Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A stable here on RAW with Christian as the leader of this group, Swagger as the enforcer/muscle of the group and one half of the tag team with Dolph Ziggler who is the cocky pretty boy of the stable and the other half of the tag team, and Cody Rhodes as the young lion of the stable

The 4 of them as a stable, with Vickie Guerrero as their mouthpiece

This would be epic in terms of a stable

They can be like the New Horsemen with Christian being the Flair of the stable, Swagger being the Arn Anderson of the stable and Dolph being the Tully Blanchard of the stable, and Rhodes as the Barry Windham of the stable

With Vickie being their J.J. Dillon of the stable

Build the stable around Christian, and their goal is to help Christian to become World Heavyweight Champion once again

The 4 of them as a stable, they can be bigger than DX, bigger than the Horsemen, bigger than Evolution, better than Nexus, better than The Corre

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Christian can be compared to a young Flair

Swagger & Ziggler to me they look like a young Arn & Tully, especially if you can build them up right as a proper tag team, then who knows they very well could be

And Rhodes could benefit from being in this stable too being like Barry Windham in a sense

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like it and think it works, bin too long since there was a top stable causing caos think its something that Raw is lacking, the hiding that they gave Morrison almost goes back to the DX days beating on the rock.

·
Registered
615 Posts
A stable here on RAW with Christian as the leader of this group, Swagger as the enforcer/muscle of the group and one half of the tag team with Dolph Ziggler who is the cocky pretty boy of the stable and the other half of the tag team, and Cody Rhodes as the young lion of the stable

The 4 of them as a stable, with Vickie Guerrero as their mouthpiece

This would be epic in terms of a stable

They can be like the New Horsemen with Christian being the Flair of the stable, Swagger being the Arn Anderson of the stable and Dolph being the Tully Blanchard of the stable, and Rhodes as the Barry Windham of the stable

With Vickie being their J.J. Dillon of the stable

Build the stable around Christian, and their goal is to help Christian to become World Heavyweight Champion once again

The 4 of them as a stable, they can be bigger than DX, bigger than the Horsemen, bigger than Evolution, better than Nexus, better than The Corre
As much as I like the idea of that stable Im not sure the WWE regard Christian highly enough to lead it, a leader has to be a real world title competitor and though I think he is, I dont think the WWE see him that way. As for bigger than DX, Horsemen & Evolution I have to disagree.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But over time who knows they could become a popular stable especially if you throw them together and actually have them stay together

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Christian can be compared to a young Flair

Swagger & Ziggler to me they look like a young Arn & Tully, especially if you can build them up right as a proper tag team, then who knows they very well could be

And Rhodes could benefit from being in this stable too being like Barry Windham in a sense

How exactly?

The gimmicks are completely opposite, the promos they cut are nothing alike, the look completely different, have different gear, have had completely different careers and have totally different wrestling styles. Apart from that they are like peas in a pod.

I like the idea of the stable though, but would prefer if it was a group of equals rather than having a defined leader.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As much as I like the idea of that stable Im not sure the WWE regard Christian highly enough to lead it, a leader has to be a real world title competitor and though I think he is, I dont think the WWE see him that way. As for bigger than DX, Horsemen & Evolution I have to disagree.
Agreed cant see them being bigger than anything of those but stables have always been a good way of moving someone up the ladder towards a title shot look atthe rock when he was in the Nation, that was his precursor to main event status.

Not sure they would move christian up i dont think he is good enough i think there is more chance with Rhodes than christian though what the hell they are doing with this paper bag shit and making him seem crazy rather than arrogant confuses the hell out of me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Agreed cant see them being bigger than anything of those but stables have always been a good way of moving someone up the ladder towards a title shot look atthe rock when he was in the Nation, that was his precursor to main event status.

Not sure they would move christian up i dont think he is good enough i think there is more chance with Rhodes than christian though what the hell they are doing with this paper bag shit and making him seem crazy rather than arrogant confuses the hell out of me.

·
HEY YO
4,622 Posts
:lmao @ Vickie Guerrero being compared to JJ Dillon. I can really see the resemblance.

Oh, besides that, I don't really like the idea. Factions are good to have a couple of known guys, and a couple of unknown to help build the unknown guys. All the guys mentioned have made names for themselves. I could see at least two of them suffering from taking a back seat to others in the faction.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But Christian has never had the opportunity to have a stable of his own, that he could call his very own in WWE, and I think Christian could be a great stable leader especially if they gave him a chance

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How exactly?

The gimmicks are completely opposite, the promos they cut are nothing alike, the look completely different, have different gear, have had completely different careers and have totally different wrestling styles. Apart from that they are like peas in a pod.

I like the idea of the stable though, but would prefer if it was a group of equals rather than having a defined leader.
I beg to differ.. Remember... CORRE?
we are a group of equal individuals.....
Attacking and breaking up the 'muscle' of the group after just a few weeks.
The most popular guy going for the IC title and then feud with the 'ex-muscle'.
And the other 2 broke up as tag team after miscommunication.
Christian = barrette
Swagger = Zeke
Rhodes & Ziggler = slater and Gabriel?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I beg to differ.. Remember... CORRE?

Attacking and breaking up the 'muscle' of the group after just a few weeks.
The most popular guy going for the IC title and then feud with the 'ex-muscle'.
And the other 2 broke up as tag team after miscommunication.
Christian = barrette
Swagger = Zeke
Rhodes & Ziggler = slater and Gabriel?

I don't think it's a fair comparison, in the same way I think the Horseman comparison isn't valid either.

The Corre was made up of a decent worker (Slater) a guy with the look (Zeke) a promo man (Barrett) and a worker (Gabriel) not really the making of a classic faction considering I would only categorise arguably Barrett as anything close to a total package. With the proposed faction here you have Christian (all rounder), Swagger (pretty near an all rounder) Ziggler (all rounder) and Cody (good promo, getting near to being a good worker). All four have been around several years and 3 of them have held world titles (yes I am aware Ziggler and Swaggers reigns were utter shit, but the point stands). You have four composite parts with credibility and skills. All on around the same level (upper mid cards) so I think having one becoming leader is counter-productive, it gives the spotlight to one guy who is head honcho and could hurt the other 3. I think they are good enough to be relatively equal, unlike the Corre which was utter shit

·
Nom Nom Nom
68 Posts
The Horsemen/Evolution thing has been beat to death. I'd like to see something different opposed to the same formula. (Leader, Mentor, Enforcer, Youth)

Also,I don't think Christian is even in the same ballpark as Flair.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay if we went through your formula

Christian (Leader)
Arn Anderson (Mentor)
Jack Swagger (Enforcer)
Richie Steamboat (Youth; FCW, 2nd generation superstar the son of WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts