Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

To be released, December 14th - 2010.

The full song "Breaking News" will be available online for 1 week - starting Monday, November 8th 2010.

Actually can't wait! :D

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
I knew something was going to happen yesterday, there was a rumor about it on the MJJC message board. But even knowing about it beforehand, I was still fucking shocked and delighted when I saw the press release. Can't wait for Breaking News, this is going to be the longest weekend ever.

·
Legit BOSS
2,467 Posts
I heard they were going to release a new album, but getting the real confirmation makes me more excited and I can't wait to hear the new song.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
Cool cover. I hope there's about 12-15 songs of material and that it's from the 80's when he was his best. Hearing This is It which is from that era is why I say this. I heard he recorded a bunch of stuff the past couple years with Akon, Will i am, Chris Brown etc, but I'm less excited about that.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,970 Posts
Cool cover. I hope there's about 12-15 songs of material and that it's from the 80's when he was his best. Hearing This is It which is from that era is why I say this. I heard he recorded a bunch of stuff the past couple years with Akon, Will i am, Chris Brown etc, but I'm less excited about that.
I just want pure Micheal, none of these other "artist"

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
I just checked and it's only material recorded after Invincible came out. A little disappointing but it could still be good. It'll be interesting to hear his talent and mindset in the songs since he went through that trial and the press seemed to be fully against him during that time.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
I just checked and it's only material recorded after Invincible came out. A little disappointing but it could still be good.
Not disappointing at all. The post-Invincible material is probably stronger than a lot of the actual Invincible material. Half of Invincible was incredible, the other half was just alright. There's been a couple outtakes from Invincible that have been either released or leaked that are awesome, like Escape and We've Had Enough.

For those who think this is just an album of unreleased tracks thrown together, it's not. It's an album that Michael had been working on for a while, and they've brought in producers like Teddy Riley (who produced Dangerous) to bring it to completion. Michael's work with will.i.am also seems really promising, and I don't even like Will. There's the song Mike did with Akon "Hold My Hand" which was previously leaked, and is going to be the first single. It's kind of a weak song, but whatever. And the song with Lenny Kravitz "Another Day" should be amazing, a short clip of it was released last year and it sounded awesome. And of course there's "Breaking News" which will be streaming on michaeljackson.com starting at midnight.

I just can't wait to hear what was up to since 'Vince came out.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my actual god..... I think I just jizzed my pants. :p

His voice sounds sort of like it did in 2,000 Watts, so I guess that's why people say it isn't him.... But it is deffo him.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
Mr MJ™;9025741 said:
Oh my actual god..... I think I just jizzed my pants. :p

His voice sounds sort of like it did in 2,000 Watts, so I guess that's why people say it isn't him.... But it is deffo him.
Everybody is in an uproar claiming that it's an impersonater. Sure, the lead vocals sound a bit different but so does 2000 Watts like you said, it's Michael singing in a different register with a different style.

Ugh, can't ever enjoy anything MJ-related without some sort of shitstorm brewing. And I dig the fuck out of the song too, so this sucks right now.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Everybody is in an uproar claiming that it's an impersonater. Sure, the lead vocals sound a bit different but so does 2000 Watts like you said, it's Michael singing in a different register with a different style.

Ugh, can't ever enjoy anything MJ-related without some sort of shitstorm brewing. And I dig the fuck out of the song too, so this sucks right now.
I'm ignoring what people are saying about it not being him. He recorded this one in 2007 I think, so his voice would obviously be a tad different to what it was in say 1995 or even 2001. It's his 'normal' voice if you want to put it like that. :p

I hope the new album makes it to number one for Christmas. A single for number one would be awesome too.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
I'm ignoring what people are saying about it not being him. He recorded this one in 2007 I think, so his voice would obviously be a tad different to what it was in say 1995 or even 2001. It's his 'normal' voice if you want to put it like that. :p

I hope the new album makes it to number one for Christmas. A single for number one would be awesome too.
I know right? How can they expect someone's voice to remain exactly the same over time? It's been 9 years since Invincible, he aged. But a lot of fans jumping the gun, talking about boycotting the album and shit...I already pre-ordered, I want it regardless, but this situation needs to be cleared up or else it's going to ruin the whole experience of the album.

·
Super Moderator
19,327 Posts

Why does it matter what other people think of the song/album? If you like it then that's all that should matter to you. Surely you don't have to have other peoples approval to like music...So just enjoy it for what it is.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Well I can almost guarantee this won't be the last "new" album of Michael Jackson's that will be released. How many new albums has Jimi Hendrix released in the 40 years or so that he's been dead? Or how about Elvis? Or Nirvana? Johnny Cash even had one. I love Michael Jackson but I fear this is only the beginning of a long history of re-releases, remixes, demos, and lost recordings that will be released, all in a sad attempt to make just one more dollar.

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts

Why does it matter what other people think of the song/album? If you like it then that's all that should matter to you. Surely you don't have to have other peoples approval to like music...So just enjoy it for what it is.
It's not whether they enjoy it or not, it's whether the vocals are really Michael or not. that's what bothers me. There's a whole situation involving Sony, the MJ Estate, the Jackson family, John McClain, Teddy Riley, and other producers who worked on the album, and none of us know what is actually going on.

I like the song, but I'm suspicious of the whole situation because there is definitely something not right here.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I consider the song to be Michael's voice. I don't give a crap what other people are saying. Album has been pre-ordered and I can't wait. The only other thing I really, really want Sony to do is release the HIStory World Tour on Blu-Ray/DVD.

If more albums with unreleased tracks come out, then that's cool too. But I'd rather, if there are enough, they come out on 2 or 3 disc albums instead of individual different albums.

I'm aware Sony are after money but it doesn't bother me that much, I care about the music more than anything else.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts