Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE News: New VP of Talent Relations is LPGA veteran
Sep 28, 2011 - 01:11 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sports Business Daily.com is reporting that LPGA VP of Tournament Operations and Player Services, Jane Geddes, is leaving to become the new VP of Talent Relations for WWE. The story quotes Geddes as saying “It just felt like the right time in my life to really make a distinct change like that.”

Shore's Slant: This is probably the open VP spot that has been on the WWE website for some time. Geddes is an interesting choice when you look at what she has done for the LPGA. She helped establish a new scoring system, new qualifying requirements, and led the charge for golf to be added to the 2016 Olympics.
source: prowrestlingDOTnet

I guess Johnny Ace is officially in a new role as an on screen character now as it seems he's finally been replaced, and I must say it's been a long time coming :D.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
It is probably too much to hope this ends with him retiring irl. I am willing to be t this ends wit the character being fired on screen.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
VINTAGE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. fpalm

They should give J.R his position back not some random woman.
where in any of that = political correctness? smh people just say shit now.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
From Wiki:

"In 2004, Laurinaitis was promoted to Vice President of Talent Relations for WWE; in 2007, he became Senior Vice President of Talent Relations. In 2009, he was again promoted to Executive Vice President of Talent Relations."

So it appears she is two spots below Laurinaitis?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Crap, I don't know much about business but how many freaking Vice Presidents do you need? And that's only the Talent Relations side of things!

EDIT: that's assuming somebody actually fills each of those VP roles, and that isn't just a new tag added to his name upon each promotion.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Wonder if this person might ever appear on TV and take his job. Since a normal wwe fan won't really notice/care about the differences in ranks of vp of talent relations, they could take over his job, just don't mention that they're ________ vp of talent relations every promo they're even in for wwe and people will accept the fact that on screen, he's lost his job

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
Yay, more people who could know shit about the wrestling business are now going to be handling the on air talent. More Batista clones and rejected Hollywood actresses.

Gonna be great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts