Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since all of you are such nice and open-minded people, tolerant, fair, objective and friendly (just like 4chan people!) I decided to throw an idea your way.

New Ultimate Warrior - Derrick Bateman.

Look? - Check.
Size? - Close, so, check.
In-ring ability? - Actually, better than UW. Check.
Mic skills? - Better than UW, I feel. Check.

What he still needs:
1. Gimmick.
2. Intensity.
3. Ring presence.
4. Destrucity.

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
(just like 4chan people!)

:lol

Bateman seems like a guy who has the look, excluding the muscle, to be a new Ultimate Warrior.

Though that's true I don't want the guy to be looked upon as a copy, of anything - I think he has the skills and abilities to be more than just a copy. If WWE gave him any chance he could easily become a big face.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Bateman doesnt really need a legacy gimmick to get over. If he slowly gets more matches and a couple of feuds, and do well, then he'll be a mainstay face on SD.

Rerun gimmicks doesnt really work (Ric Flair excluded off course), they will always be compared to the nostalgic view of said wrestler, and Warrior was a very succesfull gimmick, which is still Iconic today. Take ADR, which have a fully established character, with many possiblities, but he always feels lacking, why? He is not on the level of the million dollar man or JBL. Two of the best heels ever. ADR is somehow too likeable, too honest, too much of a face to do this.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have no problem at all with bateman. he is a talented young guy.
I don't see the need to have another ultimate warrior gimmick but why not.

What i don't understand is why are you picking bateman for this one. Is it just a random choice? The hair? I don't understand.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
I like Bateman. I haven't seen that much of him, only his squashes on the main shows, but he has a good look in his eye, like he's really entering into a real fight.

Dunno about reworking the Warrior gimmick. Don't forget, Hellwig is still rocking that persona, plus there are countless anti-Warrior Youtube videos and that Destruction DVD wotsit.

You could certainly take elements of it though. Fuck the face paint and the tassles, but the rope-shaking and the UW version of hulking-up could be reused no probs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like Bateman. I haven't seen that much of him, only his squashes on the main shows, but he has a good look in his eye, like he's really entering into a real fight.

Dunno about reworking the Warrior gimmick. Don't forget, Hellwig is still rocking that persona, plus there are countless anti-Warrior Youtube videos and that Destruction DVD wotsit.

You could certainly take elements of it though. Fuck the face paint and the tassles, but the rope-shaking and the UW version of hulking-up could be reused no probs.

·
Registered
12,927 Posts

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
Since all of you are such nice and open-minded people, tolerant, fair, objective and friendly (just like 4chan people!) I decided to throw an idea your way.

New Ultimate Warrior - Derrick Bateman.

Look? - Check.
Size? - Close, so, check.
In-ring ability? - Actually, better than UW. Check.
Mic skills? - Better than UW, I feel. Check.

What he still needs:
1. Gimmick.
2. Intensity.
3. Ring presence.
4. Destrucity.

What do you guys think?
Not sure how you think Bateman has better mic skills than the Ultimate Warrior, especially since there was NOBODY that could cut a Warrior-esque promo like Jim Hellwig.. to his absolute credit.

Just look at the Renegade in WCW, that's what you get when you try to replicate the gimmick with another wrestler. Jim brought that character alive, attempting to redo that with someone like Derrick Bateman is completely asinine.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Why would you repackage a decent superstar as the Ultimate Warrior?

I mean it's a waste now to do it with Derrick. Plus Hogan isn't around anymore and that's the only feud Warrior is remembered for.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
This literally served no purpose whatsoever and just made you look like an idiot. I think Derrick Bateman has a bright future if he's used right, he doesn't need to be a copy of UW to be successful.
familiarize yourself with the concept of sarcasm...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
familiarize yourself with the concept of sarcasm...
This.

---
Thanks for the replies, firstly.
Secondly, yeah, I don't think such a thing is needed, not at all. I'm pretty sure that WWE won't drop the ball on such a natural babyface, especially since he fits into body archetype Vince likes.

The idea just came to my mind randomly, and I'm guessing he somehow reminded me of UW.

@blarg_
I meant that he has better mic skills in the sense that he is, well, more "normal" and typical.
But after actually remembering some of UW's promos (or, actually, looking them up) I see that I was erroneous with that comment.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
Why would you repackage a decent superstar as the Ultimate Warrior?

I mean it's a waste now to do it with Derrick. Plus Hogan isn't around anymore andthat's the only feud Warrior is remembered for.
What about Warrior/Savage from Wrestlemania 7? Arguably one of the most memorables matches and endings in WWE history.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts