Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always felt like this forum had too much complaining and not enough constructiveness, so I decided to start a constructive thread!

I feel like WWE has been lacking in innovation lately, but I had an idea that could work as an exciting match and get new superstars over.

After being constantly hounded for title shots, Triple H would make this match, the idea being that only wrestlers who have never had a world title can participate.

10 men start in the ring with battle royal over the top elimination.

At the Final Four, the match converts to pinfall or submission elimination rules.

Once one wrestler is pinned, the match further steps up to No Holds Barred.

At the last two, a cage or Hell in a Cell comes down and the final fall is a Last Man Standing inside the cage.

The winner would unquestionably be the new No 1 Contender.

You know, a while ago I even heard Creative was told to come up with a new cage match concept, but nothing really came of it. I wish WWE would make some new matches because they're whoring their old gimmicks out on throw-away gimmick PPVs. There's no more surprise when Hell in a Cell, TLC, or the Elimination Chamber are used, and the cage match itself has depreciated immensely. I don't think I've seen a cage match on PPV in a long time, just for a slightly advanced TV main event.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I like the whole match concept, except the stipulation that only wrestlers that has never had a title shot can participate.

And I was going to change anything, it would be that it should happen at a PPV, like once a year stipulation. You know, like MITB etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That sounds pretty cool actually. Only thing I would change is don't have the last stage be a Last Man Standing inside a cage (just seems a bit too much) - just have it one or the other.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This idea sounds like the 3 stages of hell concept, but with more than 3 stages. Y'know...
I guess so, though 3 stages of hell was meant to be an absolute feud ender between only 2 superstars. This would be meant as a hellish match for guys wanting to get a title shot.

The main REASON I wanted only guys who never won a title to compete in it is because the high profile title or contendership matches are usually packed with main eventers. This gives young guys the opportunity to show off and shows how much a number one contendership means.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
What about a signature match for Wade Barrett. A fist fight. basicly boxing. He should always win.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I do like the concept but it does have it's flaws. I mean all of what you mentioned are already match types.

With that said, if you just turn it into this I think it would be cool :

10 Men (Over The Top, Battle Royal)
4 Men Left (Two are eliminated by pinfall or submission)
2 Men Left (Traditional Cage Match, the only way to win is to get out.)

There would only be one match per PPV, 5 Raw, 5 Smackdown.
Cool PPV name for this : "Championship Road"

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Well, I got an interesting concept for a tag team match. We'll call it the Glass Cage Tag Team Match.

Concept

A glass cage 20ft high surrounds the ring with an escape hole in the top for any superstars on the inside to escape from. The superstars escape by climbing one of the two diagonal ladders to the hole at the top. The first superstar to stand on top of the glass cage is the victor, whether it be one or two of the tag partners.

Rules

1. To win the match you must climb up one of the diagonal ladders and go out from the escape hole at the very top of the glass cage. At the top may be (in the case of a title match) tag team title belts.
2. To tag in your tag team partner you must open the glass door from the inside, step onto the floor and allow your partner to enter the ring.
3. Only two superstars may be in the ring at any given time unless 15 minutes have passed and in that case the doors are opened automatically and any tag partners on the outside may come in for a brawl.

Feedback?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Well, I got an interesting concept for a tag team match. We'll call it the Glass Cage Tag Team Match.

Concept

A glass cage 20ft high surrounds the ring with an escape hole in the top for any superstars on the inside to escape from. The superstars escape by climbing one of the two diagonal ladders to the hole at the top. The first superstar to stand on top of the glass cage is the victor, whether it be one or two of the tag partners.

Rules

1. To win the match you must climb up one of the diagonal ladders and go out from the escape hole at the very top of the glass cage. At the top may be (in the case of a title match) tag team title belts.
2. To tag in your tag team partner you must open the glass door from the inside, step onto the floor and allow your partner to enter the ring.
3. Only two superstars may be in the ring at any given time unless 15 minutes have passed and in that case the doors are opened automatically and any tag partners on the outside may come in for a brawl.

Feedback?
Didnt TNA have some kind of "escaping through the middle of the roof" match once? And that it didn't end cause nobody was able to climb out cause it's impossible..?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I don't dislike the idea, but the thing with wrestling is the simpler the better.

You should never have a match where that much explanation needs to go into it. Whenever I think of a match, I always imagine The Fink reading the rules before it (probably because I always remember him explaining the Rumble match when I was younger). Could you imagine him reading out all those stipulations? Too hard for simpletons to follow lol.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
How about a tag team ladder match in a cage? I think it would have made sense after TLC II when all three teams had someone interfere and E&C won because Rhyno basically pushed them up the ladders.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Didnt TNA have some kind of "escaping through the middle of the roof" match once? And that it didn't end cause nobody was able to climb out cause it's impossible..?

About new ideas: Teddy Hart gave an interview about his new wrestling ideas on the LAW (Live Audio Wrestling)

Here is WrestlingSoup's clip about it, including parts of the original interview.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I always felt like this forum had too much complaining and not enough constructiveness, so I decided to start a constructive thread!

I feel like WWE has been lacking in innovation lately, but I had an idea that could work as an exciting match and get new superstars over.

After being constantly hounded for title shots, Triple H would make this match, the idea being that only wrestlers who have never had a world title can participate.

10 men start in the ring with battle royal over the top elimination.

At the Final Four, the match converts to pinfall or submission elimination rules.

Once one wrestler is pinned, the match further steps up to No Holds Barred.

At the last two, a cage or Hell in a Cell comes down and the final fall is a Last Man Standing inside the cage.

The winner would unquestionably be the new No 1 Contender.

You know, a while ago I even heard Creative was told to come up with a new cage match concept, but nothing really came of it. I wish WWE would make some new matches because they're whoring their old gimmicks out on throw-away gimmick PPVs. There's no more surprise when Hell in a Cell, TLC, or the Elimination Chamber are used, and the cage match itself has depreciated immensely. I don't think I've seen a cage match on PPV in a long time, just for a slightly advanced TV main event.
That's an awesome match concept dude.

·
Registered
10 Posts
a pit made of and surrounded by iron rebars. at the top its on fire so noone can escape. a door under the pit were you would have access to tables,ladders,chairs ect. it would be a three step elimination process. you have to qualify by getting the pin over your opponents then it becomes a tables match, then you would have to qualify by pin again to the next step which would be no holds barred match. qualifing again by pin it would start the final match a hardcore iron man match with the winner recieving a title shot

·
Banned
1,760 Posts

Concept

Rules

Feedback?
Dude really? A diagram and all? For real? :lmao

1 - 20 of 40 Posts