Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else prefer the new style of trons WWE is trying out on SD(with guys like Mysterio,Kane) where the Tron connects with their LED minitron.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's interesting. While we've all grown accustomed to the concept of having entrance videos, I think with all this HD technology that simplifying things with this new video concept could actually enhance the overall quality of the visual product. On top of that, entrance videos have severely nosedived in quality over the last couple years, so I'm up for them at least giving it a shot.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I like the old style better. I guess I could get use to the new style of titantrons. I don't understand how like let's say John Morrison would enter the ring and on the titantron one week would be his titantron with his studio clips and action in the ring and stuff. Then the next week would be his minitron on the titantron with the psychedelic colors going on.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I like the old style better. I guess I could get use to the new style of titantrons. I don't understand how like let's say John Morrison would enter the ring and on the titantron one week would be his titantron with his studio clips and action in the ring and stuff. Then the next week would be his minitron on the titantron with the psychedelic colors going on.
What's the difference between that and changing a guy's theme music?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I don't understand your response. I'm talking strictly titantrons here. Are you saying that John Morrison needs a new theme?
No, absolutely not, I love his theme lol.

You said that you didn't understand how they could change his titantron from highlight package to "psychedelic colors." I'm just saying that that change is no different than changing his music. Unless, of course, I was the one to misunderstand your response. In that case, please ignore me haha. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Oh i see. I'm just saying that sometimes they would show a superstar's actual titantron one week and then the next week they will show their minitron (i.e. Kane's fire, Orton's RKO and wings logo, Sheamus' Cross logo, Undertakers lightning/tombstone etc.), then the next week they are back to titantrons. Maybe they are testing out the new style of titantrons to see how they look. I just personally prefer the titantrons with the wrestler doing wrestling moves in-sync with their theme. Call me old fashion lol

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Haha. I understand now. I like these new ones because I'm old fashioned, too. Like, mid-90s, when it was just the, like, 9x9 block screen that turned into the superstars logo lol. I always loved those. These would be pretty much the same, but animated, and would look awesome.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Haha. I understand now. I like these new ones because I'm old fashioned, too. Like, mid-90s, when it was just the, like, 9x9 block screen that turned into the superstars logo lol. I always loved those. These would be pretty much the same, but animated, and would look awesome.
Really I didn't know that about the titantrons in the mid-90s. I started watching wrestling religiously in 2001 right when the Invasion angle kicked off. I'm use to motion/action in a superstar's titantron lol.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

That's an example. Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania IX.

·
Registered
582 Posts

That's an example. Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania IX.
Ok I take that back. That reminds me of Shawn Michaels entering the Royal Rumble in 1995/96 and it had his Heart Break Kid logo in the titantron. Thanks for the video. I still prefer the titantrons with wrestling in them lol. I guess i can get use to the logos.

·
Banned
542 Posts
I hate the new theme set of for trons they should really go back to the old way. Btw their doing this on Raw too.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
It's interesting. While we've all grown accustomed to the concept of having entrance videos, I think with all this HD technology that simplifying things with this new video concept could actually enhance the overall quality of the visual product. On top of that, entrance videos have severely nosedived in quality over the last couple years, so I'm up for them at least giving it a shot.

The nosedive in quality is because obviously someone can't be arsed with them. Hire me or anyone else on here and we probably could do a better job. A multi millionaire company like the WWE should be able to hire someone with a high creative flair to make the titantrons as innovative as possible.

I hate all this HD and lighting bollocks though. I miss the grittiness from the attitude era.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
It's different for different people I think.

I remember seeing Nexus with an actually video, wheras Orton had a big flashing 'RKO'.

Will be interesting to see how they build on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts