1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
Problem right now is the creative in control. They vision for the product right now is cheesy as fuck. It legit feels like they are indy kings. They need to be brsnding it and a vision that is engaging and no ecw tacky reboot. They simply will not grow with the current direction

You can love it thats fine but that is just facts.

·
Intoner
6,512 Posts
Hard to be excited in these tough times.

But if coronavirus wont kill us and our economy then I am happy for Impact. The only thing company needs is money. The product is as good as it can be with their current resources.

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
The new GM needs to get this promotion out of its tacky ass indy state and into a more professional feel with compelling storylins. WTF is Don thinking with this durection. Its beyond cheese ball tacky indy pro feel. If thats the level they wanna stay at forever than its perfect direction but they aint going to grow this way.

Some stuff is great and has some adult feel but most of it is lame

·
Registered
219 Posts
The new GM needs to get this promotion out of its tacky ass indy state and into a more professional feel with compelling storylins. WTF is Don thinking with this durection. Its beyond cheese ball tacky indy pro feel. If thats the level they wanna stay at forever than its perfect direction but they aint going to grow this way.

Some stuff is great and has some adult feel but most of it is lame

But they were growing with this direction though before the Coronavirus.Their attendance is up siginificantly and their viewership is great as well.

They sold 3,000 tickets for Hard To Kill, 3,000 for BFG last year, and 2.000 for their Mexico show in January of this year.

They're also getting 250,000 viewers onAxs (a network only in 50 million homes) according to their announcer
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/fm99v5
So they're growing and they're doing just fine and are still paying their talent despite their cancelled shows.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hard to be excited in these tough times.

But if coronavirus wont kill us and our economy then I am happy for Impact. The only thing company needs is money. The product is as good as it can be with their current resources.
Well according to Impact's announcer Impactdrumboy (the redditor) they're getting great viewership on Axs (they're getting 250,000 viewers on a network thats only in 50 million homes which is great) https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/fm99v5
And according to another Impact insider Kingofgeorgia95 Impact's been profit able since 2018 https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/d2v8oy/_/ezxf0d6
So they're making money and has been for 2 years now, I just think they don't want to overpay for talent like TNA did (which came back to bite TNA because those big money contracts added to their expenses).

Plus Anthem has big goals for Impact thats why they signed that deal with IHeartMedia to promote Impact and their other properties but mainly its to promote Impact since thats their most valuable asset according to Ed Nordholm. And this new GM will help them grow was well by promoting them and grow their revenue.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Problem right now is the creative in control. They vision for the product right now is cheesy as fuck. It legit feels like they are indy kings. They need to be brsnding it and a vision that is engaging and no ecw tacky reboot. They simply will not grow with the current direction

I agree. I gave a long look at it a week ago and what did I see?

• An Undead Realm segment that had the production values of a high school Public Access video production
  • A lack of segments that really introduced us to the current characters. That's the bar that Impact has to hurdle - they have a cast of largely unknowns and they need to get momentum behind them over time to make them into viable characters. Precisely what AEW is doing so well right now and what Lucha excelled at - Impact needs to give their unknowns unique personas.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Well according to Impact's announcer Impactdrumboy (the redditor) they're getting great viewership on Axs (they're getting 250,000 viewers on a network thats only in 50 million homes which is great) https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/fm99v5
And according to another Impact insider Kingofgeorgia95 Impact's been profit able since 2018 https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/d2v8oy/_/ezxf0d6
So they're making money and has been for 2 years now, I just think they don't want to overpay for talent like TNA did (which came back to bite TNA because those big money contracts added to their expenses).

Plus Anthem has big goals for Impact thats why they signed that deal with IHeartMedia to promote Impact and their other properties but mainly its to promote Impact since thats their most valuable asset according to Ed Nordholm. And this new GM will help them grow was well by promoting them and grow their revenue.
In order to grow you have to lock up talent long-term. Impact needs to play moneyball and overpay some of their young, promising talent and lock them up into 3 - 5 year deals. Look at Killer Cross and Scarlett Bourdeaux....how much time did Impact invest in them last year only for them to become the latest additions to NXT?

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
In order to grow you have to lock up talent long-term. Impact needs to play moneyball and overpay some of their young, promising talent and lock them up into 3 - 5 year deals. Look at Killer Cross and Scarlett Bourdeaux....how much time did Impact invest in them last year only for them to become the latest additions to NXT?

the roster is way to weak to be over paying anyone and the direction of the promotion is not good enough for this either. Maybe with the new guy in charge a lot of needed change will take place

·
Registered
52 Posts
which difference makers have they lost?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
which difference makers have they lost?
You will never know until you stop hemorrhaging talent. Their talent - not all, but a lot - needs to be there for three years - locked in - to allow them to organically rise based on their abilities and Impact's promotional strategy. Impact is going to have to go after really young, inexperienced talent and they are not going to rise overnight. The last thing Impact should want to be is just an unaffiliated developmental territory for WWE. They should be striving to get back to the number two promotional position in the country.

Step 1: Become profitable

Step 2: Begin selectively locking in talent to long-term deals

Step 3: Grow profitability through international deals, licensing, and selective touring. House shows can be profitable under certain conditions.

Step 4: Serve as a landing place for diamond in the rough, younger WWE stars who are tired of how they are being treated - like an EC3, Neville, or Revival and compete with AEW for these talent. Tony Khan's father may be a billionaire, but Tony himself is not and he's not putting a billion dollars into the company. Take this younger talent - along with the homegrown talent - and continue to build.

There are things that Impact is doing that make sense. Going in an adult direction is wise - as it's the opposite of WWE. Because they're owned by Anthem, they can take risks and not worry about being cancelled from the network - unlike AEW. There's a market that they can carve out for themselves - they just have to be smarter about executing to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You will never know until you stop hemorrhaging talent. Their talent - not all, but a lot - needs to be there for three years - locked in - to allow them to organically rise based on their abilities and Impact's promotional strategy. Impact is going to have to go after really young, inexperienced talent and they are not going to rise overnight. The last thing Impact should want to be is just an unaffiliated developmental territory for WWE. They should be striving to get back to the number two promotional position in the country.

Step 1: Become profitable

Step 2: Begin selectively locking in talent to long-term deals

Step 3: Grow profitability through international deals, licensing, and selective touring. House shows can be profitable under certain conditions.

Step 4: Serve as a landing place for diamond in the rough, younger WWE stars who are tired of how they are being treated - like an EC3, Neville, or Revival and compete with AEW for these talent. Tony Khan's father may be a billionaire, but Tony himself is not and he's not putting a billion dollars into the company. Take this younger talent - along with the homegrown talent - and continue to build.

There are things that Impact is doing that make sense. Going in an adult direction is wise - as it's the opposite of WWE. Because they're owned by Anthem, they can take risks and not worry about being cancelled from the network - unlike AEW. There's a market that they can carve out for themselves - they just have to be smarter about executing to it.
they've been doing 1,2,and 3.

4 as a Impact fan I don't really want to see former WWE talent in Impact just because they were in the WWE.

Going in the adult direction has gotten them banned from twitch. If they want to make money they need to keep it kid friendly but with a edge. PG-13 is they way to roll.

·
Registered
219 Posts
In order to grow you have to lock up talent long-term. Impact needs to play moneyball and overpay some of their young, promising talent and lock them up into 3 - 5 year deals. Look at Killer Cross and
they've been doing 1,2,and 3.

4 as a Impact fan I don't really want to see former WWE talent in Impact just because they were in the WWE.

Going in the adult direction has gotten them banned from twitch. If they want to make money they need to keep it kid friendly but with a edge. PG-13 is they way to roll.
From what I remember reading they were only banned from Twitch for a week. Twitch still simulcasts their shows every tuesday.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From what I remember reading they were only banned from Twitch for a week. Twitch still simulcasts their shows every tuesday.
but they were still banned. which should be a sign to tone it down. Now on twitch if there is something questionable they don't show it. You get extra Impact commercials, a through back match, or like for the past undead realm you got the audio but not the video

·
Registered
219 Posts
but they were still banned. which should be a sign to tone it down. Now on twitch if there is something questionable they don't show it. You get extra Impact commercials, a through back match, or like for the past undead realm you got the audio but not the video

They're not banned from Twitch they were only banned last year for a week. Twitch still shows their episodes simulcast on AXS tv.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Yep. I stopped watching once things got too sklly ond over the top.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Yep. I stopped watching once things got too sklly ond over the top.
Absolutely. The presentation is terrible:

• Generic looking lighting and ring - it appears to be a lower end version of Ring of Honor
  • While there are some exceptions, a lot of the venues are poorly lit and look dingy.
  • The attendees appear disinterested...I don't see anything close to the energy that AEW, WWE, or ROH generate
  • Most of the backstage segments have mediocre production values, and some of the segments are absolutely terrible
  • Many of the male wrestlers look generic - shorter guys with lots of tattoos - but hard to tell what their distinct characters are
I don't hate Impact - I want it to rebuild and succeed. There's a market for an adult focused wrestling promotion. That doesn't mean it's TV-M...it just needs to be written for people 18 and above and not be a cliched, Barney version of wrestling (WWE). I'm just not seeing signs of a real rebound yet. Hopefully it changes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts