Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for getting everybody's hopes up with the title...

Don't hold your breath, but it would be really cool to see a new title design revealed tonight.

What y'all think?

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Most def. It should be smaller and less flashy for one. The current design looks better than the WHC belt! That's sad.

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
This is the same company that didn't change the title when it became the global title. They didn't even remove 'legend' from the physical title itslf, so I'd be surprised if they actually change it.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
This is the same company that didn't change the title when it became the global title. They didn't even remove 'legend' from the physical title itslf, so I'd be surprised if they actually change it.
Well thats because they was trying to see if Global would be good. And most people from the start was not down with the idea the name.

But TV Belt is a belt of history. We know the name can work and be good. So im pretty sure Once TNA gets the ball going on this idea. They will make it a legit belt with a new Design to come soon.

We know it can be legit. And all the best champions had the TV belt from wcw or ecw ect. Im sure its going to come a new design.

But I understand its hard to make the situation os kurt vs AJ work. Since you want them both over. But it could have been sorta out if a normal person and not Russo was writing it.

Kurt would have to come out on top since he is going for the world tittle. And if he loses he retires storyline. AJ has even said in the past you win some you lose some.

Im sure now that AJ has been taken out of that 10 guys Kurt has to fight. He can now focus on making the TV Belt worthy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They actually did change the legends belt to the global belt. They tacked the word Global over where it said Legends. Strangely they removed it for last weeks show.

As for a new title belt? I'd love to see something reminiscent of the old silver NWA TV title belt because, as has already been said, the current one looks better than the world title strap.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
They actually did change the legends belt to the global belt. They tacked the word Global over where it said Legends. Strangely they removed it for last weeks show.

As for a new title belt? I'd love to see something reminiscent of the old silver NWA TV title belt because, as has already been said, the current one looks better than the world title strap.
Make the belt a silver, smaller version of the WHC with red leather and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I don't think it's going to change. If they really had this thought out, AJ would have thrown down the title during his promo and claimed the Global title a joke belt that he's too good for, so then he takes out a new TV title and says this is the belt he's going to put on the map and make the most prestigious and credible. They could even tie into the whole Fortune deal and say it's a gift from Flair.

The longer the belt goes hanging on to the Legends design the more work AJ is going to have to do establishing the title as legit. It's had 2 years of horrible booking around it and the entire history of it needs to be put in the recycle bin.

If WWE can get away with not making new tag belts and be content with wrestlers carrying two meaningless titles instead of 1 all this time, I guess TNA sees no harm in giving AJ a belt with Rob Terry attached to it lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts