Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading some of the different posts in here and an idea came to me. I'm thinking about doing a PPV card. This wouldn't be a regular PPV though. Frankly it would be impossible. I'm talking about doing a Best of The Best PPV. Wrestlers past and present compete in their primes against the best in the business. From guys like HHH and Brock Lesnar, to Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, and Andre the Giant. I figure I'll go ahead and write up the card, but if you guys have any interest, I'll post it here when I'm done.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds great! I've always wanted to make a fantasy "Survivor Series" card, done in the style I remember watching. "Teams of 5 Strive to Survive" was the old tag-line. I used to love watching guys coming out, wearing outfits to match their partners (Ahmed Johnson w/LOD, that kind of thing)

How 'bout you come up with a Wrestlemania type PPV, and I'll make a Survivor Series card, and we can both post 'em?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It sounds good, but we'll see when the final project comes out. But other than that, go for it, I'm interested to see what comes out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry it took me so long to respond, had alot of stuff going on at school lately. I'll throw together a Wrestlemania type card like you suggested, and hopefully have it up either later tonight, or by tomorrow.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay guys, now I expect someone to have a disagreement with the matches I ligned out, or wonder why certain wrestlers were left out, but understand this was just all off the top of my head over the last couple hours. Anyways, here's the card. If the matches are accepted relatively well, I'll go ahead and write out the show.

Your Announce Team: Lance Russell, Vince McMahon (circa 1993), and Mike Tenay

Match 1: Intercontinental Tournament Match Jeff Jarrett vs. Owen Hart

Match 2: 6-Man Tag Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, & Tully Blanchard vs. Bautista, Randy Orton, and Ronnie Garvin

Match 3: Tag Team Rumble (9 teams each send one man to the ring for a rumble, the last two competitors are joined by their partners for a tag match for the titles) The Freebirds (Michael Hayes), The Dudley Boyz (D-Von), Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton), New Age Outlaws, (Roaddog), America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris), The Eliminators (Perry Saturn), Road Warriors (Hawk), Hardy Boyz (Matt Hardy), The Outsiders (Scott Hall)

Match 4: Intercontinental Title Match 2 Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. The Ultimate Warrior

Match 5: Triple Threat for the Woman's Title Trish Stratus vs. Chyna vs. Medusa

Match 6: Cage Match John Cena vs. Paul Orndorff

Match 7: I Quit Match Brian Pillman vs. Magnum TA

Match 8: Last Man Standing Stan Hansen vs. Bill Goldberg

Match 9: Intercontinental Title Finals Piper/Warrior vs. Hart/Jarrett

Match 10: Cruiserweight 4-Way Dance (All four men enter and wrestle at once. Elimination is acheived by pinfall or submission until one man is remaining) Keiji Muto (The Great Muta), Blitzkrieg, Amazing Red, Rey Misterio Jr.

Match 11: SUPER WARGAMES TERRITORY WARFARE (4 teams of 4 superstars, each representing a different territory. 2 teams will face each other in your basic Survivor Series format. The 2 winning teams will go on to face each other in the dual ring cage known as WarGames.) Team WWE (Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, HBK Shawn Michaels) Team WCW (Sting, Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Cactus Jack) Team NWA (Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Kerry Von Erich, A.J. Styles) Team AWA (Larry Zbyszko, Curt Hennig, Jerry Lawler, Rick Martel)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jarrett makes his way to the ring first, testing the ropes as he awaits his opponent. Owen Hart's music hits, and he makes his way to the ring to a chorus of "You Suck" chants similar to the ones received by Kurt Angle. Referree Earl Hebner pats each man down, then calls for the bell. Jarrett and Hart meet in the middle of the ring in a collar and elbow tie up. Jarrett backs Owen into the corner and Hebner begins a five count. Jeff breaks at four and backs out cleanly. They again lock in the middle of the ring, only to see Owen quickly slide around into a go-behind and take Jeff to the mat on his stomach. Owen then floats over into a front chancellory. Jarrett works his way to his feet, where Hart applies a side headlock. Jeff breaks and sends Owen into the ropes, meeting him with a dropkick in the center of the ring. Jarrett then attempts to suplex Hart over the top rope to the outside, but Owen lands on his feet on the ring apron. He then drops to the floor, pulling Jarrett's throat down across the top rope. Hart climbs the ropes and hits a missile dropkick on Jarrett as he gets to his feet. Owen whips Jeff into the ropes, then belly-to-belly suplexes him over the top, to the outside floor. Jarrett lands awkwardly, and immediately clutches his knee. Owen goes to the outside, where he sets Jeff for a fisherman suplex; but instead of carrying him on over, he brings him back down face first, driving his knee into the floor. Jarrett is then rolled back into the ring, where Hart hits two German suplexes. Owen then goes to the top again, and attempts a frog splash, only to see Jarrett brings his knees up. The impact damages Jeff's knee further and he can't get to his feet. Owen recovers and applies the sharpshooter, to which Jeff immediately taps out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before Jarrett or Hart can clear the ring, Arn & Ole Anderson and Tully Blanchard hit the ring, representing 3 of the 4 Horsemen. Owen wisely cuts his victory celebration short, and rolls from the ring. All three men stand in the ring facing the entrance, as Motorhead's Evolution theme blasts through the speakers. Randy Orton and Batista make their way to the ring, Orton as usual, has a sly grin on his face. Randy gets on the mic and addresses the apparent conflict of issues, that has left the Horseman without a leader, and Evolution without a mentor (Flair).
Orton-"Who would of thought it? Imagine, one man, changes the face of professional wrestling. One man does things in this business that no other man has done, or ever will do for that matter. One man, lays the groundwork for two of the most dominant groups of athletes to ever set foot in this squared circle. And now, imagine, these two groups are brought together, on the greatest stage of all, and are actually going to wage war. These two groups are going to take this hollowed ground that we call home, and paint it with their own blood. These two..."
At this point, Arn takes the mic from his hand, dips his head slightly, and glares at Orton as if he were looking over the top of a pair of glasses.
A. Anderson-"Now you can stop right there boy. Take a step back and look around. Just take a second, and have a look at what's looking you in the eye. The three men before you helped make this business what it is. You're looking at Horsemen son. We are not a "dominant group of athletes". We're Horsemen. We've traveled around the world, and sold out every arena we walked into. For 20 plus years, we lived the life we preached in this ring. The cars, the girls, the money; all the glamour and glitz, we lived it. Now, do you really want to put yourself on that level? Are you willing to look at us and say, ' Yeah, the Horsemen are amazing, but I'm just like them. I've done it all too.'? Now you've got spunk, I'll give you that much. But so did Sting, so did Chris Benoit. Hell, even Paul Roma had a little spunk. But take a look at those guys. They don't carry the Horsemen banner anymore. They couldn't cut it, and neither can you boy."
Dave Batista takes the mic and begins to speak, only to be jumped from behind by Tully Blanchard. With Batista on the mat, Ole tosses Orton over the top, and all three men go to work and Batista. Suddenly the crowd pops, and we see the familiar blond spiked hair running through the crowd....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tully Blanchard goes to the outside, and begins to lay into Randy Orton. Known for his taped-fist matches, it only takes 3 of Tully's punches to send Orton to the floor. As Blanchard reaches down to pick Orton up, he is greeted by a steel chair to the back of the head. "Hands of Stone" Ron Garvin jumps the barrier, and immediately lays into Tully Blanchard, rekindling their old NWA feud. With that, the bell rings, as Orton and Batista's partner makes his presence felt. In the ring, Arn Anderson lays into Batista's left leg with repeated knee shots, while Ole blatantly chokes him out, only releasing at the referee's count of 4. With Garvin occupying Blanchard on the outside, Orton recovers enough to climb back into the ring. Ole stands, and begins to put the boots to Batista, just as Orton enters the ring. Neither Anderson notices the new body in the ring, and Orton capitalizes by immediately hitting the RKO on Ole Anderson. Arn quickly comes to his feet, and breaks up Randy's pin attempt. This allows Batista to roll to the outside, and attempt to rest his injured left leg. Garvin and Blanchard exchange punches on the outside and Tully is soon cut above his left eye. In the ring, Arn breaks up the pin and whips Orton into the corner. 3 or 4 kicks to the stomach, and then Orton is sent into the ropes. He ducks Arn's clothesline, spins him around, and hits the RKO on him as well. Now both Anderson's are layed out in the ring, while Orton slumps in the corner. Outside the ring, Blanchard ducks a Garvin punch, and atomic drops him face-first into the ring post. The stumbling Garvin is then suplexed through the announce table and laid out. On the opposite side of the ring, Batista pulls Ole Anderson to the outside, and sends him into the steel steps. Orton climbs to the second rope, and goes for a cross body, but Arn gets the boot up, and catches Randy in the mouth. Arn stumbles to his feet, as Batista slides in the ring and waits behind him. As Arn turns, Batista rushes him, looking for a lariat, but instead runs right into a spine buster by Double-A. Blanchard pulls Orton to the outside, and sends him into the retaining wall, where his momentum carries him over and into the crowd. Garvin begins to pull himself from the remnants of the broken table, as Ole joins Arn in the ring and they begin to double team Batista. The Andersons whip Batista into the ropes and go for the double clothesline; however, Garvin grabs the leg of Ole Anderson, and Batista catches Arn with a boot to the face. Ole goes to the outside with Ron Garvin, while Batista powerbombs Arn in the middle of the ring. Meanwhile, Randy Orton and Tully Blanchard have come back through the crowd, and are both climbing over the retaining wall. Batista hits a second sit-out powerbomb, while on the outside, Ron Garvin pounds Ole Anderson’s head against the ringsteps. As Batista backs up to the ropes, Orton lifts a chair to hit Blanchard, and inadvertently catches the back of Batista’s head, laying him out next to Arn. As Orton looks on in shock, Blanchard low blows him, then takes the chair and slides into the ring. He steps over Batista, to choke him out, but Garvin spins him around. Tully brings the chair up to protect his face, but “Hands of Stone” punches his tape fist squarely into the chair, sending it back into Blanchard’s face. The bloodied Tully falls to the mat only to land across the chest of Batista. As Arn pulls Garvin down by the leg, the official counts to 1,2,3 and the Horsemen get the win.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What more is there to space out? The first post was the promo, then I started the match on the next post, so that they didn't run together. All you have to do is read them both to tell the difference

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The next post will be the tag-team royal rumble. The action will take up enough space, so don't expect too many promos, lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Okay, this is the beginning of the Tag Team Royal Rumble, I'm posting it in two parts because it is rather long...

As the EMTs' remove the wrestlers from the ring, our crew begins to clean up the carnage outside the ring. All 9 men enter the ring. No pyro or music, it looks more like a funeral walk than a ring entrance. Michael Hayes, Scott Hall, Perry Saturn, Ricky Morton, D-Von Dudley, Matt Hardy, RoadWarrior Hawk, Chris Harris, and RoadDog stand in the ring, all eyeing one another, waiting for the bell.
The bell sounds and after a moment of trepidation, Ricky Morton lays into Matt Hardy with chops, while Scott Hall attacks D-Von with repeated elbows to the back of his head. Across the ring, RoadDog repeatedly jabs Hawk, only to see him absorb them all and put R.D. on his back with a clothesline. Perry Saturn and Chris Harris both go after Michael Hayes and double-team him in the corner. Hall knocks D-Von down to a knee, then takes advantage with a gut wrench suplex. Hawk picks up R.D. and military presses him over his head, before slamming him in the middle of the ring. In the corner, Matt Hardy has turned the tide, and is now on the 2nd rope punching Morton. Hall creeps in behind Matt, and hits the Razor's Edge, dropping Matt across the body of RoadDog. Ricky Morton then comes out of the corner and dropkick's Hall's legs out from under him. Meanwhile, Perry Saturn has Michael Hayes in a sharpshooter, while Chris Harris applies a front face lock to Hayes. Hawk rushes Saturn, but Saturn sees it coming, releases Hayes, and meets Hawk with a superkick to the jaw. Harris holds the front face lock on Hayes, but brings him to a standing position, and goes for a suplex. Hayes reverses in mid-air, and drops down behind Harris where he immediately German suplexes him, up and over the top rope. ELIMINATION #1: Chris Harris

Ricky Morton notices Hayes sagging on the ropes, and attempts to clothesline him over, but Hayes holds on, and Morton's momentum carries him up and over. ELIMINATION #2: Ricky Morton

D-Von gets back to his feet, and begins to exchange punches with Hawk. Saturn joins in, and lays both men out with a double clothesline. Hardy and Hall both get up at the same time, and Matt Hardy chops away at Hall's chest. Hall retaliates and sends Hardy into the corner, He follows him into the corner with a splash that almost sends Hall over the top to the outside. Hardy catches his legs, and slams Hall back to the mat (similar to what Bob Holly does.) Across the ring, Saturn hits a T-Bone suplex on D-Von as Hawk struggles to get to his feet. Road Dog, who has gotten some strength back, races across the ring, and goes for the flying forearm on Saturn. Only Perry sees it coming and ducks it, while D-Von pulls the top rope down while trying to get to his feet. Road Dog's speed carries him on over the top rope, to the floor. ELIMINATION #3: Road Dog.

Michael Hayes crosses the ring, but is cut off by Matt Hardy who catches him with a right. The two exchange punches, while Scott Hall rests in the corner. Saturn brings D-Von to his feet, but is hit from behind by Hawk. Hawk tries to military press Perry, but Perry slides off behind him, and hits an inverted DDT. D-Von bumrushes Saturn, but is met with a spinebuster. Hall sneaks around and picks up Hawk, and lowblows him. He then clotheslines Hawk over the top rope and out. ELIMINATION #4: RoadWarrior Hawk.

Saturn turns to Scott Hall, and they go nose to nose. Meanwhile, Hardy sends Michael Hayes into the ropes, but D-Von steps in and goes for the flapjack. Matt seizes the opportunity and grabs Hayes' head on the way down, and we see the 3-D. Hardy gets to his feet and goes to high-five D-Von. D-Von hugs him, then belly-to-belly suplexes him. Suddenly, Hall and Saturn turn and double clothesline D-Von over the top rope. ELIMINATION #5: D-Von Dudley.

Hall then turns and kicks away at Perry Saturn's knee. Matt Hardy slowly climbs to his feet. He sees the prone Hayes, and goes to the top rope to attempt a swanton. As he comes off, Hayes rolls out of the way, and quickly gets to his feet. He picks up Matt Hardy and bodyslams him, then drops an elbow between his legs. As Hardy clutches himself, Hayes grabs him by the legs and catapults him, into the corner post, and over to the floor. ELIMINATION #6: Matt Hardy.

As Hall works on Saturn's knee, Hayes grabs him from behind and hits an atomic drop. Hayes then goes to the 2nd rope and drops an elbow across Hall's throat. As he gets back to his feet, Saturn spins him around and hits a Death Valley Driver. Hayes is knocked out cold and all Saturn has to do is lift him up and over, eliminating Michael P.S. Hayes. ELIMINATION #7: Michael Hayes.

Now we are down to the final two. Perry Saturn is joined in the ring by John Kronus, while Scott Hall is joined by Kevin Nash.

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
Awesome man, shame that the Hardy Boyz got eliminated, looking forward to the War Games match.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
had a late night tonight, but I'll wrap up the Outsiders/Eliminators match tomorrow, and try and do the Roddy Piper/Ultimate Warrior match.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saturn and Kronus stand together, while Kevin Nash and Scott Hall talk in the corner. An official makes his way to the ring and signals for the bell. After wrestling a match like they just did, Saturn and Hall opt to let their respective partners begin the match. Kronus and Nash lock up in the middle of the ring in a collar and elbow tie-up. Nash hits a knee to Kronus's midsection, then short-arm clotheslines him to the mat. Nash goes to one knee beside John, and hits 4 or 5 punches to the head. He then picks him up and goes for a standing suplex, only to have Kronus block it, and roll Nash up in a small package. Kronus only gets a 1 count, as Kevin immediately kicks out. Both men get to their feet, with Nash getting there quicker. He sends Kronus into the corner and follows him in. Before he can hit his clothesline, Kronus explodes out of the corner with a superkick. And just like that, the pace of this match has turned as Kronus is on his knees in the corner, and Nash is layed out in the middle of the ring. The referee begins his 10 count, as both men try and regain their energy. Kronus begins to crawl towards his corner, as Nash struggles to lift his head off the mat. Kronus somersaults through, and gets the tag on Saturn, just as Nash sits up and leans for Hall. Perry leaps over the sitting Nash, and back elbows Hall, then rebounds off the ropes and dropkicks the Nash in the head. Saturn picks Nash up and attempts a Northern Lights suplex, only to have Scott Hall re-enter the ring, and club him from behind. Hall puts the boots to Saturn, while Nash gets back to his feet, and joins in. Neither man notices that John Kronus has ascended the ropes, and is lying in wait at the top. When both men get into position, Kronus leaps off and catches both with a cross-body. The referee tries to regain some form of control, and manages to get both Kronus and Hall back into their respective corners. Nash gets to his feet, while Saturn is still taking a knee in the corner. Nash approaches, but Saturn hits a quick thrust-kick to the abdomen that sends Nash stumbling into the center of the ring. Saturn goes to the 2nd rope, and comes off with a double ax-handle, but Nash gets his leg in the air high enough to hit the big boot on Saturn as he comes down. Nash then lifts Saturn up, and whips him into the corner. He hits the patented knee lifts, and the measured elbow. Saturn stumbles out, and Nash hits a sidewalk slam, then tags in Hall. Hall quickly enters and again puts the boots to Saturn. He tries to catch Kronus off guard with a fist, but Kronus blocks it, and hits a punch of his own. As Kronus and Hall argue back and forth, with the referee attempting to break it up. Nash sneaks in, and hits a huge powerbomb on Perry Saturn. The referee finally separates the two man, and Hall immediately goes for the cover. He only gets a two count, as Perry gets a shoulder up at the last moment. Hall cinches in a rear chin-lock as the crowd gathers behind Saturn and begins to chant his name. Saturn slowly makes it to his feet, now in a standing side headlock, and makes his way to the corner. Saturn walks up the turnbuckles, while Hall maintains the headlock. Saturn gets to the top and pushes off, sending both men to the mat, where Saturn lands atop Scott Hall. Both men lay in the ring, as the ref again begins a 10 count. Kronus finally gets the hot tag, and leaps the top rope into the ring. Hall stands and leans toward Nash for a tag, only to be dropkicked from behind, sending his forehead into Nash's jaw, knocking Kevin from the mat. Saturn makes his way around the ring to Kevin Nash, while Kronus hits a German suplex on Scott Hall. Saturn grabs a chair on the way around the ring and comes up behind Nash. In the ring, Kronus goes to the top rope, and hits a somersault leg drop off the top rope, to the throat of Scott Hall. He covers, but only gets the two count, as Saturn throws the chair towards Nash. To Perry's surprise, Nash catches the chair, and takes a swing at his head. Saturn ducks the swing, and hits a thrust kick to Kevin's chest. Before the big man can go down, Saturn goes behind and hits a T-Bone suplex on Nash, dropping him on the chair. In the ring, Kronus sends Hall into the ropes and hits a spinkick, as Saturn slides in the ring. Both men stand Hall in the middle of the ring, and the crowd pops crazy knowing what's coming next. Kronus hits the roundhouse to the face, while Saturn's leg sweep catches Hall behind the knees. Total Elimination lays out Scott, as John Kronus covers for the 1..2..3

On my next break between classes, I'm gonna try and post the Ultimate Warrior vs. Roddy Piper match.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our ring crew clears our ring as we head right into our next match. Kronus and Saturn make their way through the curtain into the back, and then the bagpipes begin. Sporting the black leather jacket, white "Hotrod" T-shirt, and the patented kilt, Rowdy Roddy Piper makes his way down the aisle to the ring. Piper climbs in the ring and his music fades out. After a short pause, we hear that familiar guitar riff that can only mean one thing: Here comes the Warrior! The curtains explode as the Warrior charges out of the backstage area and storms the ring. He leaps to the mat, and runs the ropes, leaning back and shaking them up and down. Warrior enters the ring, and climbs the 2nd turnbuckle to acknowledge the crowd. As he points to the masses, Piper grabs his ankles and pulls his feet out from under him, dropping his chin onto the top turnbuckle. Piper turns Warrior around, and immediately starts in with the punches. Head and body shots from the former boxer quickly do there damage as the Warrior slumps back in the corner. Piper gives him one more shot to the jaw which drops him to the mat. He then leans in on Warrior, jamming his knee into the side of Warrior's head while he sits in the corner. The ref begins his 5 count and Piper backs out, only to go right back in, this time with kicks to Warrior's abdomen. Piper breaks at the 4-count, then lifts Warrior up and sends him across the ring to the opposite corner, following him in with a clothesline. Roddy backs up, sizes up the Warrior, and goes for another clothesline, only to have Warrior explode out of the corner and hit him with a shoulderblock first. Warrior hits the ropes then hits Piper with a clothesline, hits the opposite ropes, and hits a 2nd clothesline as Piper gets to his feet. Warrior goes for a 3rd, but Piper wisely slides to the outside to slow the pace. Piper grabs at Warrior's ankle and gets him to roll to the outside. As he comes out, Piper goes in. When Warrior slides back in, Piper catches him with a boot to the head, keeping him down on the mat. Piper hits two quick knee drops to the head, then cinches in a camel clutch. Piper seems to be in control until the crowd gets behind Warrior, and he starts to shake his fists. He gets to one knee, but Piper leaps up, and brings all his weight back down on the Warrior's back. Warrior again gets to his hands and knees, this time continuing up, and getting to his feet, with Piper still clutching his back. Piper begins to rake his eyes, so Warrior backs him into the corner, and squishes him between himself and the turnbuckle. Piper drops to the mat, as Warrior begins to feel the energy of the fans. He gives Roddy 3 quick boots, then pulls him up and whips him into the ropes, intending to hit the clothesline/shoulderblock combo that usually ended his matches. Piper comes off the ropes, ducks the clothesline and gets Warrior in a sleephold, dead in the center of the ring. The crowd begins to boo, as we see yet another wear-down hold from Piper. The hold is effective though, as Warrior quickly drops to one knee. Piper keeps the hold tightened, but once again, the Warrior feeds off the noise of the crowd, and works his way back to his feet. Two elbows break Piper's sleeperhold as the Warrior sends him into the ropes. He lifts Roddy high above his head, military presses him, and drops him to the mat behind him. Warrior immediately hits the ropes, and connects on 3 consecutive clotheslines. He then goes for the big splash, but Piper rolls out of the way, and Warrior crashes to the mat. Roddy comes off the rope, and hits an elbow to the head, ala Steve Austin. Piper then pulls Warrior to his feet, and again resorts to the punches that he threw at the beginning of the match, this time, every one of them connects with the Warrior head. Finally, Roddy sends the Warrior into the ropes and connects with a high knee, catching Warrior in the chin. Piper puts on the camel clutch. The Warrior is passed out, so the ref lifts his hand 3 times, then calls for the bell to a chorus of boos.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts