Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could a small promotion survive today?

I'm thinking a company with say Steve Corino being brought in as booker/champ.

Small roster of -

Steve Corino
C.W Anderson
Dave Flair

Tommy Rich
Rock'N'Roll Express

+ locals

I'm thinking a simple youth vs vets storyline, with Corino, C.W and Dave Flair doing their Extreme Horsemen team. Book the storyline over a month then change up the 3 vets to keep it fresh.
Have a base/hotel and run 3 driveable towns/areas from there say fri/sat/sun nights.

Just a quick simple outline of an idea but could something like this work?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
There a ton of small promotions out there so I'm sure a new one could survive in the right area with the right people running it.

I'm not so sure about your roster. David Flair? 54 year old Tommy Rich? How old are the Rock 'N' Roll Express now? Anything with Corino would be good but getting him to wrestle for you at every show might not be too easy. He won't put a small company over ROH bookings.

And I don't think any indy company could survive running 3 shows a week every week.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
For a small town promotion to work they need someone that the people will come to see each and every month, 2 weeks or week. (and pay to see) They need to target their audience quickly. And they need to respect the people and their intelligence (depending on what those people cheer & boo for at the first show).

But I honestly think that with today's facebook-twitter world we live in, companies can easily word to mouth without any effort and, given they have the talent, they can amount to tremendous things on a local level. And most of all, keeping it simple, not trying to reinvent the wheel is a mistake many up start companies make too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just like to see a small promotion go back to the simple heel/babyface format, using old school style wrestlers like Corino and C.W against actual older wrestlers like the Rock'N'Roll Express, Greg Valentine etc.
I agree about just running say 1 night a week, would be tough trying to get 3 nights out of the same wrestlers. Also if you changed up the Xtreme Horsemens oppositions every month or so you could keep the poeple interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts