Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to ROH. I've watched ROH on HDnet back on June of 2009 and I've developed an interest in the promotion. I've heard about ROH for years and I watched the HDnet shows and it was really good. Since ROH releases a lot of their shows on DVDs, I was wondering which shows do you guys recommend for an ROH novice beacause I would like to buy their DVDs.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
i'd recomend some of their earlier shows...specifically from the first 5-6 years when they didnt have a weekly show...

heres a link to some of their shows and the best matches from them....

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/indy-media/428674-roh-good-shit-archive.html

my recomendation PUNK. the final chapter.....punk vs colt cabana....mainly just for the emotion in the match, and how overally awesome that match (and after it)was

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts
Get 'Man Up!'.

Other than that it depends on what you're interested in OP. Each person's different. You seem to have Punk and Dragon mentioned in your sig/avy. They wrestled each other at 'Reborn: Stage One' and that card should appeal to a new fan. It was six years ago though.

Maybe you want more current stuff?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I'd recommend the WrestleMania triple shot from 06;
Dragon Gate Challenge, Supercard Of Honor, and Better Than Our Best.

Three great shows from the same weekend that just kept topping each other and featured the stars of Dragon Gate, Danielson, Joe, Styles, Daniels, Strong, Aries, Shelley, Homicide, and Cabana.

All three are all must owns, in all honesty.

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get 'Man Up!'.

Other than that it depends on what you're interested in OP. Each person's different. You seem to have Punk and Dragon mentioned in your sig/avy. They wrestled each other at 'Reborn: Stage One' and that card should appeal to a new fan. It was six years ago though.

Maybe you want more current stuff?
Any shows past or current will be fine. I'm thinking about getting either "World Title Classic", "Unified", or "Respect is Earned"

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Any shows past or current will be fine. I'm thinking about getting either "World Title Classic", "Unified", or "Respect is Earned"
World Title Classic is not a very good show apart from the Joe/Punk match. Maybe get Allied Forces for the bonus disc if you want the Joe/Punk matches.

Unified is fantastic and highly recommended by everyone. It's hard to go wrong with most shows with a Nigel vs. Danielson match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts