Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed as soon as drew mcintyre started to make progress with his rivalry with kofi which was a good story people start to complain it was a cheap way to get heat and not for storyline purposes? its been the same with swagger.

·
8,232 Posts
People complain about Mcintyre and Swagger because:

A) They have different opinions then you, and of course:

B) They SUCK.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
yes, the IWC does always react the same.

someone always makes a lousy fucking thread about how other people complain about it, so there's yet ANOTHER thread to complain about it, therefore not realizing their own fail and silly move.

and people were complaining about cheap heat for McIntyre LONG before Kofi if you paid attention. The whole Matt Hardy thing, the Vince McMahon thing, all that was to get him as much heat as possible. why you're bringing it up during his feud with Kofi is beyond me.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I have noticed this, but it's not just for that, people will shit on everything. It is just opinions of course, as stated, but it's the whole "I liked him before they did what I wanted them to do, now I hate him because they did pretty much the same thing." I've seen people love & hate the same guy quicker than NME Magazine by following forums. You just get used to it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I hate McIntyre because he has been boring as hell so I have no reason to want to see him in the main event

I like Swagger however, he's athletic, a good wrestler and has a very entertaining personality

·
BANG BANG!
2,352 Posts
You make it sound like the iwc (which YOU are a part of) has some kind of hive-mind that dictates everyone's sole opinion on this forum. A quick look through the threads on this forum would tell you everyone has a distinct opinion.

That being said, I would say that people are more vocal when things go their way. I know I'm more vocal about it here when I see something I don't agree with.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
With a forum consisting of roughly 200,000 members, you're not going to please everybody. Some people hate guys like Swagger, Drew, Kofi, etc. and others are huge fans. Regardless of who gets pushed, there is always going to be bitching.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
My belief is that the IWC tends to react badly to those wrestlers who are brought in and immediately pushed into a position where, if they aren't upper mid-carders/main-events straight away, are clearly positioned to be in a short space of time. Many of us want to be allowed to work out who has the potential on our own and dislike the way WWE force certain people onto us.

In my opinion this is unfair on the fans but it's also unfair on the wrestlers. I honestly believe that many of the people who've come in and failed to get over would have stood a far better chance if WWE had been willing to allow them to build a following. The likes of Eric Escobar, Carlito and Paul Burchill to name just 3 could have been stars if WWE had allowed them to do so. More importantly, if they had become stars due to fan support, they would have had much more staying power because we would feel a personnally invested in them.

This, to me, explains how so many members of the IWC feel about Christian. Yes, he won the Light-Heavyweight title in his debut match and yes, he was pushed heavily in the tag-team division but once he split from Edge he was largely held back. They may have given him mid-card title wins but he was never given strong reigns with those titles and given some terrible tweaks to his gimmick. It wasn't until he was paired with Chris Jericho that I began to see his potential as a future main-eventer, 5 or 6 years after his debut. Then there's Edge. He was given the initial push with the 2001 KOTR but it still took him 4 1/2 years to pick up his first world title (although he would probably have won it in 2003 if he hadn't broken his neck)

To summarise, we don't like being dictated to, we want to pick the future stars ourselves.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
You make it sound like the iwc (which YOU are a part of) has some kind of hive-mind that dictates everyone's sole opinion on this forum. A quick look through the threads on this forum would tell you everyone has a distinct opinion.

That being said, I would say that people are more vocal when things don't go their way. I know I'm more vocal about it here when I see something I don't agree with.
This!!

With a forum consisting of roughly 200,000 members, you're not going to please everybody. Some people hate guys like Swagger, Drew, Kofi, etc. and others are huge fans. Regardless of who gets pushed, there is always going to be bitching.
And this. It's really not a hard concept to understand. We are all apart of the IWC, including the OP.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I still cant watch McIntyre, dont know why it is, i just dont like the guy, hes as boring to me as the segment on the show every week which involves khali, the bellas etc etc.

However i thnk swagger is a great performer, hes got a interesting moveset in my mind, and who cares if some of it makes you think of angle, its not like every single wrestler can have all unique moves, let alone "finishers or signature" moves.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Swagger, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, Sheamus etc. are very good. IMO they are better than the last wave of main eventers (Cena, Orton and Batista etc.). But they are not as good as Austin, the Rock Triple H, Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho. When they were new After Bret, Shawn, Nash, Hall etc. They simply elevated WWE even higher. I know some people say, "dont compare, attitude era is gone" but thats is not possible.

I dont know what, but Something is not right about the new wrestler's. Maybe these new wrestler's are not natural at all and are totally packaged and programmed which makes them uncomfortable unlike old wrestlers who were 70% themselves and 30% gimmick. Like Mr. Anderson used to say when he was with the wwe.

I think people complain because they have seen much better in the past and they expect something, if not better then atleast on par with what they have seen before.

Its like playing playstation 1's game after playing ps3's. Imagine the difference.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Swagger, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, Sheamus etc. are very good. IMO they are better than the last wave of main eventers (Cena, Orton and Batista etc.). But they are not as good as Austin, the Rock Triple H, Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho. When they were new After Bret, Shawn, Nash, Hall etc. They simply elevated WWE even higher. I know some people say, "dont compare, attitude era is gone" but thats is not possible.

I dont know what, but Something is not right about the new wrestler's. Maybe these new wrestler's are not natural at all and are totally packaged and programmed which makes them uncomfortable unlike old wrestlers who were 70% themselves and 30% gimmick. Like Mr. Anderson used to say when he was with the wwe.

I think people complain because they have seen much better in the past and they expect something, if not better then atleast on par with what they have seen before.

Its like playing playstation 1's game after playing ps3's. Imagine the difference.
You make a good point about newer wrestlers seeming like they're packaged and programmed. It seems like many of these guys are given a gimmick, be it Sheamus being Irish, Drew being Scottish, Kofi being Jamaican, etc., and that's just what they go with as opposed to Austin and Rock just coming out and being larger than life personas. People don't give a shit if you're from a different country and won't love or hate you based on that, you've got to be able to showcase your intangibles to get over.

I'll use Sheamus as an example. Watching many of his recent promos, they guy just screams face to me. He's got a natural charisma about him that he can't show all the time because he's supposed to be this badass Irishman that people are supposed to hate. Give him a little leeway and allow him to just be himself and see where he goes. It's a lot easier for these guys to be comfortable and be effective when they're juicing up their real life personas instead of trying to be something they're not.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
its as simple as this. regardless of who gets the push. you like who you like. you dony like who u dont like. its an opinionated forum. without the difference of opinions and the bashing, it would be no need to form a wrestling community.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It's not people complain specifically about pushing young stars. But obviously if some don't like the guy's their pushing, their going to complain. People aren't going to like certain guys JUST because their new to the main event. That would be stupid. As it stands though, I like Swagger and I'm starting to like Drew, so I'm pretty happy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts