cassidy beating Kip? That I can stomach.

Darby vs. Cage is a match that has literally been in the making since May. I expect Darby to win this, hopefully in a way that doesn't make Cage look too much of a jabronie. Sting interference would be the way.

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Callis says "Kenny and his two best friends, the world tag champs" a lot. Likely gonna be Kenny and The Good Brothers, which will make YB get jealous. I love it.
I think they left it vague because Nick thought he might have broken his leg. I'm not sure they'd have Omega and GB fight together first on Dynamite before Impact's PPV on the weekend. What would be interesting would be a mix and match with Matt and one of Gunner or Gallows.

Given Varsity Blondes first attempted the save for Mox, and with Darby wrestling Cage I assume Varsity Blondes will be Mox's initial partners. I suspect the low(er) level partners for Mox to set up MCMG and Swann making an appearance.

Chuck as Miro's Young Boy is a creative way to keep Chuck on television while Trent is out and leans into his character work aspect. It's Sports Entertainment, but I don't hate it as an idea.

Kingston needs a win, but PAC shouldn't be losing either. It's a pickle.

Deeb was one of Taynara's trainers at the WWE PC, hopefully they have good chemistry together from working so closely together for a couple of years. I might even consider putting the NWA title on Tay here, and then have Rosa win it back when NWA is back taping.

·
Angry at refs
4,250 Posts
I think they left it vague because Nick thought he might have broken his leg. I'm not sure they'd have Omega and GB fight together first on Dynamite before Impact's PPV on the weekend. What would be interesting would be a mix and match with Matt and one of Gunner or Gallows.

Given Varsity Blondes first attempted the save for Mox, and with Darby wrestling Cage I assume Varsity Blondes will be Mox's initial partners. I suspect the low(er) level partners for Mox to set up MCMG and Swann making an appearance.
Good points. I completely forgot about Nick potentially having a broken leg.
A mix of both Matt and one GB would be interesting for sure.

As out of the blue as it is, I'd enjoy seeing the Varisty Blondes getting a bit of a showcase. Griff is slowly winning me over, despite looking like a slightly buff Jungle Boy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cage vs Darby and Pac vs Kingston should be good, hopefully get Kenny and the good brothers too as a warm up for their impact PPV as I hate that the Bucks got involved with this storyline.

Cage cannot lose clean if he is to retain any credibility and Pac has to go over clean as they need to build him up with some credible wins for his inevitable title match with Kenny. Kingston is good on the mic but I don’t see him anymore than a TNT champ at best.

I will be skipping the FTR match in protest as Marko Stunt does not deserve to be in a match with these guys and is ruining jungle boy’s career.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,872 Posts
Cage/Darby and PAC/Kingston will be great. Sting will definitely be getting involved in the TNT Title match this time. That match has been a long time coming and has been getting built up since Cage’s debut. Also looking forward to Tay Conti vs Deeb. Sucks that Rosa/Britt had to be cut but I guess they can save that for “Beach Break”?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Second week of the year and I'm already skipping an episode. This booking is garbage. Absolute garbage.
January is the time to put on some killer shows to pull the returning audience in after the holidays. They are doing some miserable shows.
Wtf does it mean that Chuck will be Miro's young boy. Wtf!

·
Angry at refs
4,250 Posts
Second week of the year and I'm already skipping an episode. This booking is garbage. Absolute garbage.
January is the time to put on some killer shows to pull the returning audience in after the holidays. They are doing some miserable shows.
Wtf does it mean that Chuck will be Miro's young boy. Wtf!
They've explained it at least 10 times. It's the exact same as any other young boy in wrestling. The young guys carry around and cater to the actual stars in order to earn their respect and to learn from them.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Chuck as Miro's Young Boy is a creative way to keep Chuck on television while Trent is out and leans into his character work aspect. It's Sports Entertainment, but I don't hate it as an idea.

Kingston needs a win, but PAC shouldn't be losing either. It's a pickle.

Deeb was one of Taynara's trainers at the WWE PC, hopefully they have good chemistry together from working so closely together for a couple of years. I might even consider putting the NWA title on Tay here, and then have Rosa win it back when NWA is back taping.
Regardless of the reason, honestly, I think it adds a little more excitement of what's going to happen when it comes to Good Brothers or Young Bucks. Nice to know matches for a card, but surprises sprinkled in are always welcome.

1 - 20 of 607 Posts