Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Assuming this team of director J.D. Dillard (Sleight) and writer Matt Owens (Marvel's Luke Cage) doesn't get dismantled due to "creative differences" before the movie is made, I am intrigue by this project.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,498 Posts
Oh shit, a black guy's take on Star Wars? The story obviously has to pick up with Mace Windu landing on a carefully placed speeder outside of Chancellor Palpatine's office, he then uses the cover of Order 66 and the ensuing mayhem to disappear so he doesn't have to pay all his credits to his 14 baby mamas in youngling support.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,751 Posts
Oh shit, a black guy's take on Star Wars? The story obviously has to pick up with Mace Windu landing on a carefully placed speeder outside of Chancellor Palpatine's office, he then uses the cover of Order 66 and the ensuing mayhem to disappear so he doesn't have to pay all his credits to his 14 baby mamas in youngling support.
If that happened, it would make for a fun movie that's for sure.
Like your idea there,

Peace.

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
Ok. You might get crap for mentioning a black director picks up the only prequel black character, but I do want a Mace Windu spin-off. I'd love that.

Mace Windu post-sequels smuggling baby Yoda for 50 years. That gets me in the theaters at midnight.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,498 Posts
Ok. You might get crap for mentioning a black director picks up the only prequel black character, but I do want a Mace Windu spin-off. I'd love that.

Mace Windu post-sequels smuggling baby Yoda for 50 years. That gets me in the theaters at midnight.
Kidding aside I do think a Mace Windu movie is essential, they Boba Fett'ed him-- built up a cool character only for them to be unceremoniously killed off without doing anything. If they could right the wrongs with Boba by un killing him they should do the same with Mace, or at least give us a spin off prequel of his adventures before Order 66.

·
Registered
12,400 Posts
Star Wars has been in developmental hell for a while now.

There's a constant supply of rumors Kennedy, finally, is getting the boot. The Obi-Wan tv show is stop and go. Dumb and Dumber from game of thrones geting hired and fired. Ruin getting his own trilogy then getting the fired. The Mandalorian was good, and if rumors are true that Kennedy and her hack sycophants are bared from set there's hope for the future. The sequel trilogy speaks for its abominable self. And the originals have been edited into mediocrity.

I don't know enough about this director to get excited one way or the other, but with all the turmoil going on I'm not getting invested in any star wars project until a release date is set. Even then I'll wait till some spoilers land because I am NOT sitting through another Last Jedi abortion.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow people are really clamoring for a Mace Windu movie? He was such a nothing of a character. He barely did anything.

They'd have to completely revamp the character from the ground up in order to make him interesting. Beyond that I don't think anyone is excited to see a celibate SLJ act stoic and creepy for 2.5 hours.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the foreseeable future I only want to watch Star Wars characters and stories that have yet to be adapted or created; outside of the Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Mandalorian series.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,208 Posts
A new Star Wars project scares me given the last trilogy.

I don't think it matters who directs or writes, as long as Crazy KK is running the show and the Disney weasels wringing their hands for money back her up.

A black guy's take could work well, if anyone seen Iron Fist, the only episode where Danny didn't suck and look like a modern day Flower Knight was the episode Rza directed. It also was the best episode which tells me a lot about how modern directing doesn't benefit the characters much. Rza actually focused on the character and had the show been like that, it would have been good.

And who knows, maybe we'll get black male character that isn't the "Comedy black man chasing around the mediocre looking white girl" and actually get some characters with actual traits. Ha! Who am I kidding, if it's another trilogy we'll get a Rey/Rose Tico 2.0 as the lead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts