Wrestling Forum banner

New theme for a Smackdown superstar "SPOILER ALERT"

5712 Views 29 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Prospekt's March
At this week's Smackdown tapings, it has been reported that 'Dashing' (or not so dashing) Cody Rhodes came out to a new theme before beating Trent Barreta in what was essentially a squash match. Now the only reason I made this thread is because I just want to speculate on what the theme might be, in case people have heard anything. The best I have is that this theme could be the song 'Anger' which was recorded by Shaman's Harvest for WWE (which they revealed on their facebook page). It seems to fit into his new psychotic character so that's my best guess. However, I haven't heard any comments on the theme. For all I know, it could be an instrumental theme which blows my theory out of the water. I'm basically hoping for a spoiler within a spoiler thread, if you get me.

But what I want to ask is, considering his previous theme 'Smoke and Mirrors' was on the whole quite popular (especially with John Cena :p lol), why are WWE changing his theme? My theory for this is firstly, this new psychotic angle he has isn't short-term, so he'll have it for a while (which I'm fine with because his promos have been gold). Also, was it changed because WWE are preparing to push Rhodes? (aside from his match against the 2nd biggest babyface on Smackdown) It's just that new themes are often accompanied by big pushes (depending on the theme). Rhodes' previous theme worked for his character and helped establish his gimmick, but it wasn't a 'main event' theme as in, you couldn't imagine him closing out Smackdown or closing out a PPV after winning a world title with that theme. But like I said, I haven't heard any comments on it so I can't tell whether the theme is a step forwards or backwards. I'm certain it's a step forwards but I wouldn't mind knowing for sure.

What do you all think about the change in theme? what it'll bring for Cody or what the theme actually is (and if there are replies, I expect some pisstakes haha :p)?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
6,867 Posts
Oh you have got to be shitting me.

Do you realize how hard it was for me to WAIT for the full theme to come out, ONLY TO HAVE IT CHANGED..?

BS. That song was super unique and genius.

· P.O.P., hold it down
23,119 Posts
Oh you have got to be shitting me.

Do you realize how hard it was for me to WAIT for the full theme to come out, ONLY TO HAVE IT CHANGED..?

BS. That song was super unique and genius.
This. But I understand because he's gonna be a psychotic lunatic, I don't think "Smoke and Mirrors" really fits that gimmick. Kinda like "Burn In My Light" when Orton was turning into the Viper character didn't really fit.

· Registered
4,209 Posts
Cody Rhodes beat Trent Barreta. I didn't get a good look at the finish, but I believe he used the mask to headbutt Barreta. Wade Keller can finally rejoice, as they changed Cody's music. It's now a lot more dark and now his mirror-tron shows a fun house style twisted image. He came out in a suit again and wrestled the short match that way.

PWTorch.com
Really clever idea to have Rhodes' entrance routine modified to fit his gimmick, especially love the fun house styled mirror.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really clever idea to have Rhodes' entrance routine modified to fit his gimmick, especially love the fun house styled mirror.
The next Matt Borne, a great heel with a great gimmick. Hopefully he gets the Mankind push though because he deserves to be a World Champion, though it'd be good to see him with the IC title first.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Smoke Mirrors are gone for now! You can't see me! My face is row!

· Fear Me!
3,413 Posts
Just when I was starting to love his "Smoke & Mirrors" theme. :(

It makes sense to give him a theme song that fits with his current character, though. I just hope it's good.

· Registered
393 Posts
Smoke N mirrors is awesome.
It sounds old but it is new.
It feels retro in some way :)

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts
I understand the change but they've taken the awesomeness away too soon! :(
He's only had that masterpiece of a theme for only a few months.
That theme made Cody Rhodes! This new one better be the best song in the world.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.