Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday's WWE Smackdown television show drew a 2.07 rating, which is up from the 1.88 rating the show drew the week before. The show averaged roughly 3.3 million viewers.

Previous high was 1.9. Seems smackdown is having a good run on SyFy

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I think we know why the ratings are up...... because Christian isn't there, dude is such a ratings killer :lmao

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
No Undertaker=high ratings

Mark Calloway is a cancer. Dude needs to learn from Bret Favre. Let the young guys get their shine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Source: LordofPain

-- Last Friday's SmackDown! did a 2.12 (2.1) cable rating, with 3,295,000 viewers - the show's best rating since it moved to the SyFy channel

The show was also the most watched on a Friday night for SyFy since the Stargate Atlantis premiere back in 2004.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Surprise, surprise. They're finally booking good shows and the ratings are following. There's no major change in the show, but I think it's the little changes that are driving it. Del Rio, introduction of the Corre, addition of a lead announcer that doesn't put you to sleep when you hear his voice, the addition of Michael Cole, a main event not involving Kane and an all round fresher presentation.

The show just seems watchable again, despite it being not too different than a few months ago on face value.

·
Ho!
18,868 Posts
Right, because he was totally there last week...

...and the week before, don't forget that :p

Anyway, I think the ratings increase is a combination of about 10% of the reason Edge being World Champion, 10% Barrett coming to SD after a strong run on Raw, 10% that Smackdown has actually been putting on consistently good shows the past few weeks, and 70% because the Royal Rumble is coming up and the road to Wrestlemania is starting up.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Now all that needs to be done is get the Heavyweight strap on Kofi and let the people do the rest.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Ziggler with VICKIE = ratings.

Ratings have been going up ever since she made him become the #1 contender. It's no coincidence.
I co sign

·
Registered
114 Posts
Kane hasn't been on SD for 2 weeks... rating rise. I think Kane scares the little kids! Kids change to cartoon shows and forget to put SD back.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Since everyone is attributing the ratings spike to someone...

Champion Edge = Ratings

1 - 20 of 47 Posts