Wrestling Forum banner

New ratings high for Smackdown on Syfy

4017 Views 46 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  Lastier
Friday's WWE Smackdown television show drew a 2.07 rating, which is up from the 1.88 rating the show drew the week before. The show averaged roughly 3.3 million viewers.

Previous high was 1.9. Seems smackdown is having a good run on SyFy
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,304 Posts
I think we know why the ratings are up...... because Christian isn't there, dude is such a ratings killer :lmao

· Banned
1,910 Posts
No Undertaker=high ratings

Mark Calloway is a cancer. Dude needs to learn from Bret Favre. Let the young guys get their shine.

· Registered
2,050 Posts
Surprise, surprise. They're finally booking good shows and the ratings are following. There's no major change in the show, but I think it's the little changes that are driving it. Del Rio, introduction of the Corre, addition of a lead announcer that doesn't put you to sleep when you hear his voice, the addition of Michael Cole, a main event not involving Kane and an all round fresher presentation.

The show just seems watchable again, despite it being not too different than a few months ago on face value.

· Ho!
20,568 Posts
Right, because he was totally there last week...

...and the week before, don't forget that :p

Anyway, I think the ratings increase is a combination of about 10% of the reason Edge being World Champion, 10% Barrett coming to SD after a strong run on Raw, 10% that Smackdown has actually been putting on consistently good shows the past few weeks, and 70% because the Royal Rumble is coming up and the road to Wrestlemania is starting up.

· Banned
1,910 Posts
Now all that needs to be done is get the Heavyweight strap on Kofi and let the people do the rest.

· Banned
1,910 Posts
Ziggler with VICKIE = ratings.

Ratings have been going up ever since she made him become the #1 contender. It's no coincidence.
I co sign

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.