Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Credit: TNAinsider
I've had sources from TNA Entertainment absolutely confirm their is a TNA Video Game for the PS3,Xbox 360 and Wii in development . The name most likely for the video game is "TNA iMPACT! 2011" . Originally the release date was secluded for Spring 2011 but was delayed for unknown reason's till Fall 2011 at the latest.

Here are some basic details :

* Developer : SouthPeak Game's
* Engine : Unreal Engine (The same engine that built the 1st TNA iMPACT video game)
* Roster : Mick Foley,Jeff Hardy,Kevin Nash,Sean Waltman,Kevin Nash,Scott Hall,AJ Styles and Hulk Hogan confirmed so far (This could always change)
* New 4-Sided Traditional Ring
* Steel Cage Match
* Ultimate X Match

I have contacted SouthPeak Game's via E-Mail to get more details ... Have yet to respond

From Wikipedia :
On January 26, 2010, it was revealed that SouthPeak Games are in the early stages of developing TNA Impact! 2011, which is scheduled to be released in Spring 2011.

On July 15, 2010 it was announced that Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman would appear in the game individually, although the stable The Band will not. The game also includes new wrestlers like Shannon Moore, Jeff Hardy, Desmond Wolfe and others.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I absolutely loved the first game. Yeah it had it's downfall such as one sided movesets and a lack of match types. But it laid down a great foundation, if you carry on with the same engine and just improve on it, it could easily rival the SvR series.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
YES!!! Looking forward to seeing more info about this.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I hope it's better than the first one, that was horrible (and I'm easily pleased when it comes to computer games)

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
This is going to be horrible.

The first one was piss poor.
Seriously? Just because the first one was horrible (Midway) doesn't mean the second one will be.

The only reason why the first one was bad was lack of entrances, large amount of movesets and certain controls.

Other than that, It was a pretty good game. Graphic wise.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Honestly, if they keep all the old-school guys (Sting, Hogan, Nash, Hall, Waltman, Foley) that alone could make it an awesome game. As long as they take their time with it, and it sounds like they are (if this is true) then I may pick this up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was just looking at games on gamespot, and as I was leaving, the TNA game came to mind, and I was thinking that they should make a new one. I come here seconds later, and I find out about this!

I'm glad Scott Hall, and Sean Waltman made the roster before being let go. I hope it's better than the first one.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I love how they confirm guys like Hall and Waltman before RVD. I kinda enjoyed the first one so I'm definitely interested in checking out the sequel.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I kinda enjoyed playing Ultimate X over and the storyline was alright. Wouldn't say it was a great game though. I had a spell where I enjoyed Legends of Wrestling 1 and 2 despite them being really crap. I would like 6 sides to be an option though

·
Registered
562 Posts
I always thought the first one had a great engine and graphics, only problem was there was no content. No belts, no moves, could only make 4 wrestlers in the limited CAW, outdated roster and whatever else I'm missing.

If they used the same engine/graphics/controls and just added some content I'd absolutely love it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The first game was not bad. This one will probably be a little better, but WWE's game is so good, I think it would take years for someone like South Peak to even come close. I'll probably buy it, though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The first one was alright but hope in the second one there will be actual title belts, more moves, actual arenas that TNA have used (Impact Zone, Asylum, PPV arena), more match types, and Knockouts.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts