Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Jomo seemingly getting another chance at a push, would now be a good time to give him a new entrance theme and if so do you have any suggestions

Note: Please try to stay on topic because alot of people don't like morrison and we all get that, this is not a thread about how much you like or dislike the guy, or how much you want him of your tv screen, see it this way, he's gonna be around for quite a while so you might as well live with your like or dislike of the guy for the time being.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think he should keep his current theme. The crowd likes it, he has a good look and entrance when he comes out to it. It is one of the things that actually works with his character... so I would keep what little character aspects he has that are working for him currently. The theme can also be used if he goes back to being a heel as he has been a good part of his career. I say keep the theme and focus on some of the other aspects of his character before trying to change things that already work well for him.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I see no reason to give him a new theme song , and have no idea what else would even work for him

A suggestion would be a fun but pointless thing to do unfortunatley :/ they always get custom made new songs for everyone

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
His current theme suits him, but it somehow lacks energy to hype the crowds. When you hear Christian's "GO!" intro on his theme you feel excited, even if you're not a fan. JoMo's current theme doesn't really have it, imo. A new theme will do no harm, i guess.

·
Banned
542 Posts
If its not broken dont fix it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
As it's been said, I think his current theme suits him very well, true I think it's not a great song like Christians but it really does fit JoMo really well.

BTW best of luck keeping all the morrison haters out lol

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I know a lot of people like John Morrison's theme song. I actually have never liked it, and would not be opposed to him getting a new one. Honestly though, new theme music really wouldn't change much.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Does Morrison even have a gimmick anymore? They've seemingly abandoned all elements of every one of his previous personas.

He's not an A-Lister anymore. He doesn't act like a Hollywood movie star.

He's not portraying the rockstar image. He's still monotone, but he doesn't speak in lyrics or poetic phrases. He's not trying to be Jim Morrison at the moment.

He basically just dresses the same, and that's it. It's like Shawn Michaels being the religious do-gooder and still coming out with chaps and gyrations like the male stripper character he once portrayed.

Just strange.

Anyhow, I don't really see any immediate need for Morrison to change his theme. An upgrade wouldn't be terrible though. If he could play the part of Jim Morrison and come out to a Hendrix tune, then I don't see why it'd be a major problem now.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I think his gimmick is 'Does Parkour on his free time'

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
I'm not a big fan, but it's decent enough. The entrance as a whole works very well. What they don't need to do is take his well known theme and change it to confuse the crowd and ruin all pops (R-Truth), or just change it into an embarassment (DiBiase).

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If its not broken dont fix it.
Pretty much this. Unless he gets a radical character change, there's absolutely no reason to change his current theme. The Hendrix-esque rock, the pyro, and the slow-mo all work very well for his character.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Yes, change it, it sucks. And I'm not saying it sucks because Morrison has it, it just sucks. That theme really needs to go.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Might as well. His current theme song is meant for a rockstar. Other than his sunglasses, everything else about John Morrison - the resident rockstar - is gone. He dosen't wear fur coats to the ring, he dosen't speak in a poetic tone, and even the flashy pants are becoming more generic. No personality, no character, nothing. Just a guy with a 60s entrance theme.

It's becoming obvious that if there is ever a chance for John Morrison to become a main-eventer, the rockstar gimmick has to go completely.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
They should change that and his in-ring attire

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
They should give him Five to One by The Doors. That song kicks ass.

Then on Survivor Series, he should call the audience idiots and slaves. The buy rates would be off the roof.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts