Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the wwe get some of their younger guys some. I could enjoy the PG era if the wrestlers actually has personalities or stood for something.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Gimmick =/= Character. A gimmick is not necessarily the same as having a character. The trouble with most of the young guys nowadays is that WWE gives 'em no time to build up their character. Gimmicks can be short-term solutions, but normally, a wrestler builds a character around that gimmick, and many a time, like Triple H's transformation from the Connecticut Blueblood to the Game, the gimmick gives way to the character.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Gimmick =/= Character. A gimmick is not necessarily the same as having a character. The trouble with most of the young guys nowadays is that WWE gives 'em no time to build up their character. Gimmicks can be short-term solutions, but normally, a wrestler builds a character around that gimmick, and many a time, like Triple H's transformation from the Connecticut Blueblood to the Game, the gimmick gives way to the character.
Exactly, let me me break it down further for the OP with a few examples:

Gimmick = Doink The Clown, Eugene, IRS

Character = Triple H, Edge, Chris Jericho

There's a big difference between the guys in the first list and the guys in the second.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The WWE definately needs to establish a couple of new character to bolster both rosters. The WWE could start using some of its talent better and develop some much needed charaters.

I really hope someone in WWE puts over Mark Henry (sorry to say no mic skills), MVP and even Tarver as huge heels and really push the envelope as suggested. Mark Henry always comes across as abit part player give him something decent to do and use him properly, putting people around him to make up for his weaknesses and ensure his strengths are used.

Bring back decent tag team wrestling.......maybe NXT of tag teams to help start off the division again.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

There's a big difference between the guys in the first list and the guys in the second.
ding ding ding!!! we have a winner!

·
Registered
340 Posts

what you would you call dashing cody rhodes then?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
what you would you call dashing cody rhodes then?
Currently he falls under the gimmick category, further development is required before he qualifies as a character. The 3 I named as charactetrs all began as gimmicks but fleshed it out over the years, Cody has yet to be given the oppoortunity to do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts